Very Un-Disney Restaurant Policies

Chi84

Premium Member
Look, I would never advocate people being needy, immature or making a mountain out of a molehill because that's a bad look for an adult. (Witness the lengthy thread involving people who can't manage to meet up on the other side of bag check.) I honestly believe the OP did not receive acceptable customer service when Disney's dining plan failed to work and he was asked to choose between waiting around for an hour or paying twice and then having to get his money back.

In this case, it should be "life's hard" for Disney, which should be the one to suffer the consequences when its systems don't work. Vacation time is at a premium at Disney largely because of its own choice to set up a system that has people planning each move within an inch of their life.

Businesses expect to be held accountable when things go wrong and the customer ends up having a bad experience. You're not doing anyone any favors by letting the business off the hook and making the customer look like the bad guy in that situation.

jaklgreen

Again, no, but the amount of time it will take to resolve is not known when the restaurant is telling the guest to pay for a second time and then resolve the matter themselves. It could take minutes or it could take hours. Disney’s means of handling a problem with their system should not commit guests to potentially hours of missed vacation time.

I don't think anyone is doubting that is could take Disney some time to get an incident fixed. But no one is going to have to stand at guest services for hours while they work on it. You go and tell them the issue. If it is going to take them a while, they will keep working on it and get back to you. You are free to go about your day.

Chi84

Premium Member
I don't think anyone is doubting that is could take Disney some time to get an incident fixed. But no one is going to have to stand at guest services for hours while they work on it. You go and tell them the issue. If it is going to take them a while, they will keep working on it and get back to you. You are free to go about your day.
I wish you had been there to tell them that when we were having those credit card authorization hold issues ;)

Actually, if the restaurant had just told the OP to go about his day while they worked out the dining credit issue with Disney, he probably wouldn't have minded. It was the part about him having to hand over his credit card and get charged again for something he already paid for that was the problem.

Last edited:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer

That doesn't solve the problem, and just puts unnecessary burden on the guest rather than pressuring Disney to fix their broken systems and policies.

jaklgreen

That doesn't solve the problem, and just puts unnecessary burden on the guest rather than pressuring Disney to fix their broken systems and policies.

I was responding to the doom and gloomers that are convinced that any little issue is going to take "hours" out of their lives. Sometimes things happen. Disney is pretty good at compensating in these cases.

lazyboy97o

There are enough reports of this not being the case. Or people have to keep raising the issue because it was not actually solved.

jaklgreen

I wish you had been there to tell them that when we were having those credit card authorization hold issues ;)

I have a limit. After that I tell them to get it fixed and get back to me and that I am not wasting any more time standing at guest services. And then I would have used a different means of payment until it was worked out.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I was responding to the doom and gloomers that are convinced that any little issue is going to take "hours" out of their lives. Sometimes things happen. Disney is pretty good at compensating in these cases.

They shouldn't put guests in this situation in the first place though.

jaklgreen

There are enough reports of this not being the case. Or people have to keep raising the issue because it was not actually solved.

I get it. I have spent time at guest services over the years. Never for hours because I refuse to do so. Sometimes you have to advocate for your time.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I have a limit. After that I tell them to get it fixed and get back to me and that I am not wasting any more time standing at guest services. And then I would have used a different means of payment until it was worked out.

There are very few situations where it's OK for a guest to have to go to guest services to resolve a problem. A failure for Disney to properly charge a guest's fully paid dining plan credits is not an acceptable reason.

Chi84

Premium Member
Well, alrighty then. I guess you're just a lot better at handling Disney vacations than I am . . .

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I get it. I have spent time at guest services over the years. Never for hours because I refuse to do so. Sometimes you have to advocate for your time.

I've had problems at WDW that took minutes, problems that took hours, and even problems that took days to resolve. I get it, things happen. Disney is just really really really bad at taking ownership of problems these days. The guest should never have to deal with this sort of thing, ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom