Very Ashamed...

thomas998

Don't be, I've been going since 72 and October the 3rd was my first and most likely last Dole Whip. Not a fan and I love pineapple.
I don't know if it was faulty memory or what... But I had my first in the 70's and it was really good... Then had a long dry spell with no Disney from the mid-80's til the late 90's and I swear they don't taste as good today as they did way back... In the early days I really liked them... but now I can take them or leave them because they just don't taste the same.

Disney4family

I just wish they would bring back the vanilla ice cream for the Dole Whip Floats! The new place is big enough to handle a variety of ice cream flavors. We enjoy the floats on a hot summer day, but having pineapple ice cream on top of the pineapple juice does make it too sweet.
I also wish they could make a citrus swirl float! That would be so refreshing!

punkabella

I'm a citrus swirl girl and Orange Bird fan. On my last trip they were out of citrus swirl in the afternoon so my friends got a dole whip. They forced me to have a bite. It wasn't bad, but it was definitely not something i'd get again. It was my first taste of a dole whip since going to WDW since 1982.

stargrl33

I'm lactose intolerant so I'm not sure I can have a dole whip...guess I'll make the husband get one next time, and I'll just take a little bite.

thomas998

I'm lactose intolerant so I'm not sure I can have a dole whip...guess I'll make the husband get one next time, and I'll just take a little bite.
I doubt there is enough lactose in them to bother you... Probably all artificial stuff with flavoring at this point.

JIMINYCR

WOW..... Dont know how you could go this long without being curious enough to try one. When I'm on line I'm always seeing things posted at Disney that I have to try. But I've got an adventurous side where I'll try anything that perks my curiosity. Yeah... sometimes I run into things that I absolutely hate but I remember my mother always saying.... You never know if youll like it or not until you try it. ;););)
tumblr_inline_mlputn5ueB1qz4rgp.png

rsoxguy

After hundreds of visits I never have tried one of these things, and I probably never will. It just screams of sour Mcflurry from an unsanitary machine to me.

Prince-1

I always thought of myself as a HUGE Disney fan. Being born in 71 living and going to WDW for 44 years.... I have to say... I have NEVER had a Dole Whip!!

As I type this.. I hang my head in Disney shame...

That is all... climbing back under my rock..
I always thought of myself as a HUGE Disney fan. Being born in 71 living and going to WDW for 44 years.... I have to say... I have NEVER had a Dole Whip!!

giphy.gif

JillC LI

Just out of curiosity, 44 years is a long time not to have at least tasted it once - was this a conscious decision?

Yes.. Good point... Going to Disneyland this year... hopefully they have as well....

Not only do they have it, but they put a cute little umbrella and a cherry on top of the dole whip floats there so they are even better!

Last edited:

Minigma

I believe Dole Whips are not made with milk. So you should be fine.

Yes in Disneyland you can take your Dole Whip into the Enchanted Tiki Room. And the line is usually shorter on that side of the stand. If you're extra lucky, you'll get Maynard as your Tiki host. Look him up on Youtube. He's fantastic!

ClassicMickeyFan

Don't feel bad, I've never had a Dole Whip, either, and I love pineapple! Just haven't had a desire to try one yet when we've visited the parks. In fact, I haven't had a Turkey Leg, either, and I tried my first Mickey waffle only a couple of weeks ago on our 3rd Disney trip.

Now you have a good reason to plan another trip to Disney -, you gotta try a Dole Whip!

wedway71

Original Poster
Just out of curiosity, 44 years is a long time not to have at least tasted it once - was this a conscious decision?

Not only do they have it, but they put a cute little umbrella and a cherry on top of the dole whip floats there so they are even better!

Good question.... One of those things where just never felt the need.. I guess when I go to DL I am going to have to take a Dole Whip selfie... lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom