Very Ashamed...

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
You don't have to fork in a bunch of money over an over-rated "traditional Disney dessert" to not be considered a huge Disney fan. I'm sure most people would be impressed enough just by the amount of money we spend on the trips in general. :p

Bairstow

I'm lactose intolerant so I'm not sure I can have a dole whip...guess I'll make the husband get one next time, and I'll just take a little bite.

I'm lactose intolerant too, and straight-up dole whips never bothered me. I believe they're dairy-free.
Just avoid the vanilla swirl- that actually has some dairy in it.

Tink0102

My son and I got something on our first trip that we thought was this fabled and much loved dole whip and we were not impressed. It was ice cream in pineapple juice. A float of some sort. We didn't like it at all. Apparently, you have to know what to ask for and I guess we didn't.

Bairstow

My son and I got something on our first trip that we thought was this fabled and much loved dole whip and we were not impressed. It was ice cream in pineapple juice. A float of some sort. We didn't like it at all. Apparently, you have to know what to ask for and I guess we didn't.

The float is pretty much it, though I prefer to get it straight as it comes.
You've more or less experienced it and if you don't care for it there's no reason to get another one.

43483.jpg

jlsHouston

LOL that's what I always order. Although I learned it's not as good when the temps drop to freezing in the park.

jengrey

I had a Dole Whip on our trip last month. It was my first in my all my 8 visits since 1985. I didn't like it at all and it actually made me feel quite ill for the rest of the day. I'll try a Citrus Swirl when I go back next year...maybe those are more my speed.

drp4video

I finally had one somewhere around my 21st trip a few years ago. I love pineapple but I did not like the dole whip.

Sonconato

Don't be too ashamed about the Dole Whip. I personally find the now forgotten Strawberry Swirl more my thing. This was an exactly like the orange swirl except with strawberry. Remember when they sold them at Fruitful Refreshments (aka Cheshire Café)? Those were the best! Memories...

Glasgow

I used to like them but now I heard they're full of mold and condensation. Oh, sorry .. I'm getting my threads crossed.

KikoKea

I feel your shame and despair. After many visits over the years, Hubby and I shared our first Dole Whip on our last trip to WDW in Sept- I've heard so much about it, I thought we were missing out on a Disney classic. It was good, but nothing great and I doubt if we'll get it again. Those extra 1000 calories will be saved for sharing an ice cream cookie while we watch the Goodnight Kiss.

TLand

After being a CM and having several visits on the last few years, I made a point of trying the Dole Whip and the Turkey leg on my last trip.

Dole Whip was ok...not something I would look for again

The Tukey leg was good, but it demands too much effort to eat in the park...I have a beard and It was grease all over it...lol

jackson2005

I finally had one last month, and I am not a pineapple fan, but I did like it. We had the float. On a hot day anything cold is good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom