Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

_caleb

A lot of people don't know much about this part of their business unless they are huge Disney fans. And timeshare units is no longer seen as a good investment.
Has anyone seen all those “timeshare exit” firms advertising heavily recently?

mdcpr

DisneyCane

A lot of people don't know much about this part of their business unless they are huge Disney fans. And timeshare units is no longer seen as a good investment.
Were timeshare units ever seen as a good investment? I don't think good investments require high pressure sales tactics to get people to invest!

mdcpr

There is a DVC kiosk in almost every land, huge billboards, and at deluxe resorts. There is no way Disney was counting on this being a one and done.
There is a DVC kiosk in almost every land, huge billboards, and at deluxe resorts. There is no way Disney was counting on this being a one and done.
It's called marketing. And actually, I was surprised that when I stayed at a Deluxe I was not pushed into a timeshare, but when I stayed at a moderate they did.

pdude81

It's called marketing. And actually, I was surprised that when I stayed at a Deluxe I was not pushed into a timeshare, but when I stayed at a moderate they did.
Well if you stay cash at a deluxe you are paying more per visit for lodging than DVC. Often the pitch is that you stay in deluxe accommodations at moderate prices. So I can see the rationale for focusing on those spending above value prices but not locked in for the next 50 years.

Miss Bella

There were actually marketed as a good investment once! And they might have been at some point depending on who manages them.
I think if you bought 10-15 years ago it was a good investment. I looked at buying a resale back in 2009 when people were desperate to sell due to the recession. I could have gotten 300 pts at the beach club for around 10k. A standard room at the beach club with the best discount of 35% off during the value months is going to run about 2500 for a week. Hind sight being 20\20 that was a great deal, and I could kick myself for not buying it. Today 300 points would probably run around 30k. I'm sure the people that bought 20 years ago are really happy with their investment.

I just spent a week at Saratoga Springs one bedroom preferred. A three minute walk to Disney Springs, all that space and washer and dryer. It was great. I stayed at Riviera in a one bedroom in August and loved that as well. I'm not sure I can go back to a regular room at Disney.

Miss Bella

Agree. The strategy is to make it a once in a lifetime experience, and never do it again. The world is too big and fascinating for WDW to be yearly trips for some.
After several WDW trips we took a five year break from Disney and took several Disney European cruises. We went back to WDW a couple of years ago and got sucked back in, bought annual passes and made a few trips. I hadn't planned on visiting WDW in 2020 or 2021, but here we are with really no where else to go at the moment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom