Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

pdude81

No inside information at all. It’s just odd they won’t sell new AP’s to the public. The demand is there. It’s makes no business sense.
I just assumed they didn't want a bunch of people buying annual passes and then finding out they can't get in (only 3 future reservations allowed without resort reservation). Plus for now they seem to be hitting capacity with people paying for regular ticket rates. I also assumed they were going to hold off on AP until the reservation system was not needed anymore, but reportedly they just opened them for sale to UK visitors. Starting to wonder if this reservation system is ever going away.

Miss Bella

I st assumed they didn't want a bunch of people buying annual passes and then finding out they can't get in (only 3 future reservations allowed without resort reservation). Plus for now they seem to be hitting capacity with people paying for regular ticket rates. I also assumed they were going to hold off on AP until the reservation system was not needed anymore, but reportedly they just opened them for sale to UK visitors.ju Starting to wonder if this reservation system is ever going away.
I could be wrong, but I thought they announced it was here through the end of 2022.

Touchdown

I just assumed they didn't want a bunch of people buying annual passes and then finding out they can't get in (only 3 future reservations allowed without resort reservation). Plus for now they seem to be hitting capacity with people paying for regular ticket rates. I also assumed they were going to hold off on AP until the reservation system was not needed anymore, but reportedly they just opened them for sale to UK visitors. Starting to wonder if this reservation system is ever going away.
If you google British Disney pass you will find a link to a fan site who has access to the page and apparently Platinum Pass is back. Interestingly enough, they do not mention Max pass but does mention 20% dining discounts. If that’s true then TiW is truely dead because most people bought it to get the 20% discount.

havoc315

If you google British Disney pass you will find a link to a fan site who has access to the page and apparently Platinum Pass is back. Interestingly enough, they do not mention Max pass but does mention 20% dining discounts. If that’s true then TiW is truely dead because most people bought it to get the 20% discount.

A British AP won't necessarily be the same as a American AP.
And lots of people might still want a TIW card, that aren't platinum pass buyers.

pdude81

It says "up to" 20% on dining and merch, right? There were some restaurants where they had promotional 20% discounts with AP in prior years, even though most of the ones with a discount had 10%. So if TiW is still a flat 20% including booze at more restaurants, it should do ok. If the base AP discount is 20% though I agree that TiW wouldn't be worthwhile for many AP holders

James J

In the Parks
No
To be clear it’s not the British site it’s the EU site. Also I haven’t personally validated this link is real I pulled it off another site https://www.disneyworld.eu/passes/platinum-annual-pass/purchase/lang/en_us/
It's the UK site too: https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/passes/compare/platinum-annual-pass/

I'm fairly sure that the Platinum Pass is the same no matter what country it's purchased in, but as has been mentioned you can't actually check out yet. These are the options showing:
1615822173453.png

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member

M:SpilotISTC12

I knew this day was coming soon. I figured they would try to sneak it in before the summer rush. At this point the price for a room and park tickets, it may be cheaper for a cruise on DCL. All the extra add ons that were once "free", the price is no longer appealing to me and my family. Shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom