Rumor Version of MaxPass coming to WDW in May?

mikejs78

Premium Member
I do wonder if a MaxPass like system would work at any WDW park outside of MK? The issue is they don't have enough attractions. Even MK pales in attractions compared to DL, and it has more people. FP+ might be the best possible option given the current makeup of the WDW Parks and the high crowds in those parks.

What they really need to do is add a ton of attractions....

The Pho

I do wonder if a MaxPass like system would work at any WDW park outside of MK? The issue is they don't have enough attractions. Even MK pales in attractions compared to DL, and it has more people. FP+ might be the best possible option given the current makeup of the WDW Parks and the high crowds in those parks.

What they really need to do is add a ton of attractions....

Well the old fastpass system worked just fine at all 4 parks... MaxPass is nothing more than booking them on an app, which World already does.

The Pho

I think that's a bit of nostalgia goggles. It was hard to get FPs for anything outside of MK after 10 AM before FPP... Also attendance has increased substantially since then.
Yes attendance has increased but the supply wouldn't change at all from what it currently is by dropping prebooking. And it’s not exactly hard to get day of passes right now in any of the parks, other than for Flight of Passage and Slinky.

Hotamber

They offer less early and late extra magic hours for wdw resort guests because of early morning magic and after hours which cost $90 to $140. No one seems to get upset about that price hike/paying for what was included for years. I think this is coming as they have to pay off that Fox debt. They have been doing the $70 one day photopass for a few years. Most guests would probably pay $100 or more for photos and extra Fastpass.

I think they should limit everyone to one Fastpass in advance but WDW value resorts get 1 extra, moderate get 2 extra, and deluxe get 3 extra with the tiers. The renovated rooms at Pop are nicer then most at WDW. Personally I don't think deluxe resorts offer enough for the cost and more incentive is needed.

wombat

Maxpass as in Disneyland. I paid for maxpass but u Can’t use it until u enter the park that day. It saves u from having to find the walk up FP kiosks in the park by being able to use the app. Since it’s our first trip to Disneyland we figured it was worth the money by saving us valuable time.
You, You, You.

ImperfectPixie

They offer less early and late extra magic hours for wdw resort guests because of early morning magic and after hours which cost $90 to $140. No one seems to get upset about that price hike/paying for what was included for years. I think this is coming as they have to pay off that Fox debt. They have been doing the $70 one day photopass for a few years. Most guests would probably pay $100 or more for photos and extra Fastpass.

I think they should limit everyone to one Fastpass in advance but WDW value resorts get 1 extra, moderate get 2 extra, and deluxe get 3 extra with the tiers. The renovated rooms at Pop are nicer then most at WDW. Personally I don't think deluxe resorts offer enough for the cost and more incentive is needed.
Some have complained about the cuts to hours that were previously included in a day's admission...and been chastised for it.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The reduction in EMH happened before the After Hours hours. They were not further reduced when the After Hours hours were introduced. And, they're not going away. The EMH are advertised for the Disney Springs Resorts going until the end of 2020.

And this all happened before Disney even considered buying Fox.

rle4lunch

Original Poster
I’ll let you know.

Though of course legacy is completely free.

We're transferring back to San Diego in September and going house hunting in August to include a 2 day DL/DCA visit. Definently doing the MaxPass whilst there. People report getting on average 8-10 FP/ day. That's worth it in my book.

BigThunderMatt

Well the old fastpass system worked just fine at all 4 parks... MaxPass is nothing more than booking them on an app, which World already does.

Except it didn't because WDW didn't enforce return time windows. It was an unspoken (but heavily perpetuated on the internet) rule that as long as the top time on the ticket had passed that the attraction would honor it. This became a real problem for FastPass attractions near parade or show dumps who would have their FastPass lines be inundated with people with hours-old FastPasses to the point where the FastPass line was 3x the length of the now 2 hour standby line.

Now that Disney enforces return times, there's more consistent flow (and yes longer overall standby times).

doctornick

Just to be clear: the reason the old paper FP system "worked better" for knowledgeable folks was because it was highly underutilized by less experienced guests. Many infrequent or one time guests either thought it was a paid system or just were oblivious to it and never used it. Or know about it but didn't understand how to efficiently work the system and maybe got one or two FP a day.

Now Disney advertises the heck of out FP+ and encourages it as part of booking so more people use the system. So more FPs are booked. Leaving fewer available for those who understand how to maximize the system. Admittedly because the new system is pre-booking, it allows for the less aware guests to have more opportunity to actual use it rather than slowly perhaps learn about it during a trip.

If paper FP was as widely used by as many guests, it wouldn't have been as "good" a system for superusers.

NoChesterHester

Just to be clear: the reason the old paper FP system "worked better" for knowledgeable folks was because it was highly underutilized by less experienced guests. Many infrequent or one time guests either thought it was a paid system or just were oblivious to it and never used it. Or know about it but didn't understand how to efficiently work the system and maybe got one or two FP a day.

Now Disney advertises the heck of out FP+ and encourages it as part of booking so more people use the system. So more FPs are booked. Leaving fewer available for those who understand how to maximize the system. Admittedly because the new system is pre-booking, it allows for the less aware guests to have more opportunity to actual use it rather than slowly perhaps learn about it during a trip.

If paper FP was as widely used by as many guests, it wouldn't have been as "good" a system for superusers.

Also, how much has attendance increased during that same period?

MickeyMinnieMom

We're transferring back to San Diego in September and going house hunting in August to include a 2 day DL/DCA visit. Definently doing the MaxPass whilst there. People report getting on average 8-10 FP/ day. That's worth it in my book.
Seems hard to believe that 8-10 is a real average. We got 9 per day a couple of days recently but attendance was VERY light. And the prime attractions were gone or have very late return times later in the day.

MickeyMinnieMom

Yes!!

Touchdown

Seems hard to believe that 8-10 is a real average. We got 9 per day a couple of days recently but attendance was VERY light. And the prime attractions were gone or have very late return times later in the day.

If you rope drop it’s fairly easy, provided you start at opening. It is extremely easy to get “instant fastpasses” during the first 2-3 hours of the day.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
some feel like the old FP system worked better as well because the crowds were not as large as they are today. I never even used a paper FP back in the day because you didn't have to when you got to the park when it opened... you could get most done before lunch with the crowds then... but not today. You almost have to have FPs to do certain rides

rle4lunch

Original Poster
If you rope drop it’s fairly easy, provided you start at opening. It is extremely easy to get “instant fastpasses” during the first 2-3 hours of the day.

This is what we're hearing as well. And since we're staying at PP while there, we'll get in there early to be ready to book them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom