Value Resort Input

Gagesmom314

We are going the last week of May. We are going to stay at a value resort. Which one would you suggest and why? We will have two rooms for 3 adults and a 6 year old and 8 month old. Thank you in advance for all your help!

frank4369

I've stayed at Movies, Music and Pop, and they are all very nice. I prefer Movies because I find it more of a Disney theme with the large movie characters, as opposed to random items. Having the gigantic Dalmatian or Woody greet you as you walk by lends more to the Disney experience for me instead of a Rubik's Cube or musical instrument.

Which ever you choose won't disappoint you though. They all have their own endearing qualities.

Upvote 0

MacRtst

IMHO
I've stayed at All Star Movies and POP, I prefer POP by far.

1.Only has 1 stop for the bus. At the All stars you always had to stop at the other resorts either coming or going. At the end of the night you just want to get back to your room, one resort is great.
2. Pop just seems to have a better location on property.
3. I liked the themeing better.

Just a few things to consider.

Upvote 0
We have stayed at both the movies and sports. We like them both. We tend to try to get rooms at sports first because it is usually 1st in line for the busses and you can get a seat at the report and you are first one off from the park to the resort. The food is good(adequate) at both. We like the menus better now that they have revamped to a "healthier" menu. The food isn't the "best food ever". but to me it beats fast food any day.

Hope you have a great trip.

Upvote 0

lpet11984

I haven't stayed at the other values, but POP is fantastic. Theming is great, tie-dyed cheesecake and frozen cokes are amazing, and the busses are pretty consistant. Thoroughly enjoyed staying there last August-- got some great night shots around the resort as well with all the decade symbols lit up. Groovy. :)

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Going with a 6yr old, I don't see how you can't go with Movies. The theme is just SOOOO Disney! Pref. rooms will get you into Toy Story, Dalmation or Fantasia...all great locations...my girls like TS and Dal.best.
We have stayed at all the values and Pop. The buses do share occasionally but if you get up and go early the usually have their own buses and at park closing as well.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

I've stayed at Movies, Music and Pop, and they are all very nice. I prefer Movies because I find it more of a Disney theme with the large movie characters, as opposed to random items. Having the gigantic Dalmatian or Woody greet you as you walk by lends more to the Disney experience for me instead of a Rubik's Cube or musical instrument.

Which ever you choose won't disappoint you though. They all have their own endearing qualities.

Agreed! We have stayed at Movies and Pop and like Movies for this same reason! Have fun!

Upvote 0

autigger

We stayed at All-Star Movies in September and were in the Mighty Ducks section and were very pleased.

When planning, that was probably our least preferred location (based on my children's preference of movie theme), but it could not have worked out better. First, it was a bit quieter (which helped with naps). Second, we had our own pool, but still visited the Fantasia pool also. Third, we were just as close (if not closer) to the All-Star Music bus stop which gave us another bus stop option. Finally, the walk to the main building was not bad at all.

All and all, we very much liked All-Star Movies. It was just the right size for us.

Upvote 0

Craig & Lisa

We also have stayed at all of the value resorts and have found PoP to be our choice by far. Reason 1, buses, theme, alot newer, cleaner, location...... that seems to be an alful lot for one reason doesn't it? But you get the picture, you won't be dissappointed with whatever choice you make, being on property cannot be beat!! So many more small perks come with it too. 30 days and counting till our 15th visit to WDW. CAN'T WAIT, CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

Pop is fantastic, but I think people amke too much of the bus system thing. I have stayed at Music and Movies, and neither was a significant improvment. Stay at a theme your kids would enjoy, or a pool theme you think they would love. You'll end up waiting for busses anyway. But to me, the bus wait at DIsney is still a time to be on vacation with family, so I never really minded it very much. I also like to meet people waiting with me, which has the added benefit to thoroughly embarassing by fiancee!

Upvote 0

phichi17

We stayed at POP and loved it! The food court there has/had a fantastic selection. There are big characters at POP too, so it really comes down to preference for you.

Have fun!:animwink:

Upvote 0

sbkline

I've never stayed at any of the Value Resorts, so I have no personal testimony of which one is best. But if we ever DO stay in one, it will either be POP Century or Movies. Because those two themes appeal to me much more than the music theme or the sports theme. More likely POP Century. But my wife thinks they all look incredibly tacky, and I'm inclined to agree. :lol: On the other hand, it's Disney World and we wouldn't be going down there just to spend a whole week in a hotel, so, speaking for myself, I could live with the "tackiness" and still enjoy being at WDW.

Upvote 0

H20Babie

I've stayed at both Movies and Pop. While I preferred Pop (buses, food, lake walks around the lake), my DS(5) prefered Movies (theming). I found that a lot of the icons at Pop went over my son's head. So, for us, it's a toss up. Either way, you and your family will love them!

That being said, with three adults and two children, have you considered the new family suites? ASMusic has these 520 square foot suites that sleep up to 6. and include two full baths, kitchenette with microwave, fridge, and sink. The main bedroom has a queen bed and the second room has a double sleeper sofa, convertible twin chair sleeper and convertible twin ottoman. It may be something for your family to consider instead of two rooms.

Upvote 0

Gagesmom314

Original Poster
I've stayed at both Movies and Pop. While I preferred Pop (buses, food, lake walks around the lake), my DS(5) prefered Movies (theming). I found that a lot of the icons at Pop went over my son's head. So, for us, it's a toss up. Either way, you and your family will love them!

That being said, with three adults and two children, have you considered the new family suites? ASMusic has these 520 square foot suites that sleep up to 6. and include two full baths, kitchenette with microwave, fridge, and sink. The main bedroom has a queen bed and the second room has a double sleeper sofa, convertible twin chair sleeper and convertible twin ottoman. It may be something for your family to consider instead of two rooms.

We looked into the family suites but my mom decided instead to pay for her own room. My husband snores VERY loud and she didn't want any chance of having to deal with him.

Upvote 0

SteveUK

I have stayed at Movies and Sports, and am booked into Music in May. I enjoy the All-Stars and think you would enjoy any of the value resorts; although I admit I cannot comment on Pop.

I'm not sure if you will find this, but when I was looking into booking my upcoming May trip a few weeks ago, I found All-Stars Music to be quite a bit cheaper than any of the other values. I couldn't work out why, but it made a difference of around $700 for the 3 of us travelling.

Maybe some of the resident experts may have an explanation?

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom