Vaccinated Out Of State Visitors Now Allowed in CA Theme Parks

josh2000

So Universal Studios Hollywood has now updated their guidelines to allow fully vaccinated out-of-state guests to visit. They got to buy their tickets at the gate and provide proof of vaccination. Are people here still thinking that Disney won't follow suit?

el_super

So Universal Studios Hollywood has now updated their guidelines to allow fully vaccinated out-of-state guests to visit. They got to buy their tickets at the gate and provide proof of vaccination. Are people here still thinking that Disney won't follow suit?

Eventually? Yeah sure. But what good would it do if the parks are basically booked out for the current period? Allow out of state visitors, but force them to go to DCA only?

I think they will give it a couple weeks, let the cast settle in and iron out any opening bugs, then make a determination when the next block of reservations for July go up. Even then it might still be too awkward to turn unvaccinated children away.

cmwade77

I'm sure other parks will follow suit now that there are at least two and once more parks do, Disney will as well. No way are they going to miss out on that when they aren't even selling out most days.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Just act cool. Don't wear shorts with those white Oregon legs. Pretend you just stopped by after Costco. Call the freeway The 5.

They'll let you in.
57mfv2.jpg

tanc

I'm so confused, I thought no one from out of state can visit Disneyland? I'm fully vaccinated so it would be cool if I actually could go.

EPCOT-O.G.

I'm so confused, I thought no one from out of state can visit Disneyland? I'm fully vaccinated so it would be cool if I actually could go.
These things are subject to change and evolve, but here is the latest:
When DL first announced it was reopening, it said it was doing so only for in-state California residents (as per state guidance at that time).
After the announcement, but before the opening, CA amended its guidance to allow for out of state visitors so long as they have been vaccinated.
Sea World and Universal have changed their plans accordingly. To date, Disney has not.

TP2000

I don't watch SNL any more, except for a rare good skit sent my way via YouTube. But I really miss stuff like The Californians.

I'd been watching SNL since it debuted in '75, and it comes and goes every 3 to 6 years as far as relevance and sharpness. I can think of several exceptionally good eras; '76'-79 with the original cast and Mr. Bill, '83ish with Eddie Murphy, '88ish with Jan Hooks and Nora Dunn (my God, the Sweeney Sisters used to make me laugh so hard I'd almost pee!), '97-'00 with Will Ferrell, Molly Shannon and Cheri Oteri, the early to mid 10's with Kristen Wiig and Fred Armisen, and a few skits in the mid to late 10's with Aidy Bryant or Kate McKinnon. It's lost a lot of relevance and sharpness the past couple years, so I tuned it out since about '18. But that generation with Kristin Wiig and others when they did The Californians was the last really good era for SNL.

I only hope they can drop some of the unfunny partisan politics they've had lately so they can make it to their 50th anniversary in '25. NYC and it's "artists" in the 2020's are miserably political and wrapped in a PC straightjacket. Get woke, go broke, as the kids say. SNL needs to stop being so woke and not go broke, or it won't make it to it's 50th anniversary. America would be an unfunnier place without SNL.

Last edited:

truecoat

I don't watch SNL any more, except for a rare good skit sent my way via YouTube. But I really miss stuff like The Californians.

I'd been watching SNL since it debuted in '75, and it comes and goes every 3 to 6 years as far as relevance and sharpness. I can think of several exceptionally good eras; '76'-79 with the original cast and Mr. Bill, '83ish with Eddie Murphy, '88ish with Jan Hooks and Nora Dunn (my God, the Sweeney Sisters used to make me laugh so hard I'd almost pee!), '97-'00 with Will Ferrell, Molly Shannon and Cheri Oteri, the early to mid 10's with Kristen Wiig and Fred Armisen, and a few skits in the mid to late 10's with Aidy Bryant or Kate McKinnon. It's lost a lot of relevance and sharpness the past couple years, so I tuned it out since about '18. But that generation with Kristin Wiig and others when they did The Californians was the last really good era for SNL.

I only hope they can drop some of the unfunny partisan politics they've had lately so they can make it to their 50th anniversary in '25. NYC and it's "artists" in the 2020's are miserably political and wrapped in a PC straightjacket. Get woke, go broke, as the kids say. SNL needs to stop being so woke and not go broke, or it won't make it to it's 50th anniversary. America would be an unfunnier place without SNL.

Yep, I started watching in '77. I didn't watch as much the last 10 years but I'm catching up and Meet Your Second Wife is one of the funniest sketches ever.

britain

1620260338304.jpeg

“I miss Piscipo.”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom