Vaccinated Out Of State Visitors Now Allowed in CA Theme Parks

EPCOTCenterLover

Or wear a frickin' mask, which many have refused to do since the very beginning. But I won't get into the selfishness and lack of care for others that's been exhibited here the past 14 months. So many lives could have been saved, and so many could be saved going forward if people get vaccinated, and realize that a functional society does not operate in a vacuum.
Perhaps those who think differently on this subject get their information from different news sources both in the science world and elsewhere. To come to this conclusion about their character or motives amounts to resorting to stereotypes. And no one appreciates that- White, Black, Asian, Hispanic, Democrat, Republican, rich, poor, straight, gay or otherwise. I’d like to think we are all better than that here and a bit tolerant and accepting of a variety of worldviews and opinions.

lumberguy5

At this point I think Disney is waiting on their lawyers to get the OK and make the announcement

Disney's lawyers and PR are looking at this in two points.
-Taking medical information from guests (are you crazy)
-Using vaccine passports (are you crazy)

Disneyland is down to only 3 days having 1 parks for sale in May. They arent hurting for numbers there, only DCA needs an attendance surge.

SoCalDisneyLover

I thought this would be appropriate for the discussion:

Burning Man festival organizers have said that they are considering requiring attendees to prove they have been vaccinated for COVID-19 if the organizers move forward with plans to hold this year’s counter-culture festival in the Nevada desert.

The organizers backed off an earlier statement indicating that they had already decided to make the shots mandatory. They say they won’t decide for sure until the end of the month whether the event that was canceled last year because of the pandemic will take place this summer.

Burning Man CEO Marian Goodell said in a video message posted on the group’s web site on April 8 that “vaccines will be required to come to Burning Man.” She erroneously said at that time that the state of Nevada requires that people have proof of being vaccinated at large gatherings.

She acknowledged last weekend in an updated statement on the group's web site that she “misspoke.”

cmwade77

Disney's lawyers and PR are looking at this in two points.
-Taking medical information from guests (are you crazy)
-Using vaccine passports (are you crazy)

Disneyland is down to only 3 days having 1 parks for sale in May. They arent hurting for numbers there, only DCA needs an attendance surge.
But if you have a park Hopper you can start at DCA almost every day and hop over to Disneyland after 1.

SoCalDisneyLover

News today about Dodger Stadium:

Are you a baseball fan who's been fully vaccinated against COVID-19? If so, a special section of seats will be available to you on Saturday at Dodger Stadium as the Boys in Blue take on the Padres.

Sections 166LG and 168LG in the loge level will be reserved for patrons for whom "at least two weeks have passed since they received their final vaccine dose," as well as children between the ages of 2 and 15 who can provide proof of having tested negative for the virus within 72 hours of admission, the team said in a statement.

Children under the age of 2 will not need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.

Social distancing will not be required in the fully vaccinated-only section, according to the news release. People in those sections will be seated directly next to others.

Face coverings must be worn in sections 166LG and 168LG, except while actively eating or drinking in the ticketed seat, the team said.

Those with tickets for the fully vaccinated fan section must provide proof of eligibility at Dodger Stadium or they will be denied entry into the venue.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No
Yes you can and suddenly it all makes sense:

California’s coronavirus case rate is now the lowest in the continental U.S., an achievement that reflects months of hard-won progress against the pandemic in the aftermath of the state’s devastating fall-and-winter surge.​
The state’s latest seven-day rate of new cases — 40.3 per 100,000 people — is dramatically lower than the nationwide rate of 135.3 and edged only by Hawaii, 39.1, over that same time period, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.​
My lack of response wasn't because I felt like you "owned" me with this or anything. I'd still feel safer in a state that has more fully vaccinated people than one that has the lowest rate of new cases because there's less chance of a resurgence if more people are vaccinated.

SoCalDisneyLover

Hasn't been an issue at WDW yet, I am guessing it won't be here either.
WDW is a lot more spread out. Anaheim's parks are less than a 2 minute walk apart.

We'll see what happens, but IMO, they'll be lining people up at the gates, waiting for enough people to leave before allowing more in.

There is no way you can convince me that if say 25% of the people in CA Adventure decide they want to hop to DL at 1:00, and DL is as full as they were at opening, they're just going to let all of those people in, making the park more crowded.

ToTBellHop

WDW is a lot more spread out. Anaheim's parks are less than a 2 minute walk apart.

We'll see what happens, but IMO, they'll be lining people up at the gates, waiting for enough people to leave before allowing more in.

There is no way you can convince me that if say 25% of the people in CA Adventure decide they want to hop to DL at 1:00, and DL is as full as they were at opening, they're just going to let all of those people in, making the park more crowded.
They are not booking anywhere near 25% capacity tickets. There’s room to spare. And come 6/15, there will be no limit beyond the one Disney sets, and they could always let more people in at their discretion.

If they were worried, they wouldn’t sell PHs. Like WDW didn’t for its first 6 months.

chadwpalm

In the Parks
No

We don't really know how many reservations they are allowing right now or if that amount is even pushing the 25% (or 35% if Orange county goes yellow) limit.

Disney is asking for a starting park for park hoppers, but they could have combined those amounts with the single-day tickets and created one calendar showing reservation availability. They didn't. They created two calendars, one for single-day and one for park hoppers. Right now May 10th single-ticket holders can't reserve Disneyland, but park hoppers can. And vice versa, park hoppers can't reserve Disneyland for May 2nd, but single-ticket holders can (as of me writing this, all subject to change by the minute). This leads me to believe that they did this to create a buffer to allow there to be room for park hoppers to park hop without worrying about the parks being too full.

While their fine print always covers their butts by saying nothing is guaranteed, I think they did their best to accommodate park hoppers and they shouldn't worry too much about being denied access to the other park (which of course remains to be seen). They probably limited single-day tickets to only fill 50-75% of the capacities, whatever they may be. The last thing they want are people with tickets standing outside the gates waiting to get in mid-day, especially after needed to make a reservation to be there in the first place.

To make it more visual:

dlr.jpg

The red area is single-park ticket allocation and the green are park-hopper ticket allocation with a little buffer to spare, and while the single-day people are locked into the park, the park-hoppers can go back and forth, and as long as it isn't too off-balance (like every single park hopper in DCA suddenly going to DL) there shouldn't be any problems hence the extra buffer. This is all speculation but would make sense as to why there are reservations open for one ticket type, but not the other.

TP2000

Wait, I'm just catching this... Are you under the impression that a group of masked people wandering around outdoors can spread Covid? Seriously?

There's a thing called Science & Data. It's your friend. I'll cut to the chase here, the entire argument can be summed up by this simple sentence from the New York Times...

"Science shows that the risk of viral transmission outside is very low."

Epcotbob

Yeah, I think this will still stop most from trying to gain the system knowing if they are denied entry after paying and taking time out for it, most won't risk it. And if you really want to go, just get freaking vaccinated first, done.
....or just skip DL and rebook that trip to WDW instead, problem solved!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom