Vacation Planning Video DVD

tommy112973

Original Poster
I have an idea or a suggestion, why doesnt Disney put the Vacation Planning Video on DVD??? Wouldnt it make more sense to do that. Tapes are big and bulky and the DVD can be sent in a
CD ROM holder (like aol/msn CD ROMS come in). Its also cheaper to make DVD's versus tapes....It just makes sense...and I wish it were an option. Any one else feel the same????

Tommy

countdown to disney world 2003!

WDWspider

Originally posted by tommy112973
I have an idea or a suggestion, why doesnt Disney put the Vacation Planning Video on DVD??? Wouldnt it make more sense to do that. Tapes are big and bulky and the DVD can be sent in a
CD ROM holder (like aol/msn CD ROMS come in). Its also cheaper to make DVD's versus tapes....It just makes sense...and I wish it were an option. Any one else feel the same????

Tommy

Maybe soon, if not already. I think a thread not too long ago showed a European Disney DVD vacation planner. I hope we have that option soon too.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
They have started if you live in the UK you can get one from the Disney UK site:) Having said that Im still waiting, and none of the movies that can be downloaded work, well not on my machine anyway.

pepsistar

:lookaroun Well, that would be good IF there was still as choice---- As Santa did not bring me a DVD sooooooo I would still need the vhs one :) Oh my, maybe for my birthday hummmmmmm

Maybe I could play it on the computer???? Have a newish one so maybe?? Did not thinkof that--- Could try it but do not have any maybe I will check out the sales---

PaisleyMF

It could be a DVD 3 (that is a 3 inches dvd, just like Game Cube's DVD) it coould be a Video CD, wish may run on any DVD or computer around, it could be a DVD / DVDRom with interaction further into with a computer hooked on it, there still so many possibilities to be send, even on VHS, DV, Mini DV or Video 8... The posibilities are just there, just some imagination and there you go. And To Theme the DVD navigational how about to do so like in the Web site, a virtual Ride and Tour... with 3D Models and stuff....

wild01ride

I think that they've stuck with VHS only due to the fact that DVD's still aren't accepted as a standard for every household. I think that within the next couple of years we'll see more and more promotional media in DVD format, but for the time being, it is probably simpler/cheaper for them to provide just one format.

WDWspider

Originally posted by wild01ride
I think that they've stuck with VHS only due to the fact that DVD's still aren't accepted as a standard for every household. I think that within the next couple of years we'll see more and more promotional media in DVD format, but for the time being, it is probably simpler/cheaper for them to provide just one format.

Nah, DVD is very widespread now, I'm sure a choice is coming very soon.

Imagineer Jer

Tommy

Hey!
I was thinkin the same thing the other day? They really should take that into consideration or maybe they all ready have?

Diznee Mom

We got the VCR tape in the mail...put it in the VCR, and it shuts the power to the VCR right off. Each VCR we tried it in the same thing happened.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Diznee Mom
We got the VCR tape in the mail...put it in the VCR, and it shuts the power to the VCR right off. Each VCR we tried it in the same thing happened.

Oh... wow... weird.

Sorry if I sounded rude, I was kidding before. :animwink:

RogueHabit

Tommy

They have in the UK. We already had a Video but I saw that they now do a DVD so I ordered it. Luckily we have just moved house so we shouldn't have a problem with the 1 per household restriction.

Imagineer Jer

Tommy

Hey!
I even collect those VHS disney planning videos. I think it is cool to look at all the stuff while you are waiting to go there. But they do need to get them on DVD.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Shock Horror Probe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DVD I ordered from the UK web site turned up this morning and

ITS A VIDEO!!!!!!!!!

Thers not even a contact number to complain. Boooo yahhhh hisssss:hammer:

CAPTAIN HOOK

Originally posted by dadisneynutter
Hey, if i live in the US, can I still request the UK DVD and get it sent here to my house in minnesota?? :confused:
It would be a Region 2 DVD, you require Region 1 in the US of A - so even if they would send it you couldn't play it unless you adapt your player.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom