Vacation Planning Video DVD

RogueHabit

Originally posted by happy snapper
Shock Horror Probe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The DVD I ordered from the UK web site turned up this morning and

ITS A VIDEO!!!!!!!!!

Thers not even a contact number to complain. Boooo yahhhh hisssss:hammer:
Yep, same thing here. I rand the only number that was on the blurb that came with it and they didn't even know there was a DVD.

I have written a letter to the distribution address on the box to see if I can get them to send me a DVD.

CDS Disney

Originally posted by Diznee Mom
We got the VCR tape in the mail...put it in the VCR, and it shuts the power to the VCR right off. Each VCR we tried it in the same thing happened.
That would happen with our VCR too.The tape must be bad if it wound too tightly than the power shut off so the player wont break.

Superman

My tape works fine... Just a funny little tidbit, My college professor is in the Disney video planning guide... If you have seen it, she is the one talking about how she was standing around the magic kingdom and they grabbed her to be in the parade.. Funny funny stuff :lol: gave me a really good laugh....

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by Catch 22
Yep, same thing here. I rand the only number that was on the blurb that came with it and they didn't even know there was a DVD.

I have written a letter to the distribution address on the box to see if I can get them to send me a DVD.

If you have anyluck ill try the same,In the mean time Ive sent for the one for the place we cant name.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Originally posted by Superman
My tape works fine... Just a funny little tidbit, My college professor is in the Disney video planning guide... If you have seen it, she is the one talking about how she was standing around the magic kingdom and they grabbed her to be in the parade.. Funny funny stuff :lol: gave me a really good laugh....

Omgosh i know what part you're talking about!!! That's like the only specific part I remember

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
Did anyone know that they actually did offer a DVD in the United States, but discontinued the option for some reason that I can't remember right now.

RogueHabit

Originally posted by happy snapper
If you have anyluck ill try the same,In the mean time Ive sent for the one for the place we cant name.
IT WORKED.IT WORKED!!!

I sent a polite letter to:

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 716
High Wycombe
Bucks
HP11 1XT

Basically saying that I'd ordered a DVD and a Video had arrived. I did lay it on thick a bit, saying that we needed the DVD to plan this years trip and we didn't have a VCR.

Low and behold, a week later a DVD arrived. :sohappy:

SewIn2Disney

If you go here:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wa...quest/videorequestindex?id=VideoRequestSurvey

and scroll down past all of the questions...the last one is "would you prefer a video or DVD?"

I ordered one of each just to be on the safe side (one is to be sent to my house and the other to my dorm)

A few years back they offered it on CD-ROM and I still have that version. If I remember correctly, there is a menu and you click on the park you wish to see and it plays that section of the video.

Does anyone know if there are videos out for the other theme parks (beside WDW and Disneyland?) If there are, could you please tell me where I can find them? Thanks

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Catch 22
IT WORKED.IT WORKED!!!

I sent a polite letter to:

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 716
High Wycombe
Bucks
HP11 1XT

Basically saying that I'd ordered a DVD and a Video had arrived. I did lay it on thick a bit, saying that we needed the DVD to plan this years trip and we didn't have a VCR.

Low and behold, a week later a DVD arrived. :sohappy:

So the DVD does in fact exsit and is out there. We sent for one a few weeks ago, hope it comes soon (we already have the video.)

stingrock23

Originally posted by SewIn2Disney
If you go here:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wa...quest/videorequestindex?id=VideoRequestSurvey

and scroll down past all of the questions...the last one is "would you prefer a video or DVD?"

I ordered one of each just to be on the safe side (one is to be sent to my house and the other to my dorm)

A few years back they offered it on CD-ROM and I still have that version. If I remember correctly, there is a menu and you click on the park you wish to see and it plays that section of the video.

Does anyone know if there are videos out for the other theme parks (beside WDW and Disneyland?) If there are, could you please tell me where I can find them? Thanks

I have a video for Islands of Adventure, but i dont' know of any other videos/dvd's produced by the main companies. The IOA video is one you can pick up either at the park or the online store.

Maerj

I GOT THE DVD!

I JUST checked my mailbox and found that Disney sent me the WDW trip planning DVD! That's right, it is in fact real! I ordered it off the website when the rest of you did, so you should be getting your copy real soon. I'm so happy!

:D :D I will watch it over and over again!

Maerj

First of all, it is nice to see this with a good picture! The video quality on the tapes was crappy, the DVD looks great!

The video is pretty much the same as the 100 Years of Magic video, yes with that annoying guy.

When you put the disc in, it goes to a nice but simple menu featuring the Cinderella Castle in the background and three choices: PLAY, CHAPTERS and SPECIAL FEATURES.

When you hit PLAY, it goes into a 30 minute video on each one of the parks and shows highlights from all the major rides and attractions. Then it shows Downtown Disney, followed by the segment on the Disney Resorts. It ends with the Disney Cruise Line. It is very much the same as the other videos and the CD-Rom, but its nice being able to watch it on my big tv.

The CHAPTERS menu allows you to select by photo what part of the video you want to see.

Under SPECIAL FEATURES you get another menu:

Our Newest Resort
Interactive Map Attraction Previews
Resort Gallery Main Menu

OUR NEWEST RESORT is about the Animal Kingdom lodge. This is a new video.

INTERACTIVE MAP is a map of the whole Disney area and you can select the one you want to know more about. Cool!

ATTRACTION PREVIEWS has commercials for the following rides:

Tha Haunted mansion
Pirates of the Carribean
Kilimanjaro Safaris
DINOSAUR
Test Track
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

RESORT GALLERY is a detailed loko at all the resorts, rooms, food courts, decor, etc. they even have floor plans.

I think its funny that the free DVD comes with more extras than some of the 'Gold Collection' DVDs! This is a good disc, I am glad that I got it. I think my fellow Mouseketeers will get many hours of enjoyment out of it! :)

MKCustodial

Thanks a lot for the info!

Stuff like the Interactive Map, the Attraction Previews and specially the Resort Gallery are the kind of things I was hoping Disney would include in a DVD. It's much better for a Guest to make up his mind on which resort to stay if he has a tour through them all, instead of quick glances or pictures on a booklet.

DisneyPhD

Originally posted by Superman

You know I swear I know her from somewhere before. Where does she teach?

I always think they should interview us, I think we would make the perfect WDW family. I even planned out what we would say. One can dream I guess. You know it is bad when you can quote the people on the planning video.

(BTW, got my DVD today, but I already posted that in another thread.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom