Vacation Planning Video DVD

Ultra Magnus

UK DVD??

I suppose this question goes out to all the UK members of the boards. I've ordered the WDW planning DVD several times now, but have always received the video. My house is rapidly filling up with vids I don't need:hammer: . Anyways, is there something wrong with the British distribution system, or is Disney partial to NOT READING THE APPLICATION?!?!? :lookaroun

I want my DVD, I want my DVD:cry:

Alright, enough crying now.

tweetypez1

I ordered the DVD last week...and it showed up 3 days later! Don't know how that happened.
The DVD is awesome considering the price. I paid 27$ with my DC discount in Novemer for that 100 years of magic souvenier dvd and its not much better.

cbjlshaw

Received my DVD yesterday:sohappy:

The video and sound quality are so much better, even works on surround sound!

ONLY 29 More days till I'm in the MAGIC:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Mr. Toad

Got my DVD last week. On the whole it is really great and now more than ever I can't wait for our trip in June. My wife told me it was a mistake for me to watch it since now it will be even harder to wait the 3 1/2 months until we go.

I do have a few technical issues with the DVD (all being very minor, petty things some due to being into Home Theater).

1. I really wish the video was shot in widescreen but I know that it wouldn't really make sense to do this since most people do not have widescreen TVs (but hey I'm being petty here :)).

2. It seems that in the videos of the parks they oversaturated the colors, particularly the blues. I noticed this particularly with the top of the spires on Cinderella's Castle. The main menu does not seem to have this but the video in the parks do. This did have the nice effect of making everything look bright and shiny. I wish the parks looked as good as they do in the videos (not that they look bad in real life).

3. I was hoping for something on Mission:Space but was not surprised by the lack of it.

4. I wish there was a little more info on the resorts.

5. I wish the interactive map allowed you to zoom into the parks and see the breakdown of the lands with at least text information on the different rides (like the guidebooks you get in the parks). I know this is asking a lot from a free video but it would be nice.

On the plus side, I really liked the Attraction Previews, especially the HM and POTC ones. Nicely done but in the HM one there were scenes that I do not recall seeing on the ride. Anyone know if they included scenes from one of the other Haunted Mansions?

Even with the issues above this is definately a welcomed addition to my DVD collection (especially at the price of $0.00).

Does anyone know how often they update these videos?

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Yay! I just got my DVD and I am off to go watch it now! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Anybody else in IL get theres today?

also...mine had the code "DPRI" on the label... if that means anything.... :)

DisneyCP2000

Originally posted by DMC-12
Yay! I just got my DVD and I am off to go watch it now! :sohappy: :sohappy:

Anybody else in IL get theres today?

also...mine had the code "DPRI" on the label... if that means anything.... :)

Lucky!! I hope I get mine soon. :(

Edit: Just got it in the mail!!! :lol:

Nineinchnailsmk

well, im in IL and my parents received theirs a couple weeks ago, and i was visiting when it arrived (i live like 20 mins away), and YOINK! its mine now..mmmhhhwwwaaaahhahahahahaaaa

so anyway, i love the DVD. I have two versions that showed up at the rents: the "40 and +" age group and the family video. Im just waiting on the video for us "kids" (23 tomorrow).

hehehe

anyway, i agree about the small technical things, i too have the home theatre and would love to see it in HD-Widescreen.

What are the odds of them releasing more DVDs to buy similar to the 100 years of Magic DVD? If i remember correctly, they used to release VHS' about the parks. didnt they?!

jaimjaim25

I think they are on DVD.. i went to disneyworld.com and suggested a copy of the planning 'video' and there was a choice of either VHS or DVD.

RogueHabit

Re: UK DVD??

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
I suppose this question goes out to all the UK members of the boards. I've ordered the WDW planning DVD several times now, but have always received the video. My house is rapidly filling up with vids I don't need:hammer: . Anyways, is there something wrong with the British distribution system, or is Disney partial to NOT READING THE APPLICATION?!?!? :lookaroun

I want my DVD, I want my DVD:cry:

Alright, enough crying now.
I had the same problem, so I wrote a letter to the address on the box with a mild coomplaint and a DVD was sent out within a week.

The details of where I sent it to are on about pg2 of this very thread I think.

Slinky Dog

UK DVD

Ultra Magnus, I ordered my DVD form the website a couple of weeks ago, but haven't received anything yet - will let you know if I get the video or DVD

I would think there probably is something wrong with the British distribution system, what with it being British and all :brick: :)

MMFan

I don't have my uk dvd yet either. Was wondering if it was a BAD idea to answer 'yes' to 'have you already booked?' question.

If I don't receive it soon, I will e-mail them.

MMFan :hammer:

Nineinchnailsmk

i tried writing them an email, but they said: "sorry, theres really no way we can get one out to you in two weeks, we hope you receive youre DVD before you leave for your trip"

I told them that i was leaving in two weeks, and oredered the DVD 6 weeks ago, in hopes that it would come in time for leaving, and they seemed like they wouldnt help?

anyway....

Ultra Magnus

Re: Re: UK DVD??

Originally posted by Catch 22
I had the same problem, so I wrote a letter to the address on the box with a mild coomplaint and a DVD was sent out within a week.

The details of where I sent it to are on about pg2 of this very thread I think.

It's rapidly coming to that stage, methinks :p Although not very pleased that you got a DVD only when pushed. :brick:

Originally posted by Slinky Dog
I would think there probably is something wrong with the British distribution system, what with it being British and all :brick: ;)

Or maybe they've run out of stock.:cry: Would explain why there's hardly any adverts on TV for it now.

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
Maybe this was said before... but DVDs in Europe run on a different system than the USA. ;)

We know:) I remember someone earlier in the thread mentioned that we got the DVD option way before the States, much to the jealousy of our American board members:D That didn't stop them ordering them though (ahh, the joy of region-free DVD players :lol: )

Originally posted by MMFan
If I don't receive it soon, I will e-mail them.

Would love to know who to email too as well. Michael.Eisner@disney.com perhaps?? :drevil:

RogueHabit

Contacting them via phone or email was very difficult. The phone numbers in the booklet are only for booking holidays and they have nothing to do with the video/DVD.

There is no email contact, so you'd probably have to go through the website.

gjpjtj

Ugggggh..........My planning video arrived today. Yes I said VIDEO!! They sent me a tape instaed of a DVD, after ordering from the website......Here we go again!:(

Nineinchnailsmk

okay, so i hate to rub it in, but im finally 3 for 3. i received (as far as i know) all three dvds. The older adult, the family, and the 21-40 yr dvd (the one with the guy....you know what im talking about). Well, im gonna watch the new one, finally came today, so dont worry all, youll receive yours!

DisneyWonders07

When we ordered our Disney Cruise Line vacation planning video, they offered me a DVD choice. I asked for the DVD, but they sent in a VHS. No big deal about that, just that if DCL is offering a DVD then I hope Disney will do so in the future as well. I mean, they are selling the official Walt Disney World 100 Years of Magic DVD down there...:)

MKCustodial

Originally posted by Nineinchnailsmk
okay, so i hate to rub it in, but im finally 3 for 3. i received (as far as i know) all three dvds. The older adult, the family, and the 21-40 yr dvd (the one with the guy....you know what im talking about). Well, im gonna watch the new one, finally came today, so dont worry all, youll receive yours!

Do they have different extras?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom