Uuck!!!! I HATE WAITING!!!

dixiegirl

Original Poster
OK we now have 199 days to go.....For those of us who are waiting that long or maybe not quite so long.....Does'nt it seem like its forever.....I can honestly say that I never get sick of Disney people ask (those who don't get it)....Its like a drug(maybe I had to much sugar today) But nope never ever sick of it!!! There is always something different to do, no matter how many times we've gone....I love it....The look on our girls faces even just walking i from the plane into the Orlando airport is priceless.....Seeing the Magical Express ...Everything .....So what do you guys do to pass the time before your trip gets here???? Granted we have a ways to go but me and the little one have been watching past Disney trips DVD's looked at photo albums and just talking about what we're gonna do when we get to disney!! Yesterday after watching some vacation DVD's I went on Southwest to see what it would cost to go for a long weekend next month...I got some great prices but my hubby pretty much thought I was being crazy ,Yes I am....Yes one can wish!!!! Oh well I know we go often, I just love Disney World!!! I think this cold weather is killing me!!!

WoohOO 199 days to go......

EaglesfanNJ

Dixie, it looks like you and I will be down at the same time!! 200 days even to go for me, nice round number, but seems like an eternity! Me, my wife, and daughter who will be 1 at the time of trip and it's our first child, first trip with her, and we can not wait! You're right, the waiting is unbearable, but we find ways. I just bought Birnbaum's guide, which is nice, but to be honest i have learned waaaaaay much more on this site from the Pro's here (i'm only going for the 3rd time in my life, but quickly became hooked). Check your listings too, Travel Channel has a bunch of Disney related shows on, just Sunday night, WE Channel had Disney Weddings on. I'm in NJ and our cable provider, Comcast, has "on demand" and on there they have a whole section devoted to Disney. Also, count down to your 90 day mark, that will help and it does not seem so unreachable then. Your 90 day mark you can start booking ADR's, we are doing the dining plan, so that will come in handy! So come June, we have a light at the end of the tunnell and can actually book where we're eating! If you have a Disney store near you (we have one at a local mall) visit there, they sell park tickets, guides, etc. in addition to the overall feel of being at a Disney shop. Mess around on Disney's site, especially the "My Vacations" area. Good luck and see ya in Sept!

Tigger103

im exactly the same I keep banging on to my partner about disney i love it but as she has not been before she dosnt know what it is like but i know in Aug she will be converted.

I CANT WAIT !!!!!!!

DisneyMissy

I feel your pain. I have 291 days to go. I don’t want to wish my entire year away but the waiting is just killing me especially since I did not get to go last year - !

Roxas

No I think the waiting is worst when it's only a few weeks away, any longer and you can at least push it to the back of your mind.

23 days left...

lilybee

I so glad that im not the only one that feels this way, 187 day to go and it seems like a life time away. Even my boyfriend keeps on saying that its taking ages and it not going quick enough!!! which is sooo not like him

macsmom

Seven weeks from tomorrow - 49 days - we will be at POP Century! :sohappy: I've been planning this for a couple of years and the time is actually going by pretty quick for me. Now, my son, who majored in Sports Management and is a sports freak, wants to go down for ESPN Weekend. I told him 2011 so now I have a countdown for a new trip when I get back from the current one! That one will be more than 700 days!

danna

dixiegirl

Original Poster
40 days :) The cure for waiting is to get an Annual Pass & go at least twice per year :) I had to - just couldn't stand going over 200 days :)

An annual pass is a must!!! Did I mention that we went in January???? Probably not...I feel guilty...But it was a little cold ...But still Disney...But I would definatly say get the AP ....We go at least 2-3 times a year ...For a family of 4 its worth it!!!

And EaglesfanNj...Cherish that first trip with the little one...So what if people say "oh they won't remember at that age"....Because there are those people that do say that.....I loved those ages... taking our girls now who are now 8 and 5 , who have both been every year since they were 1, my youngest if you count when I was prego with her, Great times, seeing things through their eyes, seeing the characters , the castle , fireworks and such. I enjoy so much going with them, yes you need to pace yourself , although we tend to do that now when we go ..Much more enjoyment that way....Now my youngest is tall enough (she's a peanut) finally and brave enough to go on Splash Mountain , although last year she did TOT and loved it...go figure!! Every age and year new experiences, who would have though that a favorite ride of ours would be TTA or the "relaxing Ride" as our girls call it (which is a great ride by the way for litltle ones and big ones for that matter to take a nap!)

good times!!

Craig & Lisa

The one thing I can say is that no matter how long it is before you go,it takes forever to get here, and when it does it goes by way too fast then it's over.

Susan Savia

We have a very long 330 days til our next visit to the World. We were just there in January and although its still very fresh in our minds, the wanting to go back is hard to overcome. We have annual passes and always go just inside of 1 year to get 2 uses from the passes. We do other things in a year tho, a week at the beach in July and l0 days in Memphis in August. If the urge gets too much, we put in a past Disney trip video. Our trips go back to 1984. Also on the calendar I've marked every Thursday with the days 'left' noted. Funny how fast weeks (time) go by...

dixiegirl

Original Poster
We have a very long 330 days til our next visit to the World. We were just there in January and although its still very fresh in our minds, the wanting to go back is hard to overcome. We have annual passes and always go just inside of 1 year to get 2 uses from the passes. We do other things in a year tho, a week at the beach in July and l0 days in Memphis in August. If the urge gets too much, we put in a past Disney trip video. Our trips go back to 1984. Also on the calendar I've marked every Thursday with the days 'left' noted. Funny how fast weeks (time) go by...

Yeah we also have other things as well this year ...A week in June in Myrtle Beach(we're actually looking forward to the drive this year....(sad but true)..It is a nice relaxed Vacation Down there! And we do a couple of Amusement parks around here....which we end up having a conversation about how disney Would'nt do this or they would'nt do that, My inlaws think both hubby and I are nuts, thats ok the kids are just as brainwashed as us!!

bgraham34

I am not planning another trip in Sept of next year at the earliest. We already went in Jan this year so our normal Sept trip was not happening this year. Man this is a long wait. But you know what is a long wait. Waiting on the Magical Express Bus to your resort, now that feels like an eternity.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I TiVo and watch the Disney Specials on Travel, History Channels...Food Networks, Planning DVD's, Youtube...

I think overall I ask alot of questions here, read alot and just research so when its time Im fully prepared and Im able to enjoy my vacation without worrying about anything but having fun.

I have 197 days to go...:eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom