* utilidors? *

klineski96

Original Poster
Hey everyone,
I have to think the subject of the utilidors have come up in many past threads. (But I did a thread search and a photo album search and didn't really get anything.) So I apologize to those of you who have been on these boards a long time and have to see guys like me come in here and ask questions that have already been discussed. Having said all that...

Does anyone have any
1) pictures of/in the utilidors.
2) pictures of the entrances to the utilidors in the MK, maybe some that guests simply walk past without realizing it.
3) maps of the utilidors
4) cool stories and interesting facts regarding the utilidors.

Thanks in advance everyone!

pintraderpayee

If you take the Keys to the Kingdom Tour you are allowed tour the utilidors, but I'm not sure about pictures.....I'm sure some of the CMs on here can give you more info. on pictures....the tour is in the $60 range and includes lunch....must be 16....lasts about 4-5 hours 1-407-WDW-TOUR.

SirGoofy

Hey everyone,
I have to think the subject of the utilidors have come up in many past threads. (But I did a thread search and a photo album search and didn't really get anything.) So I apologize to those of you who have been on these boards a long time and have to see guys like me come in here and ask questions that have already been discussed. Having said all that...

Does anyone have any
1) pictures of/in the utilidors.
2) pictures of the entrances to the utilidors in the MK, maybe some that guests simply walk past without realizing it.
3) maps of the utilidors
4) cool stories and interesting facts regarding the utilidors.

Thanks in advance everyone!

1) Absolutely, positively NO pictures of the utilidors. In fact there are no pictures allowed backstage at Disney period. If you are ever evac-ed of a ride and happen to snap a pic of a backstage area, your camera will be confiscated.

2)There really aren't any "secret" doors that lead right down into the tunnels. Pretty much there are doors backstage, and then entrances to the tunnels backstage.

3)None that I know of online.

4)In all honesty...they are a lot less spectacular in real life than the stories you hear about them. They're pretty much just hallways under the Magic Kingdom. Sorry to burst your bubble.

klineski96

Original Poster
If you take the Keys to the Kingdom Tour you are allowed tour the utilidors, but I'm not sure about pictures.....I'm sure some of the CMs on here can give you more info. on pictures....the tour is in the $60 range and includes lunch....must be 16....lasts about 4-5 hours 1-407-WDW-TOUR.

My wife bought us a spot on the tour last April for my birthday. It was wonderful! Very imformative and very interesting. The part of the tour spent in the utilidors was my favorite part. The CM leading it said many times to the group not to take ANY pictures.

That's why I started this thread... to see if anyone has any pictures or anything... I'm not exactly sure why but the utilidors have always fascinated me.

CaptainMichael

4)In all honesty...they are a lot less spectacular in real life than the stories you hear about them. They're pretty much just hallways under the Magic Kingdom. Sorry to burst your bubble.

And they smell, especially around Adventureland.:dazzle:

Also, watch out for motorized carts zipping around corners.:eek:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
With all that being said about no pictures of the utilidoors I would like to present to you....

Pictures of the utilidoors!

wdw_corridor-703259.jpg

431762278_128d622dd8.jpg

226024797_17625b5448.jpg

Facts and figures

joanna71985

And they smell, especially around Adventureland.:dazzle:

Also, watch out for motorized carts zipping around corners.:eek:

Oh yeah. Adventureland is horrible with the smell (also, so is Frontierland behind Splash Mountain).

And the carts aren't as bad as they used to be. They changed some of the driving areas.

kcw

1) Absolutely, positively NO pictures of the utilidors. In fact there are no pictures allowed backstage at Disney period. If you are ever evac-ed of a ride and happen to snap a pic of a backstage area, your camera will be confiscated.

They won't confiscate your camera- do you know the heck that would ensue if they did?! My friends and I all went to the park on NYE to see fireworks, and we were routed backstage (during the actual fireworks, not after), so I picked up my camera to take a few pics, just to see what they would say (because while I completely understand that CMs can't take pictures, I don't see how they can tell guests, who are just trying to take pictures of fireworks, that they can't) and all they did was ask me to put my camera away. They'd never confiscate personal property for something simple like that.

2)There really aren't any "secret" doors that lead right down into the tunnels. Pretty much there are doors backstage, and then entrances to the tunnels backstage.

actually there are plenty, all you have to do is open a door and go down the stairs.... and you're in the utilidors. I'm not going to go as far as to list them, but sometimes guests stumble upon them on accident because they don't read signs. I was walking out of one once when a family of three walked by me- I had to do a double take and then guide them back out into the park :lol:

3)None that I know of online.
there's plenty. even youtube videos I think.

eh, I think they're pretty cool. And to guests who have never seen them, the fact that there's a bustling "city" right underneath them is especially intriguing.

So to the OP, a google search is your friend- there's plenty of stuff there!

noflashphoto

They won't take your camera away from you but they will delete pictures off of your camera of it's something of a specific nature. If it's a disposable camera they can take it from you and develop the pictures and send it back to you.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member

Well thank god that all CM's aren't like you.

For the record, you'd better be prepared to have charges filed against you for theft and possibly battery (if you touched me), if you were to confiscate my camera.

SirGoofy

Well thank god that all CM's aren't like you.

For the record, you'd better be prepared to have charges filed against you for theft and possibly battery (if you touched me), if you were to confiscate my camera.

My word. I'm sorry. But if they see you take a picture backstage, they will develop the film in your camera and return the camera(and the pictures of nonbackstage ares) or delete the pictures of backstage areas if it is a digital camera. I was told this countless times in both training for Epcot and MK. It is Disney's private property, and they have the right to protect what the backstage ares look like.:wave:

And I'll ignore the crack about me being a bad CM.

Timon

Then of course there's the even rarer ECPOT utilidor under Innoventions. While not as extensive (or interesting) they do have workshops, break rooms, kitchens etc. It's laid out in a "Horseshoe" shape with the connecting east with west near the Spaceship Earth ends of Innoventions. The entrance is between SSE and Energy. Back in 80's I almost got a van wedged in down there after picking up some electronics from repair. There's very little room to turn around, I always thought my experience was passed on for that scene in first Austin Powers movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_phIEDsEPA

SirGoofy

They won't confiscate your camera- do you know the heck that would ensue if they did?! My friends and I all went to the park on NYE to see fireworks, and we were routed backstage (during the actual fireworks, not after), so I picked up my camera to take a few pics, just to see what they would say (because while I completely understand that CMs can't take pictures, I don't see how they can tell guests, who are just trying to take pictures of fireworks, that they can't) and all they did was ask me to put my camera away. They'd never confiscate personal property for something simple like that.

I've seen it happen. A regular CM can't, but security will. If you are warned and do not comply they will take your camera and develop or delete the pictures of backstage. It's company policy. Again, you will get the camera and all the legal pictures back, but not the backstage ones.

PixieTinkerbell

Then of course there's the even rarer ECPOT utilidor under Innoventions. While not as extensive (or interesting) they do have workshops, break rooms, kitchens etc. It's laid out in a "Horseshoe" shape with the connecting east with west near the Spaceship Earth ends of Innoventions. The entrance is between SSE and Energy. Back in 80's I almost got a van wedged in down there after picking up some electronics from repair. There's very little room to turn around, I always thought my experience was passed on for that scene in first Austin Powers movie. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_phIEDsEPA

It's much creepier down there. You can walk almost the whole thing and never see anyone.

pintraderpayee

They won't take your camera away from you but they will delete pictures off of your camera of it's something of a specific nature. If it's a disposable camera they can take it from you and develop the pictures and send it back to you.
This is their policy at all the parks. My students take a Disney Youth Education Series (Y.E.S.) class every year and when we are backstage ANYWHERE we are not allowed to take pictures. We also could not take pictures on Space Mountain with the lights on.....it was a much scarier ride though because the ceiling is much closer than you think:eek:

Less than 3 months until we are ºoºrlando bound with 30 teens on a school bus for 930 miles of smiles:hammer:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom