Updates to the Seas Pavilion

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Mysterious Island

Yes, but let it be at DAK in the site currently occuppied by a Mr. Chester and Hester.

Just think, Dinosaur could become "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and Dinorama the 20,000 leagues revival. Heck even the Finding Nemo Musical show could be Atlantis or something.

The Seas Pavilion just needs a better Nemo attraction. Or atleast one with a working Angler Fish and a better story.

Last edited:

Incomudro

I think the nemo sea shells it is far better then the sea cabs that preceeded them.

I could agree that it's not Walt Disney World best attraction, but I don't think it's shockingly bad either.

I rather enjoy the East Australian current section and I also enjoy the animated characters in the Aquarium.

I actually prefer this attraction over the current incarnation of journey into your imagination.

I also used to prefer it over the three Caballeros in Mexico. But ever since the added in the actual audio-animatronics of the three Caballeros I find Nemo and the three Caballeros to be on par with each other.

I love this ride.
I enjoyed it year after year with my son Jack.

UNCgolf

I loved the sea cabs. Not because they were anything spectacular on their own, but because they were an integral part of the theming of the pavilion and it all fit together into a cohesive whole with the hydrolators and the underwater sea base aesthetic. Now it's just an aquarium with some random Finding Nemo elements.

wishiwere@wdw

I thought Crush was ok but I honestly liked the nearly identical layout Laff Trak at Hershey better. They could have certainly done worse though IMO

britain

The layout of CC looks better then Primeval Whirl...but that's not saying much...
(Same layout as CC but in the open and lacking the small pre-lift section)
aaaprea

Shoutout to Lagoon’s Spider in Utah!

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I haven't been on Crush's Coaster but this is the first negative reviews of it that I've read. I know it has low capacity but everyone I've spoken with about it loved it.
Low capacity indeed, but I enjoyed the ride very much. Kind of like RnRC, they took a fairly new, but not unusual, type of coaster, put it inside and themed it just enough to be a lot of fun.

Timothy_Q

I feel like if another Crush's coaster would be built it would not be a clone, but instead the general premise.

I think a Crush's coaster similar to Time Traveler in Silver Dollar City would be spectacular.
Same way they fixed all the issues and shortcomings of Ratatouille for the EPCOT version?

SplashJacket

Same way they fixed all the issues and shortcomings of Ratatouille for the EPCOT version?

Rat is a great ride with high capacity. Not the best ride in the world by any measurement, but still great.

Crush's Coaster is a decent-enough ride with an abysmal capacity. I do not believe the ride will be reproduced, however, if it would be reproduced there would be a low probability of an exact clone.

If Disney would ever want to revisit the ride's concept there is an easy way to increase capacity and improve the overall ride as seen in an already constructed coaster.

Monorail_Red_77

Yes, but let it be at DAK in the site currently occuppied by a Mr. Chester and Hester.

Just think, Dinosaur could become "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and Dinorama the 20,000 leagues revival. Heck even the Finding Nemo Musical show could be Atlantis or something.

The Seas Pavilion just needs a better Nemo attraction. Or atleast one with a working Angler Fish and a better story.

I can say that the angler fish has been finally properly working again at both of my visits this January 11th and 20th. Also the shark in the sub is making his full movements again.

Last edited:

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
I can say that the angler fish has been finally properly working again at both of my visits this January 11th and 20th. Also the shark in the sub is making his full movements again.

Great to hear! On every visit, spanning 7 or so years, I've been unable to see a working fish. Honestly, it's only out of morbid curiosity of seeing it work that gets me to choose a Nemo fastpass. But glad to hear it's functioning properly. Maybe one day...

Last edited:

UNCgolf

Great to hear! On every visit, spanning 7 or so years, I've been unable to see a working fish. Honestly, it's only out of morbid curiosity of seeing it work that gets me to choose a Nemo fastpass. But glad to hear it's functioning properly. Maybe one day...

I rode Nemo for the first time ever on my recent trip and the angler fish was working. It was easily the best part of the ride, which isn't saying much. Mostly it just made me sad that the vastly superior sea cabs (as part of the greater theming) were replaced, especially with such a lackluster ride.

@marni1971 A question about that -- did they block up some of the old views into the aquarium when they converted it to Nemo? There are still some at the very end of the ride, but in my memory the sea cabs were looking into the aquarium for essentially the entire ride. That means they covered up some of the windows for the Nemo show scenes, but I don't know if that's accurate or if my memory is just faulty.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I rode Nemo for the first time ever on my recent trip and the angler fish was working. It was easily the best part of the ride, which isn't saying much. Mostly it just made me sad that the vastly superior sea cabs (as part of the greater theming) were replaced, especially with such a lackluster ride.

@marni1971 A question about that -- did they block up some of the old views into the aquarium when they converted it to Nemo? There are still some at the very end of the ride, but in my memory the sea cabs were looking into the aquarium for essentially the entire ride. That means they covered up some of the windows for the Nemo show scenes, but I don't know if that's accurate or if my memory is just faulty.
They certainly did. The entire EAC projection corridor used to have windows on both sides of and above the ride path.

UNCgolf

They certainly did. The entire EAC projection corridor used to have windows on both sides of and above the ride path.

Glad my memory still works!

That's such a shame. Did they block them up with something like concrete or are the obstructions potentially removable in the future?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom