Updates to the Seas Pavilion

N2dru

Since FW West will need more guest draw to help distribute the crowds when Guardians and the Play! pavilion open, I say install Crush's Coaster from WDS at the Seas. It'll provide synergy with the Nemo theme and a family friendly coaster for that side of the park. Plus add to the overall ride count at the park which is a good thing.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Since FW West will need more guest draw to help distribute the crowds when Guardians and the Play! pavilion open, I say install Crush's Coaster from WDS at the Seas. It'll provide synergy with the Nemo theme and a family friendly coaster for that side of the park. Plus add to the overall ride count at the park which is a good thing.
The dark ride portions of the coaster are based on the Orlando ride. Plus it has low capacity. Plus the coaster part is pretty lame.

N2dru

The dark ride portions of the coaster are based on the Orlando ride. Plus it has low capacity. Plus the coaster part is pretty lame.
I wouldn't call the coaster part lame...its a kids coaster. There aren't too many elements that could be added before its no longer classified as such.

N2dru

We thought it was. Repetitive with a lot of poor, off the shelf effects. It did the job that was needed at WDSP when it opened but that’s about it.

Then you consider the best BTM is just next door...
True that park needs all the help it can get. The kids in our group loved it. Go figure but as you mentioned it did what was intended.

RSoxNo1

Crush’s Coaster is not very good. A sterile, lifeless coaster. A strong pass for me on its inclusion in Epcot.
We thought it was. Repetitive with a lot of poor, off the shelf effects. It did the job that was needed at WDSP when it opened but that’s about it.

Then you consider the best BTM is just next door...
I haven't been on Crush's Coaster but this is the first negative reviews of it that I've read. I know it has low capacity but everyone I've spoken with about it loved it.

UNCgolf

I decided to do the Nemo ride for the first time ever on my recent trip -- I've been there a few times since it was added, but never bothered getting on the ride and just went into the pavilion through the exit doors.

I was shocked by how bad it is. Not just the ride itself, which is poor, but in the absolute idiocy of blocking up that tunnel to put the ride there.

It's hard to believe that a group of people both came up with that concept and that the concept was then approved.

EricsBiscuit

Crush’s Coaster was such a disappointment. It’s pretty pathetic. Not worth much.

trainplane3

The layout of CC looks better then Primeval Whirl...but that's not saying much...
(Same layout as CC but in the open and lacking the small pre-lift section)
aaaprea

yensidtlaw1969

I rode Crush's Coaster for the first time this past spring - I enjoyed it for what it was, but it didn't do anything to help the image in my mind of Disney Studios as an under-developed, "lite" Disney park. It's not the kind of experience Epcot needs, especially not next to the Seas, which is generally a well executed pavilion if no longer a sterling one.

The ride is definitely decorated with Nemo rather than themed to it. Immersion is not something that happens on that ride. Doesn't preclude it from being fun, but it does sort of preclude it from being a high quality Theme Park offering. Even with Epcot's "new direction" it wouldn't necessarily fit the park. That it's practically standalone in DSP is to its benefit.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I haven't been on Crush's Coaster but this is the first negative reviews of it that I've read. I know it has low capacity but everyone I've spoken with about it loved it.

Definitely low capacity, but we thought it was pretty fun when we rode it. Maybe it wouldn’t hold up on future rides, but I’ll need to go back to DLP to make that determination. 😉

Disone

I decided to do the Nemo ride for the first time ever on my recent trip -- I've been there a few times since it was added, but never bothered getting on the ride and just went into the pavilion through the exit doors.

I was shocked by how bad it is. Not just the ride itself, which is poor, but in the absolute idiocy of blocking up that tunnel to put the ride there.

It's hard to believe that a group of people both came up with that concept and that the concept was then approved.
I think the nemo sea shells it is far better then the sea cabs that preceeded them.

I could agree that it's not Walt Disney World best attraction, but I don't think it's shockingly bad either.

I rather enjoy the East Australian current section and I also enjoy the animated characters in the Aquarium.

I actually prefer this attraction over the current incarnation of journey into your imagination.

I also used to prefer it over the three Caballeros in Mexico. But ever since the added in the actual audio-animatronics of the three Caballeros I find Nemo and the three Caballeros to be on par with each other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom