Updates to the Seas Pavilion

castlecake2.0

Some photos from today of the updated signage that’s being installed around the the pavilion.... which leads me to another question, will this be the font of all pavilions going forward in "future world"?
F488769E-2721-445B-9D9A-E1DEF564250A.jpeg
83C6D831-46DA-4C97-AF07-2B839F963960.jpeg

Horizons1

Some photos from today of the updated signage that’s being installed around the the pavilion.... which leads me to another question, will this be the font of all pavilions going forward in "future world"?View attachment 493588View attachment 493589
Yes. They’re attempting to unify Future World by using the same font just like they did when the park opened. Amazing how we have to go backward to go forward.

waltography

Would love Sigourney Weaver being incorporated somehow. Love her voice, and people can pretend it's Finding Dory if they really, really want to without the questionable Ellen association.

MonorailCoral

moving away from the aquarium save the oceans theme and making it a finding nemo with some tanks, was one of most frustrating decisions by the people run epcot. late 60s to present day its been save the oceans.. and every year we pollute them more. Theres a trash pile the size of texas (maybe much much much bigger now) floating out there. The fish are dying, we over fish, we kill large animals for their fins, global warming... if one pavillion should have a true educatement purpose its this one. This should leave you feeling inspired to do what you can to save the oceans and care about sea life.. if anything it should have been expanded several times to one of the best aquariums in the US. Instead it joins imagination, and the center spine as a huge hole that isnt nearly as impressive as it should be.
I've never left an automotive museum feeling inspired to go clean up junkyards.

UNCgolf

I’ve watched @marni1971 tribute video 3 times today and wish we could get something even close to this back. There’s just so much to do and see in the original version. The nemo version feels lifeless in comparison. I was only able to do Seas a couple times before nemo ruined it.

I've said it before, but the Seas was the best pavilion at Epcot. That doesn't mean it was the best attraction -- Spaceship Earth, Horizons, and Imagination were probably all ahead of it for me, which also shows how absolutely stacked EPCOT was with incredible attractions -- but as an overall unified pavilion it was just tremendously good. Everything complemented everything else, from the entrance on into one consistent, coherent vision.

Horizons1

I've said it before, but the Seas was the best pavilion at Epcot. That doesn't mean it was the best attraction -- Spaceship Earth, Horizons, and Imagination were probably all ahead of it for me, which also shows how absolutely stacked EPCOT was with incredible attractions -- but as an overall unified pavilion it was just tremendously good. Everything complemented everything else, from the entrance on into one consistent, coherent vision.
Yea...but now there’s a gift shop at the end allowing it live up to Chapek’s vision of being more “Disney”.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom