Upcoming/Rumored Projects

PeterAlt

I'm seeing more and more main stream sources picking up the LotR story over the past month or so, such as the Orlando Business Journal and Orlando Theme Park News. These stories, in addition to citing the rumor sites we see, independently claim that Disney is talking to Warner Bros. I'm not sure if Warner Bros has the legal authority to make a deal with Disney over the LotR rights, or if they would need to strike a deal with the author in addition to any potential deal between Disney and Warner (or if any deal would be between Disney and its author without Warner). The fact that main stream has picked up on the story, to me, lends some credibility that - at least - there's an initiative within Disney to at least try and attempt to get those rights....

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I'm seeing more and more main stream sources picking up the LotR story over the past month or so, such as the Orlando Business Journal and Orlando Theme Park News. These stories, in addition to citing the rumor sites we see, independently claim that Disney is talking to Warner Bros. I'm not sure if Warner Bros has the legal authority to make a deal with Disney over the LotR rights, or if they would need to strike a deal with the author in addition to any potential deal between Disney and Warner (or if any deal would be between Disney and its author without Warner). The fact that main stream has picked up on the story, to me, lends some credibility that - at least - there's an initiative within Disney to at least try and attempt to get those rights....
Mainstream news sources also regularly reprint news from satirical news sites as factual.

Bairstow

Mainstream news sources also regularly reprint news from satirical news sites as factual.

As an experiment, we should try creating a similar thread on this forum about how Disney is rumored to be in negotiations to buy the theme park rights to, I dunno, Game of Thrones or Pokemon or something, and then see how long it takes it takes it to pop up in the Orlando Business Journal.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I have yet to see one article that independently corroborates the rumor, everything trace back to the original post. Can you provide an example? (
Why does this sound familiar?).

lazyboy97o

As an experiment, we should try creating a similar thread on this forum about how Disney is rumored to be in negotiations to buy the theme park rights to, I dunno, Game of Thrones or Pokemon or something, and then see how long it takes it takes it to pop up in the Orlando Business Journal.
Given the way it seems that the Orlando Business Journal likes to just reprint what is posted here, that should not be hard.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I have yet to see one article that independently corroborates the rumor, everything trace back to the original post. Can you provide an example? (
Why does this sound familiar?).
Don't hold your breath waiting (or anything else for that matter)....

And I'm sure the person responsible for the rumor is loving the traffic his site is getting.

lazyboy97o

"Is this the right room for an argument?"
"I've told you once"
"No, you haven't"
'Yes I have"
"When?"
"Just now"
"No you didn't"
"Yes I did"
"Didn't"
"Did"
"Didn't"
"I'm telling you I..."
(interrupts) "You did not"
"I'm sorry is this the 5 minute argument, or the full half hour?"
"Shut your festering gob, you ***! Your type really makes me puke, you vacuous, coffee-nosed, maloderous, pervert!!!"

dreamscometrue

What's really going to be interesting is when the new Avatar movies flop and then Disney has an entire world built that no one cares about.

But will still gets tons of guests because it'll be an awesome theme park immersive environment. I wasn't a big fan of the first movie, but found it visually stunning. I will have fun visiting Pandora and checking out the attractions whether there are 3 movies or 30, and regardless of how they fare at the box office. After watching the video with Cameron and Rohde, I'm super excited to check this out! (As I've said before, nobody in our family liked the HP movie(s) at all-not in the least- but we find the WWoHP and attractions great. To me, the IP is secondary to the quality.)

PeterAlt

What's really going to be interesting is when the new Avatar movies flop and then Disney has an entire world built that no one cares about.
It's not going to flop. And Disney will be riding on the success of the sequels.

I'm more concerned about the Star Wars sequels. To film in 2014 and be released in 2015 isn't a lot of time and they will have to rush it along to make the deadline. Without George Lucas at the helm, it's no longer his vision but a cash cow for the studio. I'm sure it'll still be good, but I'm not so sure how good it will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom