Upcoming/Rumored Projects

RyenDeckard

And someone who only has 56 posts should be saying that ;)

57/1 = 57.

57 times more posting.

billions of posts around the internet.

None with a wink face and praising princesses explaining the opening date of a corporate attraction that "My daughter is sure to love!"

It looks like a parody of a corporate shill, it's incredible.

lego606

MagicBandit
Rumor of Polynesian DVC: http://www.tikimanpages.com/tiki/news/222-dvc-starting-in-2013#

DVCconcept.jpg

tikiman

The villas on the water and the buildings towards the TTC get to be right next to the new pool area... what's the draw for the building over by the Wedding Pavilion?

You know I thought the same thing. I was told that would be the first phase so maybe it is just the easiest place for them to start DVC without disrupting the rest of the resort. Would they ever open DVC in phases? The views from that T shaped building would be better than those of the one over near the TTC. I don’t think the Grand villas will block the Tahiti DVC rooms much since Tahiti is elevated. Im guessing most of the rooms in the east DVC building will be standard view and the one over at Luau cove will have more Themepark View rooms. I have stayed in DVC rooms before but I don’t know much about DVC so I am not even sure how they will transform the Tahiti rooms. Im guessing they will be single rooms like the ones they converted at AKL. Also maybe they have since added something to the addition at Luau cove since I got my info like an adult pool (total speculation on my part).

Cosmic Commando

We all know DVC is coming to the Poly... it's the only deluxe without any DVC. Since it's gonna happen anyway, Trader Sam's belongs at the Poly. The atmosphere could be incredible. I just hope they realize what they've got and put it there instead of using the concept to feed the Disney Springs beast.

Patrick_Ears

Since this patent was filed for back in 2010, I have a hard time believing it intended for Planes, although it could obviously be re-purposed for that.

You never know.... Disney does put things on the back burner. Just i think with the new addition to MK and DAK getting its upgrade yeah it's a lot on the plate.

Epicpilot

Honestly, disney needs to do a lot of things but here some stuff I can list...

1. Fight back when it comes to advertising. I don't know about everyone else but here on the east coast Universal is pushing advertising for USF very hard, the disney to Universal commercial I around 1-6 here...

2. Add a major draw to DAK or DHS. Something needs to be done with one of these two parks, they have been sorta shunned recently and need some expansion to draw in crowds and get rid of there "half-day park". They are both severely lacking non E-ticket attractions.

3. Open the imagination pavilion at Epcot as a Phineas and Ferb style invention thingy, it would not cost much and would be a good place for an attraction as it cuts off people coming from the land who are going into world showcase.

4. Add a ride or two to world showcase pavilions. For example Japan could have a bullet train ride.

This what I can think of to be good improvements for WDW to fight back against USF. Also everyone a Captain EO replacement should be ready in 2015 and that may be a pleasant surprise.

RSoxNo1

Honestly, disney needs to do a lot of things but here some stuff I can list...

1. Fight back when it comes to advertising. I don't know about everyone else but here on the east coast Universal is pushing advertising for USF very hard, the disney to Universal commercial I around 1-6 here...
I've been whining about this for years, it seems like they have been pushing more of their new offerings lately which is a good thing. I attribute poor marketing to the poor attendance numbers around Star Tours 2.0 despite high guest satisfaction numbers.

2. Add a major draw to DAK or DHS. Something needs to be done with one of these two parks, they have been sorta shunned recently and need some expansion to draw in crowds and get rid of there "half-day park". They are both severely lacking non E-ticket attractions.
The good thing is, it sounds like additions are coming. The bad thing is, it's probably not the additions that everyone wants.

3. Open the imagination pavilion at Epcot as a Phineas and Ferb style invention thingy, it would not cost much and would be a good place for an attraction as it cuts off people coming from the land who are going into world showcase.
Eh, I'd prefer to keep characters out of Epcot if they can help out. Phineas and Ferb should be part of animation section in DHS. This is nothing against the World Showcase Adventure either, but I feel it's out of place.

4. Add a ride or two to world showcase pavilions. For example Japan could have a bullet train ride.
That would ruin the theming of the Food Court.

dupac

I haven't been around for about a month due to the hectic nature of the end of the semester, but obviously I haven't missed much. My only contribution is that one of my classmates will be working for P&R in their professional industrial engineering co-op starting mid-summer. No word what coast he'll be on, but fingers crossed it's east. For my sake, of course, and not his.

Epicpilot

According to Disney and more it seems that you can add to the list of WDW upcoming projects the opening at Epcot of a new Soarin' movie in 2016...

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.com/2013/05/new-planes-trailer-released-it-looks.html
Interesting. The soarin over the world would be a great way to fresh in it up, though making it a planes theme makes it a bit unappealing to me. Depending on how planes does in the box office, I can see a planes ride using the twister system over at DHS though I only see that happening if planes is a hit, which I don't expect it to be sadly, hopeful planes will prove me wrong though.

JWG

I said this in the Carsland thread and I'll say it again, 2016?!?! I don't care about a new movie 3 years in advance. That will change 45 times before then and given there's no construction cost, nothing to see - I just don't even care yet.

PeterAlt

Interesting. The soarin over the world would be a great way to fresh in it up, though making it a planes theme makes it a bit unappealing to me. Depending on how planes does in the box office, I can see a planes ride using the twister system over at DHS though I only see that happening if planes is a hit, which I don't expect it to be sadly, hopeful planes will prove me wrong though.
I hope this won't be like Dick Tracy Crime Stoppers - being made in parallel with the movie only to find out that the movie bombs and the ride subsequently gets cancelled.

Bugs, I think, is the only example of an attraction that was made in parellel to the film. Fortunately, for Bugs, the film was a success. Then, again, Bugs was a Pixar film and all Pixar films have been a success. Planes, on the other hand, is not a Pixar film.

Any word if this is the mystery EC project that was said to be opening 2015, or is this something else, in addition to that?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom