Upcoming/Rumored Projects

jdmdisney99

"Meet the World" was a show like Carousel of Progress.

Can you just imagine a Japan Pavilion with the museum they have, along with Meet the World, Mt. Fuji and the Bullet Train Walkthrough Circlevision?

It would pretty much be a perfect pavilion! Can Fujifilm come back now that Kodak have gone?
They could pretty much put every single pavilion in WS on steroids like this. So many options...WHY DON'T THEY DO IT?!? :(

Tom

Beta Return
They could pretty much put every single pavilion in WS on steroids like this. So many options...WHY DON'T THEY DO IT?!? :(

Because it's all about Return On Investment these days. If the sponsor countries and Disney are happy with feed and merch sales in those pavilions, they have no incentive to spend money on rides/shows that aren't going to generate additional revenue.

Epcot's attendance figures are still high, and as long as they're at a level that Disney deems acceptable, they have no incentive to do anything that's simply to enhance the guest experience....because they're not in that business anymore.

jdmdisney99

Because it's all about Return On Investment these days. If the sponsor countries and Disney are happy with feed and merch sales in those pavilions, they have no incentive to spend money on rides/shows that aren't going to generate additional revenue.

Epcot's attendance figures are still high, and as long as they're at a level that Disney deems acceptable, they have no incentive to do anything that's simply to enhance the guest experience....because they're not in that business anymore.
I'm up for some change! We'll see if thenext CEO pushes the parks division and TDO to continue to excel, not remain the same because it's "good enough".

George1995

I would also love to see some change to the world showcase. When I go now, I only go in there for a good meal because I've already seen/done everything thats in there. If they gave every country some new rides and shows, it might not make them more money but it would definitely make poeple happier. But i understand it's mostly about the money.

PeterAlt

Here is a simply list of potential rides, some of which have been in real planning by Disney:

1. Rhine River ride for Germany
2. Gondola ride for Italy
3. Mt. Fuji roller coaster (like the Matterhorn, but with Godzilla instead of the Abominal Snowman) --or-- bullet train ride
4. Sindbad ride (like the one in TDS) for Morocco
5. Ratatouille ride for France [personally, i'd avoid this as I think it's a better fit for DHS/Pixar Place]
6. Dr. Who ride for the UK --or-- for something more cultural/historical, perhaps something based on Stonehenge and Druids.

Pick 2 or 3 from the list and get working. They don't have to be E-tickets really, just solid C- or D-tickets to provide something more engaging in the World Showcase to do in between the eating/drinking/shopping. They really need to add some sort of ride on the International Gateway side of the lagoon to spread out the crowds.
Gondola ride was my idea!

midwest_mice

I could see a Mt Fugi coaster in the near future since Kodak is no longer present. I had read that oringinally when the idea was presented Kodak didn't agree as guests would relate Mt Fugi to the film company.

PeterAlt

Of course I can see the picture, it's of monorail footers. ;)
You just had to bring this up, did you? Since you did, I have to warn you. I've been looking at the latest images coming in sent from Curiosity. After reviewing these latest images, I have reason to believe - without a shadow of a doubt - that there are buried footers on the surface of Mars. Now, before I'm attacked by those of you, who may be skeptical, I am about to post 50 images of various sizes and angles - all unedited - that clearly show that someone (or possibly some ancient Martian) thought ahead and saw a day in the Martian future when the Mars Monorail System would need to expand to other Martian parks and buried footers there (like they did at WDW).

PeterAlt

what do u mean by that?:mad:
Nothing was meant by that. I was looking at photos taken by the Mars Curiosity rover and thought I found ultra-secret Disney construction going on. I was mistaking these photos for the ones you posted. Yours are better! All of them... Not just the middle one!

PeterAlt

Of course I can see the picture, it's of monorail footers. ;)
My latest research tells me that they DID, in fact, build the monorail extension to the Studios during the early 90's. Unfortunately, Animal "drove" a train off its uncompleted rail. The flying train crash landed inside DHS and caused a chain reaction of havoc that its repercussions are felt till this day.

The system was about half completed. Animal was in a hurry to get to Muppet Studios at DHS for a shooting, so he decided to drive a monorail on the DHS expansion route that was still under construction then. The fact that the track was partially completed and ended abruptly before entering DHS did not deter Animal. To make up for the missing track, Animal made the train move at at speeds faster than what is even possible, and send the train flying - with its aerodynamic shape - off the tracks, literally.

The train actually flew a good distance before crash landing. It actually made it all the way to the Muppet Studios inside DHS! The crash set off an explosion and fire that destroyed the Great Muppet Movie Ride (that was under construction and nearly complete) and also destroyed Dick Tracy's Crime Stoppers (also under construction). The blast was so bad that it almost also destroyed the Hollywood Hotel (you can see the where the blast hit from the side of the building that's all burnt).

Despite the chaos and destruction, Animal made it out from the blast unscathed and on time for the shooting he was in a rush to get to in the first place. However, since this incident, Disney management decided never to mix Muppets with monorail ever again, as the two combined is a recipe for disaster. It was thereby decided to permanently dismantle what was left of the DHS monorail extension and keep its southern terminus at EC, where it is at a safe distance away from impeding Muppet mayhem.

bassman02

I personally wouldn't like a load of thrill rides put around world showcase,they would just be out of place and take away from the permenant worlds fair bit,granted each pavilion could do with more than just shops and restaurants but no big rides.

A gentle guided gondola tour ride through would be nice in Italy,kinda like the gondolas in Vegas.imagine an indoor guided boat ride thru Viennese streets with the guide singing as you go.:)
That would be nice.

But I personally would rather see more street atmosphere,to create the feel of each country more. For example I come from Britain.and I've always thought that as well as the live band that plays on the bandstand,there's should be street performers along the street itself.

Also in France,there should be painters and artists painting along the water edge

Things like that.

I really want the old night parade (ive forgotten the name) to be brought back,with the drums and the puppets it was spectacular and had a very world celebration feel.:)

doctornick

I personally wouldn't like a load of thrill rides put around world showcase,they would just be out of place and take away from the permenant worlds fair bit,granted each pavilion could do with more than just shops and restaurants but no big rides.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that WS should have thrill rides per se (though the Mt Fuji ride would have probably been in that category). Personally, I agree with you that rides should be more family oriented and cultural for that area. Some gentle boat rides (like a gondola for Italy or the Rhine River ride for Germany) or dark rides would be great to create more "stuff to do" without taking away from the general ambiance of WS.

They actually have empty show buildings in Germany and Japan IIRC, so it would be nice to use them and add something to the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom