Upcoming/Rumored Projects

bassman02

I don't think anyone is suggesting that WS should have thrill rides per se (though the Mt Fuji ride would have probably been in that category). Personally, I agree with you that rides should be more family oriented and cultural for that area. Some gentle boat rides (like a gondola for Italy or the Rhine River ride for Germany) or dark rides would be great to create more "stuff to do" without taking away from the general ambiance of WS.

They actually have empty show buildings in Germany and Japan IIRC, so it would be nice to use them and add something to the park.
Ah I see, I may have read it a bit wrong so appologies.
I had no idea there was unused show buildings, what used to be in them? Or were they built with future expansion/additions in mind?

I definatly agree though, there needs to a bit more to do around WS.

stewdog1

Did it ever get this far? If that happened is was a period when I didn't visit the World (there have been a few in my life). I remember the artwork...

I don't remember when it was up, but as you were walking towards Japan, the large tree'd area next to it had walls up, with the artwork pasted all over it.

I'll ask my Dad and see if we happened to take any pictures of that.

Tonka's Skipper

"Meet the World" was a show like Carousel of Progress.

Can you just imagine a Japan Pavilion with the museum they have, along with Meet the World, Mt. Fuji and the Bullet Train Walkthrough Circlevision?

It would pretty much be a perfect pavilion! Can Fujifilm come back now that Kodak have gone?

I love your idea! however,

I don't believe Fuji does film anymore either! Its all digital and mostly medical and industrial applications.

Tonka's Skipper

I didn't mean for Fujifilm to supply film for cameras, I meant as a sponsor, now that Kodak have gone.

Sorry, I didn't mean to say you did!

My point was more that why would Fiji film want to sponsor, if most of their sales are not to the general public.......like camera film, but are for industry and medical uses!

Prototype82

There is
Ah I see, I may have read it a bit wrong so appologies.
I had no idea there was unused show buildings, what used to be in them? Or were they built with future expansion/additions in mind?

I definatly agree though, there needs to a bit more to do around WS.
the show building in Japan supposedly has a carousel of progress-like stage inside it. It was supposed to have a copy of Tokyo Disneyland's Meet-the-World.

Gregoryp73

There is the show building in Japan supposedly has a carousel of progress-like stage inside it. It was supposed to have a copy of Tokyo Disneyland's Meet-the-World.

I would even be happy with a "bullet train" (I believe this has been suggested by imagineers before) through Japan type of ride where the train just moves a scant bit and you have oled screens for windows that show you a 3d HD tour of Japan. It would be like a 200mph trek over the islands...it would fit the original concept of epcot. Kind of a weak star tours with a narrator.

This type of ride could be compact enough because it would be relatively stationary...

misterID

I hope that Fincher's 20K Leagues Under The Sea is a massive hit and ligts a fire to bring a HUGE presence of the film to either Adventureland or AK.

Communicore

There is the show building in Japan supposedly has a carousel of progress-like stage inside it. It was supposed to have a copy of Tokyo Disneyland's Meet-the-World.

I love that show building. I always wanted to go inside it to see how it looks like. Also the unused parts of Biergarten, I would like to see that too as that is part of the unused Germany show building!

FlaMel

With usable space always being at a premium, I can assure you that those show buildings are not sitting empty. I would wager that park operations (or maintenance, or food & beverage, or merchandise, or......) has claimed it and filled it up.

PeterAlt

You want to hear something sad? I've been meaning to tell this story, but I held it back. Years ago, my family went to WDW. When we went to EPCOT, we went to see JiyI for the first time. While I was outraged of how bad it was, sitting quietly and fuming with anger in my seat, we reached the sound room. When they made the annoying loud noises, my mom kept repeating (both during and after the ride), "Wow, wasn't that sound incredible?!" I was thinking "No, embarrassing is more like it", but I kept quiet as to not take away this mysterious enjoyment my mom was having over that crappy ride!

raymusiccity

We need an urban explorer to explore inside Germany and Japan! Adam the Woooooo where are you? (oh yeah banned from Disney property) lol

There's a lot more detail concerning what could have been great attractions at both Germany & Japan over at 'Epcot Central' :

"Germany and Japan have something in common -- and we're not talking about World War II here. At EPCOT's World Showcase, these two pavilions harbor remnants of an EPCOT that could have been ... and, tantalizingly, almost was.

Though it's difficult to make out when you're strolling around the World Showcase promenade, next time you're at EPCOT take a look at both the Germany and Japan pavilions from afar. You'll notice they're unusually large, particularly given that neither one houses a traditional attraction. Disney does its best to hide these structures and not call attention to them, but what's particularly sad is hearing the apparent fate of two impressively ambitious attractions........"

With a little imagination, you can see where you'd be loading and unloading for the 'Rhine boat excursion' inside of the present day Biergarten. Very sad loss of space.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom