Upcoming/Rumored Projects

doctornick

Still would love to see more rides for Epcot World Showcase. Maybe Mt.Fuji for Japan (or Meet the World), River Ride in Germany, etc.

Here is a simply list of potential rides, some of which have been in real planning by Disney:

1. Rhine River ride for Germany
2. Gondola ride for Italy
3. Mt. Fuji roller coaster (like the Matterhorn, but with Godzilla instead of the Abominal Snowman) --or-- bullet train ride
4. Sindbad ride (like the one in TDS) for Morocco
5. Ratatouille ride for France [personally, i'd avoid this as I think it's a better fit for DHS/Pixar Place]
6. Dr. Who ride for the UK --or-- for something more cultural/historical, perhaps something based on Stonehenge and Druids.

Pick 2 or 3 from the list and get working. They don't have to be E-tickets really, just solid C- or D-tickets to provide something more engaging in the World Showcase to do in between the eating/drinking/shopping. They really need to add some sort of ride on the International Gateway side of the lagoon to spread out the crowds.

aladdin2007

Here is a simply list of potential rides, some of which have been in real planning by Disney:

3. Mt. Fuji roller coaster (like the Matterhorn, but with Godzilla instead of the Abominal Snowman) --or-- bullet train ride
5. Ratatouille ride for France [personally, i'd avoid this as I think it's a better fit for DHS/Pixar Place]
6. Dr. Who ride for the UK --or-- for something more cultural/historical, perhaps something based on Stonehenge and Druids.

Pick 2 or 3 from the list and get working. They don't have to be E-tickets really, just solid C- or D-tickets to provide something more engaging in the World Showcase to do in between the eating/drinking/shopping. They really need to add some sort of ride on the International Gateway side of the lagoon to spread out the crowds.

I totally agree, and would love to see those things,,, but I honestly dont think with the current TDO we have in place (obsessed with tech games, nextgen, booze, and meetngreets) that were going to see any new attractions come to World Showcase at least in the foreseeable future. Unless burbank/glendale puts their foot down on them again. I wish they would.

Gregoryp73

Its not a boneyard, its very actively used, usually a 1 ferryboat is parked there each night, the rest are at TTC. All of the other water based transportation is stored there each night as well. They fuel up every boat there and its also where they pull the boats out of the water for refurbishment. It couldn't be further from a boneyard really, actually they were tossing the idea of expanding it due to the possibility of adding more boats to the disney navy. It gets pretty tight in there every night when you try and park one of them.

I wonder if we are talking about the same area....the area I'm talking about is located here (including the immediate area south of here)

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=28.421023&lon=-81.575053&z=17&m=b

Prock3

I wonder if we are talking about the same area....the area I'm talking about is located here (including the immediate area south of here)

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=28.421023&lon=-81.575053&z=17&m=b
Ahh yes, when the satellite pictures were taken that was being used as a sort of staging area for FLE, parking for the construction workers, and other stuff. Now its back to parking for cast members, most managers park there and when the main cast parking is full its overflow parking. Its not mainly a boneyard, although there is some old junk laying around in the back of it, its just a parking lot now. Although the nail in my tire would show that the effects of the construction are still around..

The big boneyard is to the west of MK, if you see the Fire dept building follow the road along side it and that is where the cool stuff goes, I've also heard they test fireworks back there and is where a few of the MKIV monorails are!

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Holy cow, I didn't even know the building had gone vertical. Where are the complaints about how it would ruin some sightlines? Evidently just more doomagoguery. o_O

Anyone have pics from the Contemporary?

What sight lines would it ruin? It's about 2 miles from both MK and Epcot, not sure it will even be visible from the parks.

jt04

What sight lines would it ruin? It's about 2 miles from both MK and Epcot, not sure it will even be visible from the parks.

The complaint at the time was that it would "loom" over FW and Bay Lake. Since it appears the building has topped out and the web has not been flooded with pictures and complaints makes me think it is not having much visual impact.

But it would be great to get photos from different perspectives around property.

The building looks great from what I have seen.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The complaint at the time was that it would "loom" over FW and Bay Lake. Since it appears the building has topped out and the web has not been flooded with pictures and complaints makes me think it is not having much visual impact.

But it would be great to get photos from different perspectives around property.

The building looks great from what I have seen.

I wonder if people didn't realize where it is, it's quite a distance from Bay Lake.

doctornick

REAL PLANNING by Disney? Do you have some sort of proof for this? I'm very interested.

Yeah, I said "some". Obviously, a Dr. Who ride is just fan theory, but I think it would be a good fit, so I included it. But really, you could do a ton of different themes for a UK attractions, I just mentioned it because it seemed like a popular choice on these pages.

Cosmic Commando

This will never happen because of Test Track and space, but I just love my idea so much: build a Mt. Fuji behind Japan to house a Japanese-themed version of Radiator Springs Racers, with the existing empty show building used for a big, indoor queue themed to a modern Tokyo streetscape (in the Cars universe, of course). It would show a side of modern Japan that is missing now, and it would do it without stepping on the historical stuff outside.

Re: Doctor Who. At the very least, just throw some money at the BBC to be able to put a police box in the UK pavilion! It would have lines rivalling those of many characters to have pictures taken with it!

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.

I'd love to have a tardis!

MissAlmyra

If Sindbad came to Epcot I would lose my mind, just saying. Imagine all the Chandu plushies they would sell! Even if a Doctor Who ride is just a dream, it's a beautiful one.

Magenta Panther

Yeah, I said "some". Obviously, a Dr. Who ride is just fan theory, but I think it would be a good fit, so I included it. But really, you could do a ton of different themes for a UK attractions, I just mentioned it because it seemed like a popular choice on these pages.

Personally, I'd much rather have a Yellow Submarine dark ride for the UK.

George

Liker of Things
Oh yes. I vividly remember the walls that went up for Mt. Fuji with the artwork pasted on them.

Did it ever get this far? If that happened is was a period when I didn't visit the World (there have been a few in my life). I remember the artwork...I also remember the plan for the virtual bullet train ride in Japan that was to take us on a tour of the country. In fact, way back when there was supposed to be a circelvision 360 (or maybe another type of film I'm going by memory) that was supposed to introduce the world to Japan's culture (called Hello World or something).

I think there was even a plan to have Mt. Fuji balanced out by a modern version of the Matterhorn which would have been located between Italy and Switzerland (obviously never built) just like in the real world.

djlaosc

Did it ever get this far? If that happened is was a period when I didn't visit the World (there have been a few in my life). I remember the artwork...I also remember the plan for the virtual bullet train ride in Japan that was to take us on a tour of the country. In fact, way back when there was supposed to be a circelvision 360 (or maybe another type of film I'm going by memory) that was supposed to introduce the world to Japan's culture (called Hello World or something).

I think there was even a plan to have Mt. Fuji balanced out by a modern version of the Matterhorn which would have been located between Italy and Switzerland (obviously never built) just like in the real world.

"Meet the World" was a show like Carousel of Progress.

Can you just imagine a Japan Pavilion with the museum they have, along with Meet the World, Mt. Fuji and the Bullet Train Walkthrough Circlevision?

It would pretty much be a perfect pavilion! Can Fujifilm come back now that Kodak have gone?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom