Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Kobe!!

I saw on Tikiman's site and on DIS Unplugged live that were posted a few days ago (April 3rd and April 2nd respectively) that Poly DVC's are coming (The Villas at Disney's Polynesian Resort: A Disney Vacation Club Resort). "It seems that the Polynesian will start later this year constructing 20 bungalows out on the water at the Polynesian and they will be 2 room villas. Phase 2 of the DVC includes building 15 Tahitian style huts out on the water off the beach of Tahiti longhouse. Looking at the new room designs that are going in now I noticed that no additional handicap accessible rooms or new king bed rooms were going into Tahiti or Rapa Nui but all other longhouses were getting some HA or king rooms added. Sounds like they have other long term plans for Rapa Nui and Tahiti".

His word is that the Polynesian DVC will be the most expensive DVC on property.

dvc_poly.jpg
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought someone said they can't build rooms on the water because of safety concerns or something like that... firetrucks/EMT's, exc. can't get to them easily?

Cosmic Commando

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought someone said they can't build rooms on the water because of safety concerns or something like that... firetrucks/EMT's, exc. can't get to them easily?
I think that was an argument against building on Discovery Island or one of the islands in SSL. The way this rumor sounds, I'm picturing a long pier with huts over the water, like an ultra luxe tropical resort.

Tom

Beta Return
I think that was an argument against building on Discovery Island or one of the islands in SSL. The way this rumor sounds, I'm picturing a long pier with huts over the water, like an ultra luxe tropical resort.

Yes, like a number of Sandals resorts. They just can't build anything that's an island due to inaccessibility. If they were to build out in the water, there would be large walkways leading out to them, offering plenty of access.

They're much wiser to stay on land though (even if that means extending the land a bit into the water, like they did with the GF). There's no reason to build over water unless it's visually appealing (like the clear waters at a resort). SSL is murky and gross - no desire to be right on top of it, IMO.

doctornick

They're much wiser to stay on land though (even if that means extending the land a bit into the water, like they did with the GF). There's no reason to build over water unless it's visually appealing (like the clear waters at a resort). SSL is murky and gross - no desire to be right on top of it, IMO.

Agreed. Conceptually, it sounds cool to have over water bungalows, but they really only are special if you can look into the clear water to see animals and if you can jump off your balcony into the water. With the Seven Seas Lagoon, these aren't realistic happenings, so you would be left with just the idea of "my room was over water". Eh.

Gregoryp73

I saw on Tikiman's site and on DIS Unplugged live that were posted a few days ago (April 3rd and April 2nd respectively) that Poly DVC's are coming (The Villas at Disney's Polynesian Resort: A Disney Vacation Club Resort). "It seems that the Polynesian will start later this year constructing 20 bungalows out on the water at the Polynesian and they will be 2 room villas. Phase 2 of the DVC includes building 15 Tahitian style huts out on the water off the beach of Tahiti longhouse. Looking at the new room designs that are going in now I noticed that no additional handicap accessible rooms or new king bed rooms were going into Tahiti or Rapa Nui but all other longhouses were getting some HA or king rooms added. Sounds like they have other long term plans for Rapa Nui and Tahiti".

His word is that the Polynesian DVC will be the most expensive DVC on property.

dvc_poly.jpg

This is good news....and when there was discussion on this last year on these boards (almost one year ago to this day!) I totally called this spot on the map for the new DVC. Did not see the water huts coming though...those will go for a very hefty premium. I would imagine that they will be aligned to where they all have an unobstructed view of the fireworks.

Now they just need to complete the cycle and finally build that 1600 century European village resort just north of the Contemporary and east of the MK to represent Fantasyland.

Tonka's Skipper

This is good news....and when there was discussion on this last year on these boards (almost one year ago to this day!) I totally called this spot on the map for the new DVC. Did not see the water huts coming though...those will go for a very hefty premium. I would imagine that they will be aligned to where they all have an unobstructed view of the fireworks.

Now they just need to complete the cycle and finally build that 1600 century European village resort just north of the Contemporary and east of the MK to represent Fantasyland.

That is a great idea the European village. However it would have to be farrrrrrrr..........east as the WDW shipyard is just east of the MK.

TP2000

Where should I post the rumor from al lutz that the door coaster is headed to.. DCA

I remember the Door Coaster rumor being a Jim Hill story. I googled that and came up with mentions from Mr. Hill on his site dating from the spring and summer of 2008, five years ago.

I doubt a thread still exists about the Door Coaster in DHS, or maybe one does?

Al Lutz had a couple of juicy rumors today, but this Door Coaster and Monstropolis project coming to DCA took me by surprise. Was a Monstropolis mini-land around the Door Coaster ever planned for DHS? Or was it just to be the coaster in a soundstage? DCA already has the Monsters Inc. dark ride next door, so I could see how they'd want to flesh out the theme more fully there.

Gregoryp73

That is a great idea the European village. However it would have to be farrrrrrrr..........east as the WDW shipyard is just east of the MK.

Yep...I would bet they could relocate that staging area (it's really just a boneyard) and place a nice little hotel there with walking access into the backside of fantasyland.

raven

Except that I've already confirmed that this is NOT the location that they are putting them.

Genie of the Lamp

I found a video/and some updates on Golden Oaks: one of the four seasons Orlando in WDW Resort (possible rooftop restaurant with an MK view could be one of the restaurants for this hotel/resort)

Also, throughout G.O. they will have sculpture gardens featuring bronze figure disney characters. The Little Mermaid characters ( Airel, Flounder, and Sebastian) are up now. There will be several more of these in the future with all of these series being called "Disney Friends and/of Nature" and will feature character sets from Bambi and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The Bambi and friends set is in the process of being put up right now or if not very soon.

Edit: Here's some info I found the resort from about a month ago:
http://hksinc.com/news/hospitality/...is-Under-Construction-Set-for-Late-2014-Debut

Prock3

Yep...I would bet they could relocate that staging area (it's really just a boneyard) and place a nice little hotel there with walking access into the backside of fantasyland.
Its not a boneyard, its very actively used, usually a 1 ferryboat is parked there each night, the rest are at TTC. All of the other water based transportation is stored there each night as well. They fuel up every boat there and its also where they pull the boats out of the water for refurbishment. It couldn't be further from a boneyard really, actually they were tossing the idea of expanding it due to the possibility of adding more boats to the disney navy. It gets pretty tight in there every night when you try and park one of them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I found a video/and some updates on Golden Oaks: one of the four seasons Orlando in WDW Resort (possible rooftop restaurant with an MK view could be one of the restaurants for this hotel/resort)

Also, throughout G.O. they will have sculpture gardens featuring bronze figure disney characters. The Little Mermaid characters ( Airel, Flounder, and Sebastian) are up now. There will be several more of these in the future with all of these series being called "Disney Friends and/of Nature" and will feature character sets from Bambi and Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. The Bambi and friends set is in the process of being put up right now or if not very soon.

Wow, they are making good progress on that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom