Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Genie of the Lamp

I saw on Tikiman's site and on DIS Unplugged live that were posted a few days ago (April 3rd and April 2nd respectively) that Poly DVC's are coming (The Villas at Disney's Polynesian Resort: A Disney Vacation Club Resort). "It seems that the Polynesian will start later this year constructing 20 bungalows out on the water at the Polynesian and they will be 2 room villas. Phase 2 of the DVC includes building 15 Tahitian style huts out on the water off the beach of Tahiti longhouse. Looking at the new room designs that are going in now I noticed that no additional handicap accessible rooms or new king bed rooms were going into Tahiti or Rapa Nui but all other longhouses were getting some HA or king rooms added. Sounds like they have other long term plans for Rapa Nui and Tahiti".

His word is that the Polynesian DVC will be the most expensive DVC on property.

dvc_poly.jpg

Cliff Racer

let it go we know how you feel

when it opens give it a chance and then judge
Setting aside those issues, Avatar is a beautiful film but I don't really know how you'll get it to come to life in boat-ride form. I can easily imagine the figures being quickly grimed up due to Florida weather and inadequete cleaning. Dirty the figures up too much and you lose the movie's visual punch. For the boats at least, that would honestly be my biggest worry.

twebber55

Setting aside those issues, Avatar is a beautiful film but I don't really know how you'll get it to come to life in boat-ride form. I can easily imagine the figures being quickly grimed up due to Florida weather and inadequete cleaning. Dirty the figures up too much and you lose the movie's visual punch. For the boats at least, that would honestly be my biggest worry.
good point cliff

it will be interesting to see if disney can pull it off or at least how they pull it off in terms of the bioluminecese flora and fauna floating mountains and actual attractions

Prototype82

I guess I had imagined that it would be indoors. I need to look at those blue prints again...

Cliff Racer

I guess I had imagined that it would be indoors. I need to look at those blue prints again...
Even if indoors that doesn't stop other attractions from looking bad when not properly upkept, especially if kept in a damp place like a water ride. I got stuck next to one of the indoor Brer Rabbit figures right before Splash's rehab and he looked pretty dang dirty!

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
My guess is that for the water ride, they'll shut down KRR for a few weeks, install a few plywood cutouts of Navi, clean a raft or two (that's all they'll have time for!) and voila...a magical entrance into the world of Pandora will have been created.

twebber55

Even if indoors that doesn't stop other attractions from looking bad when not properly upkept, especially if kept in a damp place like a water ride. I got stuck next to one of the indoor Brer Rabbit figures right before Splash's rehab and he looked pretty dang dirty!
i dont know if the water ride is still in play..i wish it were because it could be a great intro 101 pandora type ride

Cliff Racer

Odd, I thought that that was the only ride even in the latest leaked build? So what would it be then, a roller coaster that kids couldn't even go on, another static show?

twebber55

Odd, I thought that that was the only ride even in the latest leaked build? So what would it be then, a roller coaster that kids couldn't even go on, another static show?
i think a motion based simulator...actually heard it would be soarin 10.0 much more advanced than soarin...was hoping for vekoma motor bike coaster but looks like it will be this....

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/specialities-and-attractions/panoramic-flight-simulator

although their pandoras box ride looks cool

Tom

Beta Return
i think a motion based simulator...actually heard it would be soarin 10.0 much more advanced than soarin...was hoping for vekoma motor bike coaster but looks like it will be this....

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/specialities-and-attractions/panoramic-flight-simulator

Yeah, the last plans anyone has seen (online) showed a 4-theater building that would use the system you linked to, combined with a 3-D video. The plans also showed a PotC/IaSW type boat ride. That's all anyone knows.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

Yeah, the last plans anyone has seen (online) showed a 4-theater building that would use the system you linked to, combined with a 3-D video. The plans also showed a PotC/IaSW type boat ride. That's all anyone knows.

I think ye olde blue prints we have been discussing would go a long way towards making DAK an all day park. If they did a kick butt job with the two rides and made the land pretty and maybe, just maybe, gave us some flying banshees and purty glow in the dark plants for nighty night time, I'd be really happy. I think the dearth of actual rides at DAK screams for another ride or two at the minimum, but all in all the boat ride, Soarin' on steroids plans isn't bad. Reading between the lines of all the posts made in the last year or two I get the definite impression that Cameron wanted more rides...@WDW1974 reported a month or so ago that he heard the land was down to one e-ticket attraction. I would find that to be a bit of a mistake since DAK needs rides. I would find it especially odd, since instead of FLE, I kind of felt like that MK needed a massive e-ticket. Kind of flip flopping artistic needs of the two parks, IMO. But, I'm just a pawn in the game of life.

Tom

Beta Return
I think ye olde blue prints we have been discussing would go a long way towards making DAK an all day park. If they did a kick butt job with the two rides and made the land pretty and maybe, just maybe, gave us some flying banshees and purty glow in the dark plants for nighty night time, I'd be really happy. I think the dearth of actual rides at DAK screams for another ride or two at the minimum, but all in all the boat ride, Soarin' on steroids plans isn't bad. Reading between the lines of all the posts made in the last year or two I get the definite impression that Cameron wanted more rides...@WDW1974 reported a month or so ago that he heard the land was down to one e-ticket attraction. I would find that to be a bit of a mistake since DAK needs rides. I would find it especially odd, since instead of FLE, I kind of felt like that MK needed a massive e-ticket. Kind of flip flopping artistic needs of the two parks, IMO. But, I'm just a pawn in the game of life.

If they built what was shown in the plans, it would add at least 2 hours to the touring time of the park, on average. They really need to add 3 attractions to the park to make it whole...and to keep things going while they (hopefully) do SOMETHING about the Yeti some day. So, the two on the plans, and maybe another C off to the side. The plans already called for shopping and dining in the area, so that would help too.

MK needs one more attraction. All FLE is doing it bringing it up to it's pre-20k-closing count. Mermaid replaced 20k (granted, Mermaid increased overall capacity), and 7DMT will replace SWSA (net loss until 7DMT opens). And while the MK desperately needed another couple dining options, some sort of attraction at BatB would have made a nice difference.

But I'll take the MK we've been delivered, so they can focus on the other 3, which need serious help.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
If they built what was shown in the plans, it would add at least 2 hours to the touring time of the park, on average. They really need to add 3 attractions to the park to make it whole...and to keep things going while they (hopefully) do SOMETHING about the Yeti some day. So, the two on the plans, and maybe another C off to the side. The plans already called for shopping and dining in the area, so that would help too.

MK needs one more attraction. All FLE is doing it bringing it up to it's pre-20k-closing count. Mermaid replaced 20k (granted, Mermaid increased overall capacity), and 7DMT will replace SWSA (net loss until 7DMT opens). And while the MK desperately needed another couple dining options, some sort of attraction at BatB would have made a nice difference.

But I'll take the MK we've been delivered, so they can focus on the other 3, which need serious help.

I concur. Because MK was already attraction rich compared to the other parks, a mistake in strategy there is less of mis-step than elsewhere...

mickey2008.1

I saw on Tikiman's site and on DIS Unplugged live that were posted a few days ago (April 3rd and April 2nd respectively) that Poly DVC's are coming (The Villas at Disney's Polynesian Resort: A Disney Vacation Club Resort). "It seems that the Polynesian will start later this year constructing 20 bungalows out on the water at the Polynesian and they will be 2 room villas. Phase 2 of the DVC includes building 15 Tahitian style huts out on the water off the beach of Tahiti longhouse. Looking at the new room designs that are going in now I noticed that no additional handicap accessible rooms or new king bed rooms were going into Tahiti or Rapa Nui but all other longhouses were getting some HA or king rooms added. Sounds like they have other long term plans for Rapa Nui and Tahiti".

His word is that the Polynesian DVC will be the most expensive DVC on property.

dvc_poly.jpg
This is very interesting, I can only imagine whqt these huts would cost as they are on the water, or in the water. Any concept art?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom