Upcoming/Rumored Projects

misterID

I actually agree that Pandora could be amazing. I'm losing faith it will even happen. I was serious when I said it could easily end up being a bathroom, M&G, giftshop (featuring Marvel merch) and at the most the Soarin attraction, wasting that entire plot of land at CMM.

PeterAlt

See I don't get Avatar land, the movie is dated, it has become a cult classic, Ok it was great to introduce 3D movies but other than that, blah. The squeal/prequel is now under-question if it will ever be made. I don't get wasting the space on it.

To me thats like updating the haunted Mansion to include Disney's "Boogy Man" from the 80's direct to TV movie with sequel. <Don't bother searching for it, it was that bad.> Why not go with something, I don't know more current. Camp Micky/Minnie seems to be a great Ewock village location to me, or finally build Mythic Creature land.
If you're Bob Iger, it makes perfect sense.

See, AK was originally designed to included lands and animals real and make believe. The make believe land was originally going to be Beastly Kingdom, but designs for that were ripped off when Uni built Duelling Dragons.

Avatar is a make belief world with its own make belief animal species and a conservation theme that echoes that of DAK. Avatar brings with it instant brand recognition, not to mention the talents of James Cameron and his special effects company. Also, one can easily see dollar signs when the sequels come out each time the hoards will flock.

PeterAlt

I actually agree that Pandora could be amazing. I'm losing faith it will even happen. I was serious when I said it could easily end up being a bathroom, M&G, giftshop (featuring Marvel merch) and at the most the Soarin attraction, wasting that entire plot of land at CMM.
They announced it too soon. Just like they did with Flamingo Crossing. Usually they design it first, but these two projects were announced before design (which can take years to complete). Amazing, Uni doesn't even announce until half-way between between construction and opening. Also, that Rat attraction at DLP has been under construction for some time now and yet no announcement.

PeterAlt

Just to let everyone know, I figured out how Disney can expand the monorail effectively and cost efficiently! My plan solves numerous problems in a single cost effective stroke of genius, while also getting a lot of additional things the company had originally planned to spend money on as part of it with no additional cost. I'll discuss my ideas first with engineers who are professionals to make sure it can work. If it passes that test, I will write Bombardier with all the details and ask them if they could put together a proposal they could submit to Disney as an unsolicited offer. If Bombardier passes the savings to their customer in a formal proposal, Disney would be foolish if they decided not to study and look into it. I'll make some graphics to explain the concepts that would be involved. I'll post them in its own thread when its ready (hopefully tonight or tomorrow).

jt04

Just to let everyone know, I figured out how Disney can expand the monorail effectively and cost efficiently! My plan solves numerous problems in a single cost effective stroke of genius, while also getting a lot of additional things the company had originally planned to spend money on as part of it with no additional cost. I'll discuss my ideas first with engineers who are professionals to make sure it can work. If it passes that test, I will write Bombardier with all the details and ask them if they could put together a proposal they could submit to Disney as an unsolicited offer. If Bombardier passes the savings to their customer in a formal proposal, Disney would be foolish if they decided not to study and look into it. I'll make some graphics to explain the concepts that would be involved. I'll post them in its own thread when its ready (hopefully tonight or tomorrow).

Sounds great!

Probably best to post in "Imagineering" forum. Looking forward to those plans. I have my own ideas so I will be happy to provide feedback.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Considering that in all of your monorail ramblings, you have never been able to produce so much as a material takeoff for the construction of a segment of monorail track, something that is absolutely necessary to determine the cost of the project, I have a feeling that your proposal will be placed directly into the circular file.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

I look forward to hearing about this from the folks I know at Bombardier.

djlaosc

The idea of an Avatar themed attraction as part of a larger mythical animal land is great news, IMO.

It still seems weird to me... I do understand why it fits in DAK though...

It would be like having an "Alien" or a "Predator" ride in Animal Kingdom. I know it's not exactly the same (Avatar deals with conservation, whereas the others don't, so it would fit better in Animal Kingdom than the other two I mentioned), but in terms of the creatures themselves, they are all creatures specifically created for a film, not from folklore - I know that the difference isn't specified in...

"Welcome to a kingdom of animals... real, ancient and imagined: a kingdom ruled by lions, dinosaurs and dragons; a kingdom of balance, harmony and survival; a kingdom we enter to share in the wonder, gaze at the beauty, thrill at the drama, and learn"

...as a difference, but the dedication doesn't mention "aliens", and implies with "dragons" more folklore than film-created.

I would still like to see Avatar (and Alien and Predator if they were ever to get an attraction) in DHS, not DAK.

PeterAlt

I look forward to hearing about this from the folks I know at Bombardier.
You'll put a good word in for me, I hope! Well, if you like it, that is. I don't expect you to say anything if you're not buying it. So, I will have to sell it to you first and convince you (and everyone else) that it will save Disney a ton of money that is sustainable, practical, and also achieves a laundry list of secondary goals without the extra cost!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom