Upcoming/Rumored Projects

IWant2GoNow

I was thinking of more foresty type things Disney could put there. So far all I've come up with is Pocahontas, Bambi, and Robin Hood. :shrug: All of which I don't see them putting in, but who knows?

jt04

From what Lee and other insiders said, that is where they will include the other rides in the expansion.

That seems to be the current thinking at Disney. There is quite a bit of land there and some of the aerial shots I have seen are very compelling. I only hope that they stick with the overall FF theme. This is the principle Joe Rohde uses to develop "lands" at DAK and I personally think those are the best "lands" the WDC has produced. And if that means toontown gets built somewhere else then that is more important than destroying the theme of a particular "land". In my opinion of course.

IWant2GoNow

I'm betting on a bold, new Toon Town.

Do you think it would transition well wedged between a forest and Tomorrowland? I think it would be great to have a Fab Five home worthy of their accomplishments, just trying to picture it in that spot. Especially if they still put Dumbo over there as well.

lebeau

Do you think it would transition well wedged between a forest and Tomorrowland? I think it would be great to have a Fab Five home worthy of their accomplishments, just trying to picture it in that spot. Especially if they still put Dumbo over there as well.

Things might get moved around. I dunno. :shrug:

My thinking is that there was a minor uproar over moving the Fab 5 out of MK. And they already have parts (Mickey's and Minnie's houses) that can be repurposed. A new Toon Town reusing parts of the old Toon Town has to be cheaper than something made from scratch. The Fab 5 appeals to kids of all ages and genders. I think they will make it work.

Plus, what else are they going to put in there? Pixar doesn't belong. Non-Pixar features are old and mostly irrelevant. And most other Disney properties are more untested than PH.

jt04

I'm betting on a bold, new Toon Town.

The thought makes me sick. I'd rather see a Pixar Town or a Marvel Town. I'm being sarcastic but it would make as much sense as the Fab 5 in the FF.

Dumbo is the transition as of the latest. The area in question is north of Dumboland. You might have the original blueprint. Unless they remove the raceway there is no room for what you suggest.

jt04

My thinking is that there was a minor uproar over moving the Fab 5 out of MK. And they already have parts (Mickey's and Minnie's houses) that can be repurposed. A new Toon Town reusing parts of the old Toon Town has to be cheaper than something made from scratch. The Fab 5 appeals to kids of all ages and genders. I think they will make it work.

Plus, what else are they going to put in there? Pixar doesn't belong. Non-Pixar features are old and mostly irrelevant. And most other Disney properties are more untested than PH.

With all due respect this is like putting the Nemo show in DAK. Theming-wise it is just all wrong. Thanks Eisner, for the parting gift. :rolleyes::lol:

I'm leaving this thread. It isn't suppsed to be for debating this stuff.:wave:

IWant2GoNow

Yea, I've been racking my brain trying to think of something else to put there ever since I heard the large scale PH was toast. But like I said earlier the only things I came up with were either not very good fits or were too irrelevant for Disney to consider. However I think a Pocahontas dark ride may work. You could sit in a canoe and go through indoor/outdoor aspects. (Might be a hassle with FL rain though.)

The thought makes me sick. I'd rather see a Pixar Town or a Marvel Town. I'm being sarcastic but it would make as much sense as the Fab 5 in the FF.

Dumbo is the transition as of the latest. The area in question is north of Dumboland. You might have the original blueprint. Unless they remove the raceway there is no room for what you suggest.

It makes you sick? I think that's a bit rash but you're entitled.

I was picturing the new Toon Town replaced where PH was going in the artwork and then Dumbo would be south of that. Plenty of room to me... and apparently to Disney as well since they concepted the artwork that way. :shrug:

lebeau

With all due respect this is like putting the Nemo show in DAK. Theming-wise it is just all wrong. Thanks Eisner, for the parting gift. :rolleyes::lol:

I'm leaving this thread. It isn't suppsed to be for debating this stuff.:wave:

Wasn't aware I was debating anything. I was just making my best (semi-)educated guess as to what could replace PH in the FLE. I'm not even saying that's what I would want (largely because I don't care). It just seems the most likely to me.

Odds are I'm wrong since it's a guess. But if I had to bet what the replacement for PH would be, Toon Town 2.0 would be my best guess.

lebeau

Yea, I've been racking my brain trying to think of something else to put there ever since I heard the large scale PH was toast. But like I said earlier the only things I came up with were either not very good fits or were too irrelevant for Disney to consider. However I think a Pocahontas dark ride may work. You could sit in a canoe and go through indoor/outdoor aspects. (Might be a hassle with FL rain though.)

Disney's got plenty of source material to draw from. They just seem to have very little interest in going back into the hand drawn animation archives (excepting where the lucrative princess franchise is concerned). I'd be pleasantly surprised if they went back and pulled inspriration from the classics.

I like your Pocahontas idea, but it seems almost as girl-centric as PH. And PH is much more marketable.

Toon Town (thematic fit or no) just rises above every other concept I can come up with.

Disney's got plenty of source material to draw from. They just seem to have very little interest in going back into the hand drawn animation archives (excepting where the lucrative princess franchise is concerned). I'd be pleasantly surprised if they went back and pulled inspriration from the classics.

I like your Pocahontas idea, but it seems almost as girl-centric as PH. And PH is much more marketable.

Toon Town (thematic fit or no) just rises above every other concept I can come up with.
We wont know what will replace PH or be in the east side of the expansion until more announcements are made.

IWant2GoNow

Yea, you're right there.

Whatever they are scheming up seemed to be either more along the lines of boyish or at least a better aim at mixed-gender (not RuPaul). So yea, Toon Town would fit the bill. Maybe they could make it appear as though FF is in the toons backyards? Like have a thick row of trees separating FF from the backyards of their houses?

Imagineers are intelligent, I know they'd figure something out if this was the direction they went with. :animwink:

ryanduggers

I have said this before

lose the tents, keep the houses, the boat and don't retheme the Barnstomer

put a silly symphonies dark ride where the tents are. Use the area between the houses as an entrance.

move the Dumbos where PH was supposed to be (the circus comes to toon town)

what ever space is left make a better toon town

if there is any space left after that make a PH like DL.

that was easy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom