Upcoming/Rumored Projects

Beholder

@Lee. I liked Dreamfinder, but I agree, a high quality, well designed attraction is ultimately what's needed. EPCOT, as it stands now, needs to move forward in updating and reinvigorating it's current line up.

I love Figment, and would hate to see one the few remaining original characters from EPCOT's
early days go away.

dxwwf3

@Lee. I liked Dreamfinder, but I agree, a high quality, well designed attraction is ultimately what's needed. EPCOT, as it stands now, needs to move forward in updating and reinvigorating it's current line up.

I love Figment, and would hate to see one the few remaining original characters from EPCOT's
early days go away.

And I think that is my point. Figment needs to stay and have an attraction worthy of the character, but he works a lot better with another strong character and Dreamfinder is an easy, perfect fit. We don't need a shot for shot recreation of the original attraction. We need something better.

Thelazer

Because, clearly having a teddy bear named Duffy is in higher demand by guests that a cute purple figment. Or because clearly, they can't even GIVE the damn bear away.. let alone figment stock sells out quite often.
.... but, nah.. who needs DreamFinder and Figment.. :(

NoChesterHester

Our society has learned to be cautious of overweight bearded men dressed in all purple that carry puppet dragons and really enjoy children. So bringing back a garish character from 25 years ago is the answer?

Of all the things to want... My head hurts.

tinkerbell1620

WOW!!! How ignorant are you. Brazil and Mexico are absolutely nothing alike. They dont even speak the same language, have completely different cultures, heritage, geographies, etc.... the list goes on and on. Also they are the fourth largest country in the world. They should absolutely be included.

Another country which would be great would be India, with a Taj Mahal! That would be fantastic. Great food and the opportunity for numerous rides, and a great place for the Jungle Book characters to be!
i think brazil would be great.. even india! the taj mahal would be amazing! the only downfall for india is, i dont know how much curry food i could eat.

doctornick

Nah...I don't think it would move the needle at Epcot a bit after the initial hardcore fan rush.
The general public, and many fans, don't care about Dreamfinder as a character. They just want a high-quality attraction, which the current version is not.

I generally agree. The current Imagination ride is pretty lame IMHO. They should improve it and I hope they retain Figment who is great character. Whether any sort of renovation includes Dreamfinder, I'm apathetic about. If they improve the ride and it includes Dreamfinder, that's cool, and if it doesn't include it, that's fine too. I don't think any renovation should be based on the idea of "how can we bring Dreamfinder back?"

dxwwf3

I generally agree. The current Imagination ride is pretty lame IMHO. They should improve it and I hope they retain Figment who is great character. Whether any sort of renovation includes Dreamfinder, I'm apathetic about. If they improve the ride and it includes Dreamfinder, that's cool, and if it doesn't include it, that's fine too. I don't think any renovation should be based on the idea of "how can we bring Dreamfinder back?"

That's very true too. Either way it is time to do the pavilion the right way again.

RSoxNo1

Original Poster
Nope.
Keep the dragon, but let the dated bearded guy go.
Here's the thing, the current version of Figment isn't what we want. I want the Billy Barty version of Figment. The one that's hyper, but curious as opposed to the one that's cracked out and annoying.

I think Figment needs a character to reel him in similar to how the Dreamfinder reeled him in, but a guy in a labcoat (sorry Eric Idle) isn't the way to go. They were presumably going for a Willy Wonka type with the original Dreamfinder someone with his own degree of whimsy yet has managed to control it. I'd love to see a character based on some of the longtime imagineers.

Beholder

Ok, instead of Dreamfinder, we bring in his evil brother, Nightmare. Instead of introducing us to the possibilities of a vivid imagination, he shows us the dark side of a twisted imagination. Horror, torture, psychological terror, fear on an epic scale!

Ok, that was a joke, but I one of the things I liked so much about the original was the different aspects of imagination, good and not so good.

Regardless of what each of us wants, I think we all agree that it's current form is a pale shadow of it's former self.

tinkerbell1620

figment was one of my favorites as a kid, i will never forget the final scene with the rainbow and hot air balloon. im growing to hate that ride and i only do it when soaring and test track have long waits or if im trying to avoid the rain. its not fun! also the honey i shrunk the audience, UGH! that whole part of the park needs alot of work. i think the countries are fine as is ( for now ) give EPCOT some love with some more ATTRACTIONS!

Magenta Panther

Ok, instead of Dreamfinder, we bring in his evil brother, Nightmare. Instead of introducing us to the possibilities of a vivid imagination, he shows us the dark side of a twisted imagination. Horror, torture, psychological terror, fear on an epic scale!

Ok, that was a joke, but I one of the things I liked so much about the original was the different aspects of imagination, good and not so good.

Regardless of what each of us wants, I think we all agree that it's current form is a pale shadow of it's former self.

I think your idea is freaking brilliant! Dreamfinder and Nightmare - that would make a great animated film, as well as a terrific attraction! Why doesn't TDO think of stuff like this?

Magenta Panther

figment was one of my favorites as a kid, i will never forget the final scene with the rainbow and hot air balloon. im growing to hate that ride and i only do it when soaring and test track have long waits or if im trying to avoid the rain. its not fun! also the honey i shrunk the audience, UGH! that whole part of the park needs alot of work. i think the countries are fine as is ( for now ) give EPCOT some love with some more ATTRACTIONS!

Yes, I agree! I love Norway's Maelstrom ride, and I like the Three Caballero ride in San Angel Inn. More countries should have their own attractions. I've long argued for a Yellow Submarine ride in Great Britian, for instance. :)

Magenta Panther

No, they really don't.
I love it when young people get excited about things they never experienced...

True, I wasn't fortunate enough to ride on the original attraction - just the sad travesty it is today...but I have seen the videos of the original ride on Youtube, and I thought it was pretty amazing. And Dreamfinder, after all, is an original Disney creation, and I think it's a shame Disney isn't doing more with it.

Beholder

I think your idea is freaking brilliant! Dreamfinder and Nightmare - that would make a great animated film, as well as a terrific attraction! Why doesn't TDO think of stuff like this?

Thanks, but the fear aspect may be a bit much for some, but I do like the idea of imaginations full scope, when it inspires creation and works of beauty juxtaposed against the all to real flip side of imagination, the one that brings us some of the more unsavory things in life. Probably a bit to heavy handed or "serious", bit fun to think about...

TropicalFig8

I think the reason people loved the original was the storytelling. The characters,the plot and all the interactive things in the Imageworks. Sure I would love a new ride with characters just like Figment and Dreamfinder once the current ride is gone. Will we ever get an imagative ride again? Eh,not at the moment. But I trust imagineering and their plans for new rides.

J03Y

Epcot's not supposed to have MORE attractions. it shouldn't, it's not that kind of park. it's about experiences, not thrills

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom