UP credits

Animaniac93-98

No it means just what it says - it was too long. I make it a point to watch ALL the trailers before the film, the entire film and the credits. If it takes two hours to tell the story then fine take two hours, But this story could have been done in an hour, heck even in a short before another film. I love Disney and I love PIXAR, but just because they made it does not make it good. Wall-E was great, but before it Ratatouille was boring. To each his own. An opinion was asked and I gave one. Of course I think my opinion is the only correct one :animwink:

This is a call to all filmmakers: If you want to entertain us great but if you want to showcase how brilliant you can be put your crap in an arthouse theater."

The movie was 96 minutes including about 10 minutes of end credits, I'd like to know where in the movie you felt there was an issue with pacing which made the movie feel longer to you. And what made this movie for you "arthose theater"? It was a good crowd pleasing Pixar movie not a rotoscoped college drop student out study on philosophy.

EpcotServo

The movie was 96 minutes including about 10 minutes of end credits, I'd like to know where in the movie you felt there was an issue with pacing which made the movie feel longer to you. And what made this movie for you "arthose theater"? It was a good crowd pleasing Pixar movie not a rotoscoped college drop student out study on philosophy.

I won't proceed to get started down this road, you can take it from here...
:dazzle: :lol: :wave:

Animaniac93-98

I won't proceed to get started down this road, you can take it from here...
:dazzle: :lol: :wave:

I'm just throwing it out there to see what wacky response he'll come up with.

The film has a 98% approval rating on RT, a 9.1/10 rating on IMDB and has made $68 million so far this past weekend. Whatever his opinion may be it's a minority anyway.

Back on Topic, it's likely just for the costumes and pre-parade floats, but I'm sure this team would be re-assembled and refered too if an attraction were made based on this film.

ntoeman

I saw this in the credits but didnt think much of it considering all of the advertising and parade work there is....who knows though?? Only time will tell...

mhead

HE was just stating his opinion - thought that was what this discussion was about.

I watched the movie with 12 people in a private showing - 4 of those were kids ages 4 to 5 and the kids lost interest QUICKLY. According to my friend that OWNS the theater we were in, the movie has garnered mediocre responses from patrons. Again - this is just my opinion of the film - it does not have to be yours.

I am well aware of the reviews for the film and the approval rating - but that doesn't mean that I thought it was good. I tend to watch and judge for myself. Didn't know I would get such RUDE and condescending comments for giving my opinon which was asked for in an earlier post.

EpcotServo

HE was just stating his opinion - thought that was what this discussion was about.

I watched the movie with 12 people in a private showing - 4 of those were kids ages 4 to 5 and the kids lost interest QUICKLY. According to my friend that OWNS the theater we were in, the movie has garnered mediocre responses from patrons. Again - this is just my opinion of the film - it does not have to be yours.

I am well aware of the reviews for the film and the approval rating - but that doesn't mean that I thought it was good. I tend to watch and judge for myself. Didn't know I would get such RUDE and condescending comments for giving my opinon which was asked for in an earlier post.

I'm sorry if I've offended you in any way. I'm sincerely trying to walk away from the comment "According to my friend that OWNS the theater we were in, the movie has garnered mediocre responses from patrons." and will do so immediately...

Kwit35

I saw the park and 360 thing too. Was very curious as to what that ment. As for the movie...we loved it. It was sweet, funny, and heartwarming. Great animation, lovable characters. We enjoyed the short as well.

SirGoofy

Up is a spectacular piece of cinematic art. Plain and simple. One of Pixar's very best. And how the heck can a 96 minute movie be too long...?:veryconfu

NX2I85

We just got back from seeing Up. I thought it was absolutely brilliant. The opening minutes pulled me right into the story, and even at the end I wanted to know what the next chapter of their story was. The technical acheivment is not to be overlooked. Pixar outdid themselves with the depiction of the human characters. It was a great story well told.

Up is a spectacular piece of cinematic art. Plain and simple. One of Pixar's very best. And how the heck can a 96 minute movie be too long...?:veryconfu

Storytelling the way Disney used to do it. Way beyond my expectations. Absolutely terrific. Pixar has outdone themselves.

Agree with potential AC tie-in, if only...

birdie4015

I didn't get the trailer for "The Princess and the Frog". I however am looking forward to seeing that in the fall. "UP" was wonderful, and the detail that they had was outstanding. Everything was Absolutely terrific and I can't wait to see it again.

NewfieFan

I know this is going to sound like typical me but while I was watching UP yesterday I thought to myself, they could use the Adventurers Club during the day when it wouldn't be open for one of those kids programs. Make it like one of those programs they have at the resorts, I think there is a pirate one at Caribbean Beach? But theme this one to the Wilderness Explorers, they could have lecturers and cool things to learn about being an Explorer and at the end of the day they could receive their very own bottle cap badge. Heck, they could even have one of those stores where you could dress you kid up as an Adventurer/Explorer next to the AC. This way Disney could generate money during the day, than at night open it back up as the regular Adventurers Club. It's a win-win for the fans and Disney.

I know my kids would love a bottle cap badge - very cute idea! My 5 year old liked the movie but my 3 year old lost interest in a few parts. I think the story was great but some parts were not for young children! Then again, it is PG rated... which makes sense! I did fall in love with the characters however! I loved Doug the dog... he was too funny! I'm hoping to see some great merch come out of this movie...!

I'd love to see Up in the parks but I'm still waiting to see Wall E in the parks! :(

dreamfinder

Towards the end of the credits, several people are listed under the heading of Theme Parks & 360. Surely these people were paid and credited because they worked on something that would relate to UP and the Parks as that's why they have that job title. ...

Sounds to me more like a generic synergy department. Obviously with an aim to get tie in/attractions in the parks, but more something that ties all 360 degrees of the company together. As a PP said, it could be as simple as navigating the murky waters of getting banners/signage approved and installed at the parks, or making sure that the characters developed for meet and greets are accurate to the character models. That being said, I'm all for NEW attraction development, wherever it may come from.

I-4Warrior

I loved UP, and actually wished it was longer than its run-time. I can see how kids 4 or 5 may be bored, as there was more adult sentimentality in this than in a lot of other Disney or Pixar films and little kids just won't get it and it did have some rather intense sequences. However, it was a PG movie, not a G, and some things in a PG are generally going to be too out there (whether intensity or thematically) for a little one.

The trailer for The Princess and the Frog however looks like a steaming pile. Some of the visuals look excellent, but every line of dialogue coming from the characters just left their mouths and fell flatly to the ground. I hope I end up being wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom