UP credits

Soundstage'95CP

Original Poster
So, I'm posting this under "news and rumors" because what is seen in towards the end of the credits in UP will certainly lead to rumors and speculation.
Towards the end of the credits, several people are listed under the heading of Theme Parks & 360. Surely these people were paid and credited because they worked on something that would relate to UP and the Parks as that's why they have that job title. So go watch UP, sit through the credits and look for this and then come back and let us know what you think Disney has UP their sleeves.
My guess: a living character initiative...maybe Kevin roming the parks. Or a re-theme of sorin' where instead of hangliding, you're flying through the air by balloon power.

EpcotServo

This was also in Wall-e, so don't think too much about it.

They always give credit to all divisions in Pixar, now including the teams that aide with movie-related things that end up in the park, such as Meet & Greets, Gallerys, Banners, and things of that nature.

:wave:

wickedfan07

While I have no idea what these people actually did/will do, I do know there was a similar section in the Wall-E credits last year. there was also a thread posted that resembls this one very closely. We would up with a Wall-E animatronic, so this could be promising, but who really knows for sure?

Figment1986

But a whole DIVISION for it??? Weird.

well Wall-E included that credit, and they created the loving character Wall-E that toured America... and was on the VIEW :eek:.

Perhaps this is a sign they did something in blue sky for UP... and it could take time for it to come out... since they already have the DVD credits in there too :drevil:

Thrill Seeker

Obvious tie in... CHARACTERS IN FLIGHT!!!! hehehehehe....

Yeah that would make sense, but since that isn't technically in a park and because it just opened, I doubt it will be re-themed...

The notion of an Up themed version of Soarin' would actually be pretty awesome. Maybe we can get that version as a WDW exclusive?

JWG

On a side note, the movie was decent. Not my favorite Pixar film but still good. It was the first movie we've taken our daughter to at a theater (She's 3 in August) and it retained her attention which I guess is a marker of success.

Of course, give her popcorn and a Sprite and she'd probabaly watch C-SPAN2 happily :lol:.

NMBC1993

I know this is going to sound like typical me but while I was watching UP yesterday I thought to myself, they could use the Adventurers Club during the day when it wouldn't be open for one of those kids programs. Make it like one of those programs they have at the resorts, I think there is a pirate one at Caribbean Beach? But theme this one to the Wilderness Explorers, they could have lecturers and cool things to learn about being an Explorer and at the end of the day they could receive their very own bottle cap badge. Heck, they could even have one of those stores where you could dress you kid up as an Adventurer/Explorer next to the AC. This way Disney could generate money during the day, than at night open it back up as the regular Adventurers Club. It's a win-win for the fans and Disney.

EpcotServo

No. Too long - too scary in parts for kids - too long - most all funny parts in trailer - oh and it was too long.

"The movie was too long" - Layman's criticism for "I don't really watch films, I watch Trailers."
:brick::lol:

This is a call to all filmmakers: Make your films as long as they need to be to tell the story right.

jt04

I know this is going to sound like typical me but while I was watching UP yesterday I thought to myself, they could use the Adventurers Club during the day when it wouldn't be open for one of those kids programs. Make it like one of those programs they have at the resorts, I think there is a pirate one at Caribbean Beach? But theme this one to the Wilderness Explorers, they could have lecturers and cool things to learn about being an Explorer and at the end of the day they could receive their very own bottle cap badge. Heck, they could even have one of those stores where you could dress you kid up as an Adventurer/Explorer next to the AC. This way Disney could generate money during the day, than at night open it back up as the regular Adventurers Club. It's a win-win for the fans and Disney.

Now you are thinking. Nice idea.

mhead

"The movie was too long" - Layman's criticism for "I don't really watch films, I watch Trailers."
:brick::lol:

This is a call to all filmmakers: Make your films as long as they need to be to tell the story right.

No it means just what it says - it was too long. I make it a point to watch ALL the trailers before the film, the entire film and the credits. If it takes two hours to tell the story then fine take two hours, But this story could have been done in an hour, heck even in a short before another film. I love Disney and I love PIXAR, but just because they made it does not make it good. Wall-E was great, but before it Ratatouille was boring. To each his own. An opinion was asked and I gave one. Of course I think my opinion is the only correct one :animwink:

This is a call to all filmmakers: If you want to entertain us great but if you want to showcase how brilliant you can be put your crap in an arthouse theater."

jt04

No it means just what it says - it was too long. I make it a point to watch ALL the trailers before the film, the entire film and the credits. If it takes two hours to tell the story then fine take two hours, But this story could have been done in an hour, heck even in a short before another film. I love Disney and I love PIXAR, but just because they made it does not make it good. Wall-E was great, but before it Ratatouille was boring. To each his own. An opinion was asked and I gave one. Of course I think my opinion is the only correct one :animwink:

This is a call to all filmmakers: If you want to entertain us great but if you want to showcase how brilliant you can be put your crap in an arthouse theater."

It can be dangerous around here if you are not a group thinker. I thought your review was thoughtful.

Tink313

I thought is was very good, great even. It made me cry in the begining and my three year old did get scared at the end and he cheered when Mr. Fredricksen won (so hes okay :lol:).
Also to my surprised I liked Kevin & Dug

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom