News UP! A Great Bird Adventure Getting A Rewrite

Kman101

How about adding Kevin to the show? Anaheim got him. Let Dug and Russell go on a journey searching for him. During their journey they meet many other birds and Anika can help them. That type of script wouldn’t make sense, right?

Since they want to use IP, this one really shouldn't have been a struggle for them. They want IP but don't take the time or effort to do it right.

Cmdr_Crimson

Since they want to use IP, this one really shouldn't have been a struggle for them. They want IP but don't take the time or effort to do it right.

Well, if they could do one.....They could have done it around the Rio Characters making it the first Blue Sky Studios IP into the parks...IMO..
fgLayer_characters.png

Cmdr_Crimson

Hey, yeah. That dog would be *perfect*!

Well, yeah If it was anything the dog would not be in it...However changing the human characters to the one's from the movie would be the care takers and such.......Although the Blue Macaw is pretty much extinct...making this even more of a pickle...

richg35

I wish they’d bring back the old tour guide. He was great. Does he still work for Disney?

I googled "Guano Joe" walt disney world, and the first result is the guy's LinkedIn profile. It says he was a performer at WDW from Sept 1989 through January 2018. The end date coincides with the new show debuting. I hope he retired or left on his own choice and wasn't canned because they had no place for him once the show was rewritten. Although the latter wouldn't surprise me as I'm sure in the "shareholder value" Disney of today, a near 30-year employee is probably not viewed based on what talents they offer, but rather how much over budget their line item is compared to what they could pay a less experienced person in the same or similar role.

JohnD

I would make a point to see the old show every time I visited. Now I've seen the new show once. And once is enough, thank you.

JustInTime

I googled "Guano Joe" walt disney world, and the first result is the guy's LinkedIn profile. It says he was a performer at WDW from Sept 1989 through January 2018. The end date coincides with the new show debuting. I hope he retired or left on his own choice and wasn't canned because they had no place for him once the show was rewritten. Although the latter wouldn't surprise me as I'm sure in the "shareholder value" Disney of today, a near 30-year employee is probably not viewed based on what talents they offer, but rather how much over budget their line item is compared to what they could pay a less experienced person in the same or similar role.
That’s so sad. He was fantastic

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Have we gotten any coverage of the Diwali Version of Up? It supposedly debuted last Thursday, as the official WDW website says it's happening, but I haven't seen a single video or photo from any of the unofficial sites.

Me neither. I just skimmed a dozen YouTube vlogs of people's trip to the Animal Kingdom this past week and they video'd everything except attending UP. Apparently, no one goes there anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom