News UP! A Great Bird Adventure Getting A Rewrite

polynesiangirl

Well. I guess I don't feel so bad about missing out on this one in September after all. We always liked the old show; I knew there was a new script but hadn't been following the reaction! Guess I saved myself some time!

Maeryk

I hesitated to post this considering the source, but according to Clickbait, UP! A Great Bird Adventure will undergo rewrites due to poor guest response. Supposedly, the new version of the show will have a nighttime version, and according to the article, a comedian that does not work for Disney is being brought in to help fix the show. I'm curious as to what our trusted members here have to say about this.

EDIT: Confirmed in this post by Steve:

Bring back Bwana Joe.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Well, I sat thru this on our recent trip, and it actually wasn't too bad if you watched the birds and trainer and didn't focus on the characters. The kids in the audience seemed to like the characters more than the birds, anyway.

Kman101

Well, I sat thru this on our recent trip, and it actually wasn't too bad if you watched the birds and trainer and didn't focus on the characters. The kids in the audience seemed to like the characters more than the birds, anyway.

I find the re-write to be better. Not a high bar, mind you. But I don't think it's an epic disaster (and I didn't like the initial new show). But we all have different tastes, lol. I'd like better but it's not the worst :/

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I went apparently right after the script changed. It's good....if you're 5 years old. Oh and they had problems with the microphone equipment, so that spoiled the show a bit as well. The indian host lady was also WAAAAY too happy.

Kman101

She also has unbelievably white teeth that amplify the happiness lol. And I’m not teasing... just jealous!

Haven’t seen the rewrite but there’s no way it could be worse than before. I can’t get anybody in my family to rewatch the show so I guess I’ll have to stop by solo one day :).

I like the idea of the host being tied to the land, but for me it doesn't work only because it feels like she's a kindergarten or pre-school teacher talking overly happy and at you instead of to you. I don't mind the enthusiasm and I like the *idea* behind the host ... but it does need some work. It works a little better with the re-write but doesn't quite come together.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom