News UP! A Great Bird Adventure Getting A Rewrite

JohnD

A good show? Without any Disney IP tied into it??? Impossible. Don't you know that Disney guests customers WANT Disney movie IP in each and every attraction, ride, and nook-and-cranny at WDW? Disney Research surveys have said something vaguely within the same galaxy as that once or twice, so it has to be true.

:hilarious:

TOCPE82

I imagine the surveys are along the lines of:

Which Disney character would you like to see used in an attraction?

Then, someone in management says, "100% of survey respondents said they'd like to see Disney characters used in attractions."
This is how their surveys work. you get the survey to say what you want it to say

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This is how their surveys work. you get the survey to say what you want it to say

On Disney's payroll are several data analysts who run these surveys. So, Disney is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars every year for surveys, the results of which they almost never publicize.

So why would Disney spend all that money on sham surveys that nobody knows the results of anyway? You know how Disney loves to tighten their budgets.

The claim that the surveys are 'cooked' is just that a claim. Until you provide proof, you're just espousing a pretty illogical conspiracy theory.

geekza

On Disney's payroll are several data analysts who run these surveys. So, Disney is spending hundreds of thousands of dollars every year for surveys, the results of which they almost never publicize.

So why would Disney spend all that money on sham surveys that nobody knows the results of anyway? You know how Disney loves to tighten their budgets.

The claim that the surveys are 'cooked' is just that a claim. Until you provide proof, you're just espousing a pretty illogical conspiracy theory.
I know my original post was done in jest, simply because we constantly hear about Disney (and other companies) using survey data as if it was infallible and then still making questionable decisions. No need to get touchy.

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I know my original post was done in jest, simply because we constantly hear about Disney (and other companies) using survey data as if it was infallible and then still making questionable decisions. No need to get touchy.

I wasn't responding to you. My post clearly had the post I was responding to quoted.

Simba's Mom

I just hope the show doesn't close for a while-I have a FP+ to see it in about 3 weeks. Last time I went to see it, in May, about 10 minutes after the show was scheduled to start, a CM announced that there were technical difficulties and we didn't have a show after all. Maybe the birds were on strike, because the show was so bad they didn't want to perform!

Biff215

Don’t want to put words in his mouth, especially while on vacation, but @marni1971 has mentioned in the past that WDW uses surveys to suit their objectives. It doesn’t necessarily mean they’re “cooked”, but they do decide what to survey in the first place. I doubt Stitch or GMR were regular survey questions until they considered closing them.

TOCPE82

Any survey anywhere done by anyone suffer from bias, some intentional some not.

To think that Disney or any organization doesn't have people who might be motivated to back up the decisions that they have made or want to make is naive. I'm certain this occurs at least sometimes based on the wording of questions alone, which is something we do see to varying degrees. There's also the interpretation of data. It isn't a conspiracy theory, it's just the way business works.

That said, I'm sure a lot of their surveys that are legit, too. No need to get testy.

Tony the Tigger

I feel melon collie on occasion.

mellon collie.jpg

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Any survey anywhere done by anyone suffer from bias, some intentional some not.

To think that Disney or any organization doesn't have people who might be motivated to back up the decisions that they have made or want to make is naive. I'm certain this occurs at least sometimes based on the wording of questions alone, which is something we do see to varying degrees. There's also the interpretation of data. It isn't a conspiracy theory, it's just the way business works.

That said, I'm sure a lot of their surveys that are legit, too. No need to get testy.

You don't understand... there actually is a group of people on this forum who think all Disney surveys are a complete sham.

These days, yeah, I am indeed a bit touchy about actual Fake News (as opposed to news one doesn't like and so one labels it Fake News).

TOCPE82

You don't understand... there actually is a group of people on this forum who think all Disney surveys are a complete sham.

These days, yeah, I am indeed a bit touchy about actual Fake News (as opposed to news one doesn't like and so one labels it Fake News).

Haha, well the one I just took about my recent trip regarding how long I stayed and what parks I went to on what days seemed pretty on the up-and-up, haha.

I was more alluding to their use of surveys to justify decisions, like closing Pleasure Island. "Our guests said they wanted new restaurant and shopping experiences". Yeah, but I bet the survey didn't say at the cost of closing PI. Just like I would have said I'd love a Frozen attraction, but like hell if I knew it meant closing Maelstrom.

tissandtully

Don’t want to put words in his mouth, especially while on vacation, but @marni1971 has mentioned in the past that WDW uses surveys to suit their objectives. It doesn’t necessarily mean they’re “cooked”, but they do decide what to survey in the first place. I doubt Stitch or GMR were regular survey questions until they considered closing them.
They also weed out by preferred demographic, like if you say you’re an AP, you may end up not being able to finish the survey.

tissandtully

The new show was very underwhelming, but it did still show a lot of bird play. The new Indian performer was good though, but I feel like there were some awkward moments that were very unnecessary. I miss guano joe, they should definitely fit him or a reference to him in the rewrite.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom