News UP! A Great Bird Adventure Getting A Rewrite

matt9112

I really wish this was true because the show is horrible. I actually really enjoyed the old show and was really excited to see the new one and its so boring.

why would you get excited about disney shoving characters into a pre existing ride or show? it has never worked out well for the said ride or attraction.

matt9112

The current show is so awful I can't believe it's something that Disney implemented in 2018. The characters feel so tacked on and unnatural. Please bring back the Indian girl and the old man tour guide.

because they literally are tacked on lol. if the old show was getting stale or not surveying well thats fine tweak it up everything needs TLL eventually but the disney mantra of....underperforming? SHOVE AN IP in it! is getting old.

ZmBe13

I was at animal kingdom on 8-14, and we went to see the show..... we left halfway through to go see festival of the lion king instead :p.
We were like, are we gonna see any birds or just listen to you talk about them? The script was terrible, melodrama forced dry comedy snooze fest!

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I feel melon collie on occasion.

You sound like your suffering from a weird incline nation.

1535058301456.png

melon collie

aladdin2007

because they literally are tacked on lol. if the old show was getting stale or not surveying well thats fine tweak it up everything needs TLL eventually but the disney mantra of....underperforming? SHOVE AN IP in it! is getting old.

just proves how clueless chapek is. I cant wait for the day hes out of Disney and back in a mall where he belongs.

Radeksgrl

It’s crazy that we have a show about birds and they never bring out Kevin. I know she isn’t a real bird but it’s so bizarre to have Russel keep mentioning her every other line and we never see her. What was their thought process on keeping the bird charecter from Up out of a bird themed show?

Yeah, I couldn't believe that either, I thought it was a major oversight on the part of the creators of this new show. I mean it's a bird show based on Up, you would think it would be a no-brainer to have a physical representation of Kevin in the show.

For me, Kevin was the best part about that movie. I actually wish they had a character meet and greet with Kevin. I would love to get my picture taken with her!!! And then they could use the same costumed Kevin character in the show.

Last edited:

JohnD

It was that bad. Flights of Wonder was legitimately a top 10 WDW attraction for me, and this new awfulness was something I'd never see again.

Exactly. I went multiple times. Usually it had the same Guano Joe, although once it he was played by somebody else. (Hey, even the regular CM has to have a vacation). The bird trainer usually rotated but I had seen them both in various capacities at the show. It was a straight up bird show with a nice message. I wish they kept it.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Exactly. I went multiple times. Usually it had the same Guano Joe, although once it he was played by somebody else. (Hey, even the regular CM has to have a vacation). The bird trainer usually rotated but I had seen them both in various capacities at the show. It was a straight up bird show with a nice message. I wish they kept it.

A good show? Without any Disney IP tied into it??? Impossible. Don't you know that Disney guests customers WANT Disney movie IP in each and every attraction, ride, and nook-and-cranny at WDW? Disney Research surveys have said something vaguely within the same galaxy as that once or twice, so it has to be true.

geekza

A good show? Without any Disney IP tied into it??? Impossible. Don't you know that Disney guests customers WANT Disney movie IP in each and every attraction, ride, and nook-and-cranny at WDW? Disney Research surveys have said something vaguely within the same galaxy as that once or twice, so it has to be true.
I imagine the surveys are along the lines of:

Which Disney character would you like to see used in an attraction?

Then, someone in management says, "100% of survey respondents said they'd like to see Disney characters used in attractions."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom