News UP! A Great Bird Adventure Getting A Rewrite

Kman101

It's funny they decided to mess up a perfectly good show, now that have to spend more money to fix it

Eh. I know people loved it. It was fun, but I think shows need to be updated after so long. I know I'm clearly in the minority on that one. They could have kept a similar character like Joe though and even kept the whole stumbling in thing, but just with Russell and Dug. It was an easy change to make if they wanted to take an easy way out but they tried to cram like three ideas into one. It was disjointed. I mean, I agree with you the former show itself wasn't bad per say. I don't mind including Russell and Dug, but it needed to be more. I have no problem with the switch to Anika as the host though. But I knew when I saw her for the first time it'd be geared towards toddlers.

WDWTank

Eh. I know people loved it. It was fun, but I think shows need to be updated after so long. I know I'm clearly in the minority on that one. They could have kept a similar character like Joe though and even kept the whole stumbling in thing, but just with Russell and Dug. It was an easy change to make if they wanted to take an easy way out but they tried to cram like three ideas into one. It was disjointed. I mean, I agree with you the former show itself wasn't bad per say. I don't mind including Russell and Dug, but it needed to be more. I have no problem with the switch to Anika as the host though. But I knew when I saw her for the first time it'd be geared towards toddlers.
It needed Kevin. :)

The Empress Lilly

I thought the Tour Group Guide show a bit old and not all that great to begin with. I was all for a change, like you. But shoving in UP, in that part of the park, is mistaken.

Pocahontas to me remains the finest mix of animals and IP of DAK. Modest as it was. Perhaps because it was so low key.

beachlover4444

I would be happy with a re-write. Needs to be narrated by Mr. Fredrickson with Doug and Russell and the bird for a little humor. The show falls flat. It's great to be a learning show but the woman who is kinda the storyteller just doesnt cut it for us. Sorry if that was blunt but I've seen it live and on video and it's not up to Disney caliber

Kman101

I thought the Tour Group Guide show a bit old and not all that great to begin with. I was all for a change, like you. But shoving in UP, in that part of the park, is mistaken.

Pocahontas to me remains the finest mix of animals and IP of DAK. Modest as it was. Perhaps because it was so low key.

Yeah, UP isn't entirely a 'natural' fit there (though I can see why they chose it), but in terms of IP, I'm wasn't too bothered, the Wilderness Explorers thing and all that. But then I was because it was a lazy use of them. They aren't ultimately "needed". But yeah, the show needed an update either way.

Tony the Tigger

So adding IP to a show didn't invigorate it. And a proposed rewrite means this was noticed by management.

And obviously taking IP out wouldn’t fix it. A good show is a good show. If the characters from UP get more people, especially kids, to sit and watch - and the show is good – bingo!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The script sucks. Pure and simple.

"So, this is a show about birds and we're going to feature Disney IP into it, where should we start?"

"How about the first ten minutes containing almost no birds and we make a brand new Indian character tell us her backstory so we can be interested in her rather than the silly birds or the Disney characters!"

"Brilliant!!"

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
So, I've been to AK several times since the new show began, but have not seen it yet. FoW was never a must see each time for me, but occasionally I enjoyed spending the time to watch. Like any show, the allure goes away the more times you watch, but it was always entertaining and had the right bit of humor mixed with a story, and of course, the main attraction -BIRDS
Based on the overwhelming criticism of the UP version, I have no desire to watch. I'm happy to hear the news that a rework is being planned.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom