Unreleased Fantasyland Expansion Concept Art

cheezbat

Um...wasn't this thread about UNRELEASED FANTASYLAND CONCEPT ART? We got way off track worrying about what kind of ticket Mermaid will be. I just want to know more about the concept art.:lookaroun

TP2000

Um...wasn't this thread about UNRELEASED FANTASYLAND CONCEPT ART? We got way off track worrying about what kind of ticket Mermaid will be. I just want to know more about the concept art.:lookaroun

Here's the concept art again. It's for the Little Mermaid ride, which should be a nice D Ticket. :D

2433m20.jpg

rqviwp.jpg

Soft openings of the DCA version of this ride begin in four months. April, 2011. YouTube videos to follow.

pax_65

This looks like a nice addition to Fantasyland. It will kind of update things a bit, since the Fantasyland attractions all revolve around old, classic characters from the 40s, 50s, 60s (except Mickey's Philharmagic, which was also a nice addition). Ariel (1989 I think) is a young girl by comparison. lol.

It's hard to get too excited about the attraction itself until we hear more. Do we know anything about the technology that will be used or the number/quality of animatronics used?

I'll be really happy if the quality of the AAs and sets is on-par with Haunted Mansion (post refurb), which would make it a really solid D ticket. If it's more like Living Seas I'll be pretty disappointed.

twizzy17

Cant wait for FLE and reviews in April from DL. I know its hard to predict but how much of the expansion do you think will be visible when i go in June 2011?

S

stphnbogert

Cant wait for FLE and reviews in April from DL. I know its hard to predict but how much of the expansion do you think will be visible when i go in June 2011?

I think by June you'll probably see the facades being worked on for both batb and lm. probably construction on whats going on between them.

JustInTime

I think by June you'll probably see the facades being worked on for both batb and lm. probably construction on whats going on between them.

Since when are you an Insider?! I remember your Anna thread but what has changed? Do you have any proof of your recent posts? I am pretty curious. I would like to know a real timeframe for the facade work. But I really think we could see outside work faster if this keeps up. June seems late.

S

stphnbogert

Since when are you an Insider?! I remember your Anna thread but what has changed? Do you have any proof of your recent posts? I am pretty curious. I would like to know a real timeframe for the facade work. But I really think we could see outside work faster if this keeps up. June seems late.

Maybe you should read my post again. I clearly said I THINK. Not once in my post did I say I was an insider. I was making an estimate of what would be going on in June.

JeffH

the Living Seas without ANY CHARACTERS?
= Empty...
Nemo was a wonderful upgrade to the original sea cab 'ride', which featured...nothing...Crush, who is really responsible for the current popularity of the Living Seas is a cool attraction, dude. However, I did like the hydrolators, and it would have been great if the Nemo ride would have taken you down (in the last scene) to Seabase Alpha and at the exit you took the ( better entrance) hydrolators to leave (or as an alternate way to enter)...and half of that queue wait line for Nemo is a waste and could have been put into the ride.
As far as The little Mermaid goes, I hope it's long enough to be worth it...and a far a the entire FLE goes, I hope it's significant enough to counter Harry Potter. I also hope they find some inventive way to combine the princess meet and greets into one place/chateau so that you only have to wait in one line to see them, like now in toontown...splitting them up like they originally planned was insane. The mine car ride is brilliant, though.

TP2000

Hey, gang, this seems as good a thread as any to mention some new news on The Little Mermaid ride.

The Los Angeles Times today, in a broader story about the DCA main entrance extreme makeover getting underway this winter, mentioned that on January 27th the DCA Blue Sky Cellar will debut a "more elaborate display" of The Little Mermaid ride. Since the Blue Sky Cellar's first exhibit on the Mermaid ride offered up so much fodder for WDW fans here, this next update to the Mermaid exhibit should offer up more clues and more details about the ride. The exteriors may be dramatically different between DCA and WDW, but the interiors have been widely rumored to be nearly identical.

Let's hope the next big update to the Blue Sky Cellar exhibit deals more with the interior of the Mermaid ride rather than the DCA-specific exterior.

Of course, this all begs the question once again... Why doesn't the WDW Fantasyland Expansion project have its own version of a Blue Sky Cellar preview center?!? :confused:

IWant2GoNow

DWI thread?

I believe they are referring to the "Disneyroks fiasco" that happened a couple months ago. Where a poster named Disneyroks claimed that they were a "DWI" and that all of these new and wonderful things were in the works for WDW. Just a total troll and I would link the thread but I believe it has been axed as I could not find any posts for Disneyroks at all.

:hammer:

imagineer boy

= Empty...
Nemo was a wonderful upgrade to the original sea cab 'ride', which featured...nothing...Crush, who is really responsible for the current popularity of the Living Seas is a cool attraction, dude. However, I did like the hydrolators, and it would have been great if the Nemo ride would have taken you down (in the last scene) to Seabase Alpha and at the exit you took the ( better entrance) hydrolators to leave (or as an alternate way to enter)...and half of that queue wait line for Nemo is a waste and could have been put into the ride.
As far as The little Mermaid goes, I hope it's long enough to be worth it...and a far a the entire FLE goes, I hope it's significant enough to counter Harry Potter. I also hope they find some inventive way to combine the princess meet and greets into one place/chateau so that you only have to wait in one line to see them, like now in toontown...splitting them up like they originally planned was insane. The mine car ride is brilliant, though.

A character-less Living Seas could still be very popular if they gave it a good major upgrade and updating.

And no, LIttle Mermaid will not counter Potter in any way shape or form.

_Scar

A character-less Living Seas could still be very popular if they gave it a good major upgrade and updating.

Maybe but with a company like WDC, it's hard not to have a mascot.

And TLM was never meant to counter Potter. All the Potter-counters were killed by TDO =/

TP2000

I heard we were getting one in the One Man's Dream building. But thanks for just coming here and rubbing it in though.

You're welcome. :lol:

But seriously, let's hope with this updated exhibit next month they are going to focus on the interior of the attraction and its sets, rather than show more about the exterior of the DCA building. More interior information would satisfy the fans on both coasts, I imagine. Although the full track ride model that is in the Blue Sky Cellar now is great, especially in person when you peer into the little rooms, it has sections where the sets haven't been finished or detailed much. Counting down to January 27th....

Current Little Mermaid Ride Model Displayed at DCA Blue Sky Cellar
http://www./wp-content/uploads/2010/06/4695116132_40a95541da3.jpg

jt04

Since much of Potterlands attractions are restricted and LM will not be, (and neither will BatB, and neither will be Dumbo and neither will anything else in the new FL), I think your assumption is too narrow. Although it probably applies to your peer/age group. Of course the FLE is being designed with young families in mind as has been made clear by people like Lasseter.

jjharvpro

Though this is off-topic, it was still lengthily mentioned in this thread--The Living Seas is GREAT w/ Nemo in it. Seriously, now a whole new age group is attracted to it. WDI made a very smart move.

The Little Mermaid attraction will, in my opinion, be a D-ticket. A dark ride, a NEW dark ride w/ new technology, and it will hopefully be better than Nemo.

The Living Seas is great, but the Nemo ride alone would not suffice. Turtle Talk w/ Crush saved it.

jt04

Though this is off-topic, it was still lengthily mentioned in this thread--The Living Seas is GREAT w/ Nemo in it. Seriously, now a whole new age group is attracted to it. WDI made a very smart move.

The Little Mermaid attraction will, in my opinion, be a D-ticket. A dark ride, a NEW dark ride w/ new technology, and it will hopefully be better than Nemo.

The Living Seas is great, but the Nemo ride alone would not suffice. Turtle Talk w/ Crush saved it.

Agreed and a few minor changes would really improve the pavilion even more. For instance, disguising the exit so the 'underwater' illusion is maintained.

I think Mermaid will be closer to an E ticket than a D ticket. More Haunted Mansion than TSMM in scale and scope.

PS-Now I know a way the The Seas could be on par with The Land as a complete pavilion. But that will have to wait until I am spending more time in the Imagineering section. :cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom