Unpopular opinions about the parks?

J4546

The movement of the Yeti in Expedition Everest didn't add much. If I had to decide how to spend a fixed amount of money on maintenance at DAK, almost anything else you could think of would be a better way to spend it.

A Monsters Inc. Door Coaster would be the worst of the three Monsters Inc. rides around the world.

Mission: Space is very good.

Walt Disney World's Tomorrowland in 2023 is the best version of Tomorrowland at any Disney theme park today, and probably ever.
What are the 3 monsters Inc that exist now? I know about the monster Inc ride in CA, what are the other 2?

Twirlnhurl

What are the 3 monsters Inc that exist now? I know about the monster Inc ride in CA, what are the other 2?

I worded it poorly, I meant that there would be three Monsters, Inc. rides:
  1. Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek! at Tokyo Disneyland would be the best
  2. Monsters, Inc. Mike & Sulley to the Rescue! At Disney California Adventure would be second best
  3. Door Coaster at Disney's Hollywood Studios would be third best
I guess you could include Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor at Magic Kingdom if your definition of rides includes continuously running shows, but I think that would not be an unpopular opinion to predict the Door Coaster would be better.

Chef Mickey

The movement of the Yeti in Expedition Everest didn't add much. If I had to decide how to spend a fixed amount of money on maintenance at DAK, almost anything else you could think of would be a better way to spend it.

A Monsters Inc. Door Coaster would be the worst of the three Monsters Inc. rides around the world.

Mission: Space is very good.

Walt Disney World's Tomorrowland in 2023 is the best version of Tomorrowland at any Disney theme park today, and probably ever.
The yeti take is flat out wrong.

Snake

The last great, groundbreaking ride introduced to WDW was Toy Story Mania. This was the last ride that actually wow'ed me, everything else thereafter, not so much. The original version of Animal Kingdom Dinosaur (much more intense ride) was superior to the DL Indiana Jones ride.

TomboyJanet

The last great, groundbreaking ride introduced to WDW was Toy Story Mania. This was the last ride that actually wow'ed me, everything else thereafter, not so much. The original version of Animal Kingdom Dinosaur (much more intense ride) was superior to the DL Indiana Jones ride.
My unpopular opinion is that tsm is kinda meh. It has a lot to do with the very long slow and uninteresting queue at least in Ca I didn't have time to do it in FL cuz of the dumb hurricane, but that line seems to go soooo slow. There's also very little to the ride that I can't just see being in Dave and Busters. I also want to really emphasize that there is nothing to see in the Ca queue if you're not near Potato Head. It's just some things that look like clean versions of buildings in a Six Flags section labeled "boardwalk" or "action alley"

FettFan

Unpopular Opinion:
Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure could have been repurposed into a better Toy Story atmosphere than the actual "Toy Story Land".
Honey-I-Shrunk-the-Kids-Adventure-Zone_Full_27225.jpg

Leighcat

My 'hot take': I'd much rather WDW fix their attractions and restore the quality they USED to have...including the yeti... before they go out and build overpriced IP rides like Guardians of the Galaxy.
But you have to admit that Guardians is a great ride.

Twirlnhurl

My 'hot take': I'd much rather WDW fix their attractions and restore the quality they USED to have...including the yeti... before they go out and build overpriced IP rides like Guardians of the Galaxy.
To clarify my initial point about Yeti not being very important to fix: I think maintenance and show quality are extremely important. But I would have the yeti be very low on the list of things to fix, even if we were limiting out maintenance priorities to show elements in Expedition Everest.

Broken effects in Everest that add more to the experience than the yeti include:
- The steam effect in the train at load
- The fog effect higher up the mountain before the twisted track

And I do want to display my credentials a bit regarding the yeti: I went on the ride dozens of times (maybe around 100 times?) prior to the yeti going into perminant B mode.

I was in high school and had just gotten my first WDW annual pass about six months before Everest opened. At the time, my friend group would go to the parks to primarily do the thrill rides. So after Everest opened, we would rope drop DAK and do a couple of laps on the ride while waiting for our fastpass window, and once the Ling got a little longer, would lap the ride in the singles line. We would typically do 8-10 rides on Everest per visit. (As an aside, we would do the same with Mission: Space, before the Green Team version of the ride opened, it had a single rider line and we would do a lap every 15 minutes!)

Anyway, I guess I am saying that my opinion of the yeti comes from having experienced the ride many, many times with it working and afterwords. Seeing it a video is not the same thing as seeing it in the ride.

DisneyFanatic12

To clarify my initial point about Yeti not being very important to fix: I think maintenance and show quality are extremely important. But I would have the yeti be very low on the list of things to fix, even if we were limiting out maintenance priorities to show elements in Expedition Everest.

Broken effects in Everest that add more to the experience than the yeti include:
- The steam effect in the train at load
- The fog effect higher up the mountain before the twisted track

And I do want to display my credentials a bit regarding the yeti: I went on the ride dozens of times (maybe around 100 times?) prior to the yeti going into perminant B mode.

I was in high school and had just gotten my first WDW annual pass about six months before Everest opened. At the time, my friend group would go to the parks to primarily do the thrill rides. So after Everest opened, we would rope drop DAK and do a couple of laps on the ride while waiting for our fastpass window, and once the Ling got a little longer, would lap the ride in the singles line. We would typically do 8-10 rides on Everest per visit. (As an aside, we would do the same with Mission: Space, before the Green Team version of the ride opened, it had a single rider line and we would do a lap every 15 minutes!)

Anyway, I guess I am saying that my opinion of the yeti comes from having experienced the ride many, many times with it working and afterwords. Seeing it a video is not the same thing as seeing it in the ride.
They did seem to fix the steam in the loading area when it got refurbed… it’s been working when I’ve been there the last few times. As for the tunnel steam, it would be fun to see but it supposedly caused issues with the sensors…

I do agree that the Yeti is comparatively not a big issue. Bigger issues include things like the fact that every last one of the RoR animatronics have been broken on and off recently.

Chef Mickey

Agreed, but at least Guardians is a good ride. So many of the replacement and new rides have been mediocre like Tron, all of Toy Story Land, Smuggler's Run, 7DMT, etc. Even the Mickey ride, while "OK" replcaced a favorite and was a lazy route to a "new" ride.

Splash4eva

Agreed, but at least Guardians is a good ride. So many of the replacement and new rides have been mediocre like Tron, all of Toy Story Land, Smuggler's Run, 7DMT, etc. Even the Mickey ride, while "OK" replcaced a favorite and was a lazy route to a "new" ride.
As good as the ride is its far from a “family” roller coaster… it alienates a decent amount of the guests who come there

Splash4eva

Not wrong, but my nieces are really young and ride it without problem. It's really only an under 5 exclusion and it's pretty awesome for what we've gotten lately. It's probably the best attraction since Everest.
I know plenty who cant/wont ride it because of being worried with the rotation and getting dizzy etc. ill be honestly i skipped it when we went bc of said reason. I ended up with an early boarding group unfortunately and right after breakfast. Was not taking the chance lol

The Empress Lilly

Unpopular Opinion:
Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie Set Adventure could have been repurposed into a better Toy Story atmosphere than the actual "Toy Story Land".
Honey-I-Shrunk-the-Kids-Adventure-Zone_Full_27225.jpg
Yes. Your miniaturisation in TSL doesn't result in any feeling of being lost, of feeling feeble, of being slighlty intimidated by all that sudden big stuff around you. You're not immersed, not enveloped. Mainly the effect is not of the spectator being miniaturised, but of objects being enlarged. No real exploring or discovering either. TSL is a stroll through oversized objects, not much more immersive than Pop Century.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom