Unpopular opinions about the parks?

NelsonRD

I don't like shows without live music. I have grown tired of people dancing around to recorded music. Which is also why I do not watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Lip Sync Parade.

When I was a kid, I remember live bands in front of the castle. There should be more live entertainment in the parks, including adding a marching band to the parade.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

• Cosmic Rewind is better than Mission Breakout
  • BTMRR and Space Mountain are far better at DLR than at WDW
  • Toy Story Land is mediocre and could use improvements
  • Disneyland After Dark is so much better than Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party combined

Lilofan

They do. They all buy snacks and balloons cause the kids are bored while they wait for the show to start. The “pre-parade” is all the ODV carts!
Minimal income for parks. What's nice is when thousands are waiting for parade to start , that's a better way to enjoy attractions . Speaking about waiting around, some families stake their spots by the lake in Epcot as early as 2pm for NYE fireworks 9 1/2 hours later.

DisneyFanatic12

Minimal income for parks. What's nice is when thousands are waiting for parade to start , that's a better way to enjoy attractions . Speaking about waiting around, some families stake their spots by the lake in Epcot as early as 2pm for NYE fireworks 9 1/2 hours later.
Some of them even rope drop the spots along the fence between the two stores! It’s crazy!

The Empress Lilly

When I was a kid, I remember live bands in front of the castle. There should be more live entertainment in the parks, including adding a marching band to the parade.
The MK had live music in every land! All appropriate to their setting too.

And two night parades and open until 1am. But back then Disney could afford it, because the MK drew half the crowds who paid a quarter the price. Wait....

BlakeW39

Original Poster

And two night parades and open until 1am. But back then Disney could afford it, because the MK drew half the crowds who paid a quarter the price. Wait....

🤢🤢🤢

don't even get me started. Cutting as many corners as possible in the parks and whining whenever they have to invest in them 🙄 you'd think Bob was broke

TrainsOfDisney

At Disneyland they still have the Pearly Band in fantasyland, pirate band and jazz band in New Orleans, piano player in Frontierland, Disneyland Band, and dapper dans, piano player, and strawhatters on Main Street.

And regularly open until midnight.

DisneyHead123

Toy Story Land is mediocre and could use improvements
I think the essential problem with Toy Story Land is the same as Dinoland. They’re not really places a person longs to be transported to. (The no shade situation doesn’t help Toy Story Land either.) I mean Toy Story is a cute movie franchise but I don’t think people sit around daydreaming to themselves “What a day. If only I were in a land that looked like my kid forgot to clean up their room again, with giant leering doll figures staring at me with vacant eyes. Aaaah.” Maybe kids love it, although personally I haven’t heard any kids rave about it either. It doesn’t feel like there’s enough for them to do there. (Totally should have included a Honey I Shrunk The Kids style playground, as if the participants were “toy sized”.)

Compare that with the quaint Americana themes at Magic Kingdom, the various “destination” themes at the resorts (New Orleans, Polynesian Islands, African Savanna, etc.), Animal Kingdom as a whole, World Showcase at Epcot, or Harry Potter at Universal.

Smiley/OCD

I don’t mind water from the drinking fountains but I despise when people use them to get their cooling towels wet.
Yes, believe it or not, I don’t make it a habit, but I find the tap water BETTER than Desani…that stuff is just purified tap water with salt added…👎

Animaniac93-98

Biergarten is the best themed restaurant

Out of all the restaurants deigned by WED, it's sad this doesn't get appreciated as much.

It's the German equivalent of Blue Bayou, and just as atmospheric, but with live music and dancing!

Maybe because the buffet itself is far from EPCOT's best food offering, so people are reluctant to go inside or think about it after.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom