Unpopular opinions about the parks?

PiratesMansion

Magic Kingdom is the worst castle park and is overrated af.
standing ovation oscars GIF by The Academy Awards

Twirlnhurl

Avengers Flight Force at WDSP is better than the DHS Rockin Rollercoaster and is a solid ride. Maybe top five for the resort overall.

iamgroot61

In the Parks
No
"Unpopular opinion" is a subjective thing. For example, my opinion of upcharge events (MNSSHP and the Xmas parties at MK and HS) is that they are just not worth the money. I think it's ridiculous to charge people obscene amounts of money for less than a full day in the park with marginal additions (candy, decorations <decorations that are in place for the whole season>, and seasonal character meet & greets for the most part). On top of that, regular park hours are reduced by the amount of time the event takes, depriving full-price ticket and AP customers of time they have reasonably paid for. I get that the company needs to make money, but feel they are crossing a line here. So yeah, my opinion will be unpopular with those who love these events and popular with the other side. LOL!

PiratesMansion

"Unpopular opinion" is a subjective thing. For example, my opinion of upcharge events (MNSSHP and the Xmas parties at MK and HS) is that they are just not worth the money. I think it's ridiculous to charge people obscene amounts of money for less than a full day in the park with marginal additions (candy, decorations <decorations that are in place for the whole season>, and seasonal character meet & greets for the most part). On top of that, regular park hours are reduced by the amount of time the event takes, depriving full-price ticket and AP customers of time they have reasonably paid for. I get that the company needs to make money, but feel they are crossing a line here. So yeah, my opinion will be unpopular with those who love these events and popular with the other side. LOL!
Somehow every other Disney resort is able to get by just fine including Christmas parades, shows, fireworks, etc. in a regular admission ticket. But obviously people "love" paying extra for these things, and so they're here to stay.

The Asian parks (i.e. the ones Disney is least involved in running) are also somehow able to offer completely free Halloween events with high-quality, event specific entertainment and draws. Funny how that works.

If people were more rational in how they spent their money, WDW wouldn't have these things.

Gearbm95

Unpopular opinion…I actually prefer the night events over a full day at the park. There’s usually considerably less children and the lines for attractions are non-existent.

McMickeyWorld

🌸OMG!🤭🌸
🌸 Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios are undoubtedly the parks with the worst theming. While Disney Studios is one thing, at least there has been shown interest in improving its quality. On the other hand, Magic Kingdom, despite its popularity, presents a cheap quality compared to other parks. Both deserve that the lands have an update as was done with Buena Vista Street.

🌸Shanghai's Storybook Castle fulfills the fairy tale fantasy more than Cinderella Castle in Magic-Tokyo. It is quite underrated, like a cake that, apart from having a great taste, is finely decorated.

🌸Disney should hire good designers to fill the park shelves with something much more than T-shirts with the generic logo of an IP, truly clothing that can be worn beyond being a kitschy souvenir, the same with toys. Stores should specialize again in offering unique products. For example, on Main Street USA, present toys that reflect the era. Imagine a set of the Trolley Show or vintage cars. In Fantasyland, you can offer more traditional things: wooden toys, Disney princess dolls made of different materials, some even simulating a porcelain finish.

🌸The current introduction of "new" IPs to the parks is not very different from when it was decided that Sleeping Beauty would own the castle in 1955 or that Davy Crockett would be the driver of Frontierland. Remember the parades and different events that were made for the release of Mulan-Hercules-The Hunchback. Frozen is already 10 years old, Tangled 13, Zootopia 8.

🌸Disney underestimates teenagers and young adults gen Z, even the first Gen Alpha, as a market for national parks, focusing mainly on millennials and alpha children. It is a shame that they did not take advantage of the Y2K revival from a few years ago as marketing.
🧁🌸🤔🧐🤭🌸🧁

Tom P.

Sure, I'll give it a go:
  • Doing rope drop at the parks is ridiculous. Why on Earth would you want to get up that early on vacation? I would much rather be in the parks late at night for an after-hours event than be at rope drop. And I think the parks are way more fun at night anyway.
  • Main Street Electrical Parade was and is awesome, should not be thrown in the trash heap, and should be brought back to Walt Disney World.
  • The food at WDW is still, on balance, very good and I look forward to dining there.
  • Dole Whips are way overrated.
And probably my single least popular opinion on these boards:
  • WDW is still an excellent vacation spot, worth the money, certainly better than any other theme park destination, and I still get more excited to go there than anyplace else.

Jrb1979

Sure, I'll give it a go:
  • Doing rope drop at the parks is ridiculous. Why on Earth would you want to get up that early on vacation? I would much rather be in the parks late at night for an after-hours event than be at rope drop. And I think the parks are way more fun at night anyway.
  • Main Street Electrical Parade was and is awesome, should not be thrown in the trash heap, and should be brought back to Walt Disney World.
  • The food at WDW is still, on balance, very good and I look forward to dining there.
  • Dole Whips are way overrated.
And probably my single least popular opinion on these boards:
  • WDW is still an excellent vacation spot, worth the money, certainly better than any other theme park destination, and I still get more excited to go there than anyplace else.
We do rope drop as I motivation for any park we visit is get on as many attractions as possible each day. If we want to relax, we will go to an all-inclusive resort. Theme park vacations are open to close almost every day. How else to you get to ride things more than once.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom