Unmagicial Moments

Monkee Girl

My experiences are mostly good. At least, what could be considered bad don't seem bad because I don't let them bother me...if that makes any sense....ANYWAY...most of my 'bad' experiences (and this is going to sound horrible) is due to the people I go with (family). Now, I love my family and we have some amazing memories...but sometimes, exhaustion or bad moods just always may the time in the parks torturous for me (which is why I prefer to hit the parks on my own)...

So my un-magical experience happened a few years ago when my sister traveled with us. I had planned on staying in MK till closing. My sister decided to join me, though I told her she didn't have too. The following happened:

1. She didn't prepare for the low temps from February nights. so she was freezing all night and too cheap to buy a sweatshirt. she could afford it...she's just cheap! So I had to listen to that

2. I wanted to watch the Electrical Parade and found a great spot by the HOP. She didn't want to wait...so complained the entire time we were wasting park time. I told her I would meet her afterward and she didn't want to split up. So we left the parade and went and did rides.

3. We went to Toon Town Fair and I decided I wanted to go meet the princesses. Sis seemed tired so I told her to wait out in the store till I came back. She insisted on coming. But I still had to hear her complain about being tired. We got in line to see Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle and at one point, I could have sworn I heard my sister say something rude to Snow White and I wanted to turn around and tell her 'that's a princess you are talking too!' but instead I shot her a dirty look. I don't remember what she said (I think Snow asked her how she was doing and sis responded back 'Cra**y', :eek: part of me wonders if I even heard her right because I can't believe my sis would say anything rude to a stranger, even if she were tired. Either way, I felt rushed and agitated at sis being there. Ruined my meet and greet.

4. We got out and were going to head home when we got barracaded behind Fantasy land due to the fireworks starting. We decided to go sit inside Pinocchio's so sis could warm up and rest. I couldn't stand sitting inside while the fireworks were going on so I went outside. Best display I have ever seen. Yea, castle front is cool but being behind or IN the show was amazing. Sis' mood couldn't spoil that awesome moment for me. A shame she refused to come out and see it with me.

5. Monorail was stuck on the tracks so we had to take the little boat back to the Poly. That with the already cooler temp made sis freezing. I told her that's what she got for wearing jeans and a t shirt.

She was miserable the whole evening and made me miserable in return. I would have had a better time had I just been by myself. I never even made park closing because I couldn't stand to be there with her any longer. I'll take standing in line with a bunch of scooter/stroller people any day. At least you can eventually get away from them. No getting away from rude/miserable family :D

4disneylovers

It's funny how a place with so many rude and disrespectful people can still be special to so many. I can write a book about clueless parents, entitled scooter riders, and selfish jerks, but I still want to go back. I guess I just learn to accept it.

My unmagical moment came a couple years back when we decided to splurge and go for a moderate resort. We stayed in POFQ in late Feb. The bus stop consisted of two covered areas with each one serving multiple parks. Well, people would gather up in random areas not knowing what bus anyone else was waiting for until the bus rounded the corner. Then, it was a free-for-all. People who had just walked up would rush right up to the loading spot and force their way on. While I'm not afraid to voice my opinion, it got old having to speak up and tell these selfish jerks to wait their turns over the course of the week.

We were at POFQ in 2012 and this seemed to be such a foreign concept to me. I didn't understand why there was no "line" to know who was first and who wasn't. It didn't affect us because I was there with my 2 children and 85 year old Grandmother who was in a wheelchair. So we were to stand in the designated wheelchair square and were loaded first. I remember thinking I was glad I didn't have to try to fight for my spot on the bus.

EvanAnderson

You know, some people confuse unmagical moments for rules. A cm who doesn't let a kid on who's too short isn't being unmagical, they're doing their job. A cm who doesn't let a family in to a ride at 11:05 when it closed at 11 isn't being in unmagical, they're just doing their job. When I worked at Soarin, we had an irrate guest make his daughter frown at us as she walked past and he thanked us all for ruining their night because she was too short. (Reason # 62 why I now work backstage)

ElvisMickey

M unimaginable moment happened on our last trip when a woman accused us of talking bad about her mother in a scooter! :eek: My wife went off on her to say the least! Lol

Don't get me started...I was at the MK this past Saturday right after the park opened. Walking down Main Street, my party and I decided to walk into one of the stores on the left side of the street. All of a sudden, this old man in a scooter comes speeding down the sidewalk out of nowhere and literally almost ran into us before jamming on his break. Then he proceeds to yell at US, saying how we're stupid for walking in front of him. I'm pretty good at ignoring people who run their mouths so we just kept it moving. But first of all, there are a million people walking around and things to look at. If I decide to take a left and walk into a store on Main Street, I can only see what's right around me at the time. I'm not expecting old, cranky *ss Mr. Toad to come barrelling down the sidewalk in his run away scooter. Watch your speeed. Second of all, I'm sorry that you have the need to be in a scooter in a crowded theme park but I have news for you, just like when you're driving, pedestrians have the right away. My point is, whether you're walking or in a scooter, don't act like an entitled, obnoxious guest.

Hockey89

My experiences are mostly good. At least, what could be considered bad don't seem bad because I don't let them bother me...if that makes any sense....ANYWAY...most of my 'bad' experiences (and this is going to sound horrible) is due to the people I go with (family). Now, I love my family and we have some amazing memories...but sometimes, exhaustion or bad moods just always may the time in the parks torturous for me (which is why I prefer to hit the parks on my own)...

So my un-magical experience happened a few years ago when my sister traveled with us. I had planned on staying in MK till closing. My sister decided to join me, though I told her she didn't have too. The following happened:

1. She didn't prepare for the low temps from February nights. so she was freezing all night and too cheap to buy a sweatshirt. she could afford it...she's just cheap! So I had to listen to that

2. I wanted to watch the Electrical Parade and found a great spot by the HOP. She didn't want to wait...so complained the entire time we were wasting park time. I told her I would meet her afterward and she didn't want to split up. So we left the parade and went and did rides.

3. We went to Toon Town Fair and I decided I wanted to go meet the princesses. Sis seemed tired so I told her to wait out in the store till I came back. She insisted on coming. But I still had to hear her complain about being tired. We got in line to see Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, and Belle and at one point, I could have sworn I heard my sister say something rude to Snow White and I wanted to turn around and tell her 'that's a princess you are talking too!' but instead I shot her a dirty look. I don't remember what she said (I think Snow asked her how she was doing and sis responded back 'Cra**y', :eek: part of me wonders if I even heard her right because I can't believe my sis would say anything rude to a stranger, even if she were tired. Either way, I felt rushed and agitated at sis being there. Ruined my meet and greet.

4. We got out and were going to head home when we got barracaded behind Fantasy land due to the fireworks starting. We decided to go sit inside Pinocchio's so sis could warm up and rest. I couldn't stand sitting inside while the fireworks were going on so I went outside. Best display I have ever seen. Yea, castle front is cool but being behind or IN the show was amazing. Sis' mood couldn't spoil that awesome moment for me. A shame she refused to come out and see it with me.

5. Monorail was stuck on the tracks so we had to take the little boat back to the Poly. That with the already cooler temp made sis freezing. I told her that's what she got for wearing jeans and a t shirt.

She was miserable the whole evening and made me miserable in return. I would have had a better time had I just been by myself. I never even made park closing because I couldn't stand to be there with her any longer. I'll take standing in line with a bunch of scooter/stroller people any day. At least you can eventually get away from them. No getting away from rude/miserable family :D
Sure there is...Don't travel with them

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
It's funny how a place with so many rude and disrespectful people can still be special to so many. I can write a book about clueless parents, entitled scooter riders, and selfish jerks, but I still want to go back. I guess I just learn to accept it.

My unmagical moment came a couple years back when we decided to splurge and go for a moderate resort. We stayed in POFQ in late Feb. The bus stop consisted of two covered areas with each one serving multiple parks. Well, people would gather up in random areas not knowing what bus anyone else was waiting for until the bus rounded the corner. Then, it was a free-for-all. People who had just walked up would rush right up to the loading spot and force their way on. While I'm not afraid to voice my opinion, it got old having to speak up and tell these selfish jerks to wait their turns over the course of the week.

Curious. I completely understand the frustration. I was there for the FQ opening and on and off for the last 22 years. This is always how I've seen the FQ load. People stand in groups like you said randomly scattered about.
How does one know who was there first, second, third and so forth? They don't give out numbers, There isn't ever a queue at the FQ and people just tend to form some sort of bunched line when the bus pulls up to the yellow line. With all the guests in the covered bus stop for several parks I'd be hard pressed to keep inventory of who got there in what order for each park. Where at the parks to return to a resort there is an actual queue.

Not everyone visits Disney Parks for the thrill rides. Although you do not hold any esteem for the Tiki Room, many of us sentimental folks do. It is the classic attractions that differentiate the "happiest place on earth" and the "most magical place on earth" from all the other theme parks. Unmagical moments aside, Disney is still the place I prefer to go to make memories. They just need to work on fixing some problems. Hopefully, someone from Disney who has some authority is reading this thread.

Kamikaze

Not everyone visits Disney Parks for the thrill rides. Although you do not hold any esteem for the Tiki Room, many of us sentimental folks do. It is the classic attractions that differentiate the "happiest place on earth" and the "most magical place on earth" from all the other theme parks. Unmagical moments aside, Disney is still the place I prefer to go to make memories. They just need to work on fixing some problems. Hopefully, someone from Disney who has some authority is reading this thread.

I don't consider Splash or Space a 'thrill ride' in any way, shape or form.

Just because you like an attraction doesn't make it good. Tiki Room, taken as an attraction and leaving out any like/dislike/warm feelings/sentimental value, is not one of the top attractions. Period. Either is Peter Pan's Flight. Are they CLASSIC attractions? Absolutely. Do I ride PPF every time I go to WDW? Absolutely. But neither are 'the signature attraction' of WDW. That was my point.

BJones82

During our Early February trip in 2013 to WDW and IOA there was an abundance of line cutting by large groups. So on our last day in line for MAWTP at MK one person started in front of us and by the time we got to the dripping honey portion of the que the group had grown to 10-12 so as one more family member tried to squeeze past I went off on them. At the end of the day we went to customer relations just before we were leaving at midnight just to tell them our whole trip we were dealing with this. They were extremely nice and offered free fast passes but we had a long drive so we didn't take them and really didn't expect them to do anything for us about it. We just wanted our voices heard and we hoped they were... We will find out in Sept if it is any better... So this wasn't Disney's fault but still was kinda sucky...

I don't consider Splash or Space a 'thrill ride' in any way, shape or form.

Just because you like an attraction doesn't make it good. Tiki Room, taken as an attraction and leaving out any like/dislike/warm feelings/sentimental value, is not one of the top attractions. Period. Either is Peter Pan's Flight. Are they CLASSIC attractions? Absolutely. Do I ride PPF every time I go to WDW? Absolutely. But neither are 'the signature attraction' of WDW. That was my point.
Your point has deviated from the original spirit of this thread, which was to describe our unmagical moments. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and mine remains that Peter Pan's Flight is a signature attraction. The parks would simply be less magical without PPF and Disney should not be assigning their worst cast members to interact with guests in Fantasyland. I dislike Space Mountain because I prefer to receive my chiropractic adjustments the traditional way, but I would not say to other Disney fans that SM isn't a good attraction. Unlike you, I am not an instigator. Have a magical day!

Foltzy

During our Early February trip in 2013 to WDW and IOA there was an abundance of line cutting by large groups. So on our last day in line for MAWTP at MK one person started in front of us and by the time we got to the dripping honey portion of the que the group had grown to 10-12 so as one more family member tried to squeeze past I went off on them. At the end of the day we went to customer relations just before we were leaving at midnight just to tell them our whole trip we were dealing with this. They were extremely nice and offered free fast passes but we had a long drive so we didn't take them and really didn't expect them to do anything for us about it. We just wanted our voices heard and we hoped they were... We will find out in Sept if it is any better... So this wasn't Disney's fault but still was kinda sucky...

Like I mentioned in my post earlier. DO NOT LET ANYONE in front of you. Just say No. If they try and go around just step in front of them. They don't like it and will usually go back if you put up a fight. If they ask why say that they are taking up a spot on the ride. And are making you wait longer.

psukardi

Here's an unmagical moment. D23 Expo tickets went on sale today @ 1PM East Coast Time. DW was on the site right away ready to log in....VIP tickets sold out. Stuck with general admission. Doubt they will open more tickets up for it. :bawling:

We have been down to WDW almost every year since 2007 and have only had one unmagical moment. Took the grandkids down for their first trip to the ocean and the MK when they were 6, 8, and 11. We were staying offsite and had reservations for O'Hana. Being a Disney Geek I thought it would be fun to make it an adventure to get to the Poly. We parked at DD and took a bus, a monorail, and finally a boat to the remote island they would be dining on. Had a great time, even seated in front of the window so we could see the castle change colors. On the bus back, a woman sat in the back seat behind us. She started talking to the girls, and told them she was a CM and that she was Mickey and would see them in the park the next day. Then she asked where we were staying, then made a rude comment about offsite guests using Disney Transportation. Then told us she was going to get really drunk because she didn't enjoy her job. Luckily the kids didn't really pay any attention to her, but I was so upset. (This was in 2011 when parking was plentiful down by Cirque, would never do this now with the craziness at DD.) On the other hand, we have had tons of magical moments. Can't wait till my next visit!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom