Unmagicial Moments

cbettua

I would have to say last October, when I was holding my sleeping 3 year old on the packed bus back to the resort. I was paying attention the whole time, except for this one moment when the bus started to go and I fell to the ground. Not very fun

Scott10

4 years ago.....while waiting for Wishes to start, a family had their daughter (probably about 4 years old) try to wiggle her way into a good spot. Well, the father of the family that she was wiggling through nudged her out of his families spot which completely set off the little girls father, who by the way was much younger and stronger than the gentleman whose family was already there......the young father jumps in this guys face and starts going on and on about how you don't push my daughter and so forth using mostly language that was not necessary for those other little ones around to hear. I thought he was going to punch this older father. They ended up taking their daughter and storming off as she cried her eyes out. I felt awful for all the little ones that were there watching this unfold.

Gullywhumper

Worst meal we have had at WDW. It was 2005 and my daughter was 4 and son was 6. We went to the breakfast at the Polynesian. It was our splurge because we all know how much character meals cost but my parents always took me to a character meal so I did the same for my kids. Upon arrival there was a huge line to check in. It was no surprise that after 20 minutes in their line I was late checking in and the CM made sure I knew. Of course I explained that if I did not have to wait in their line I would not have been late. Then she proceeded to tell me they were running late. 5 minutes later our buzzer went off only to find out it was a mistake. The waiter was horrible. We waited forever on everything including syrup four our waffles. Not fun when your husband only eats hot food. The funny part though is when they set the food in front of us, my four year old daughter sat up on her knees and exclaimed "maccioni and cheese" (wish you could actually hear how she said it). She grabbed the spoon and took a full scoop for her plate. Needless to say it was undercooked scrambled eggs which gross me out to the point of gagging. She took a bite and wrinkled her nose and said "this isn't maccioni and cheese". We laughed so hard and will remember it forever.
I guess 2005 was not a good year for Disney.

I have quite a list from my last 17 trips, but I still keep on going back to WDW (alone now). A few of the lowlights include: in 2010, there were two evil women in the MK who refused to allow us to stand BEHIND them during the day parade. In 2011, I bruised some ribs on Mayday Falls at park opening because Disney had the water pressure turned up too high and I got flipped. Then in May 2014 on my last day and last ride, a rude old Cast Member working Peter Pan's Flight asked curtly, "how many", and I answered nicely, "one", then he nastily said, "one! - why?" and I replied with excessive kindness and a hint of sarcasm, "because I love Disney World". He ended the interaction with a dirty look and ruined the finale of my vacation. He had no business working the signature ride of the Magic Kingdom. I have to say that most of the Cast Members are terrific, but they do have some dead weight. As I am writing this, I have no regrets about taking 2015 off from visiting WDW.

psukardi

Around 12 years ago, my family stayed at the All Star Sports resort. My mother left her purse in the room. Housekeeping stole $500. But we had no proof of this. So Disney did nothing for us. Total failure. Learned to never leave valuables in a hotel room.

This is why I don't tip "mousekeeping"

Disney Shib

During my Disney College Program in 2007 I was working Peter Pan's flight and was at the merge point were the FP line meets the standby line. At the time Disney had a 40/10 line ratio. After counting out 10 standby guests I had to stop the line to let FP's in. The woman I stopped the line at started yelling at me and called me racist. I was trying to explain the counting process to her hoping she would understand that it just happened to be her who got stopped. She was with a bunch of kids as well so it's not like I could sneak 8 extra people through you know. While I was explaining the situation to her she leaned back and spit right in my face. Before she could even wiggle her way through the line and back out of the attraction one of the other CMs called for a manager and security. Not my most magical moment as a CM lol. Luckily a bunch of guests in line defended me and explained what had happened to management.

Kamikaze

I have quite a list from my last 17 trips, but I still keep on going back to WDW (alone now). A few of the lowlights include: in 2010, there were two evil women in the MK who refused to allow us to stand BEHIND them during the day parade. In 2011, I bruised some ribs on Mayday Falls at park opening because Disney had the water pressure turned up too high and I got flipped. Then in May 2014 on my last day and last ride, a rude old Cast Member working Peter Pan's Flight asked curtly, "how many", and I answered nicely, "one", then he nastily said, "one! - why?" and I replied with excessive kindness and a hint of sarcasm, "because I love Disney World". He ended the interaction with a dirty look and ruined the finale of my vacation. He had no business working the signature ride of the Magic Kingdom. I have to say that most of the Cast Members are terrific, but they do have some dead weight. As I am writing this, I have no regrets about taking 2015 off from visiting WDW.

Wait, Peter Pan's flight is the 'signature ride of the Magic Kingdom'?

DisneyDaver

A couple years ago ...learning portions of the GF (including Gasparilla's) would be closed during our stay. We found out by way of a letter well after we booked and relatively close to the date of our trip.

Last edited:

DisneyDaver

During my Disney College Program in 2007 I was working Peter Pan's flight and was at the merge point were the FP line meets the standby line. At the time Disney had a 40/10 line ratio. After counting out 10 standby guests I had to stop the line to let FP's in. The woman I stopped the line at started yelling at me and called me racist. I was trying to explain the counting process to her hoping she would understand that it just happened to be her who got stopped. She was with a bunch of kids as well so it's not like I could sneak 8 extra people through you know. While I was explaining the situation to her she leaned back and spit right in my face. Before she could even wiggle her way through the line and back out of the attraction one of the other CMs called for a manager and security. Not my most magical moment as a CM lol. Luckily a bunch of guests in line defended me and explained what had happened to management.

Wow ... I hope she was arrested. Spitting in someone's face in not cool.

gostone23

On the last day of most recent trip My daughter, 6, wanted to meet Jasmine. Realizing she was the last princess on my daughters list we raced over to see her only to find out her and Alladin got pulled because of lightning and thunder just as we were getting in line. She never got to meet Jasmine...

Damn you weather!

-robert

DisneyDaver

The funny part though is when they set the food in front of us, my four year old daughter sat up on her knees and exclaimed "maccioni and cheese" (wish you could actually hear how she said it). She grabbed the spoon and took a full scoop for her plate. Needless to say it was undercooked scrambled eggs which gross me out to the point of gagging. She took a bite and wrinkled her nose and said "this isn't maccioni and cheese". We laughed so hard and will remember it forever.

Ironically, the memories and laughs from "unmagical moments" like these can sometimes in the end add to the memories and magic. If the screw-ups didn't happen and you had a good, timely meal, you might not remember it 10 years later!

rob0519

Around 12 years ago, my family stayed at the All Star Sports resort. My mother left her purse in the room. Housekeeping stole $500. But we had no proof of this. So Disney did nothing for us. Total failure. Learned to never leave valuables in a hotel room.
How do you know it was housekeeping? The door may not have locked behind you or behind housekeeping and some other opportunistic theif was the culprit. Sorry for you loss. That's a lot of money to have disappear.

Pixie VaVoom

I forget what year it was, but it was right after the new Nemo ride opened in EPCOT. It was christmas day and the line was about 3 hours. My family decided to wait in it because there was nothing else we could do with all the crowds and we were excited to go on a ride that we haven't gone on before. Nemo was a big disappointment and I still refuse to go on it.

So would you say that was "Nemo...no mo??"

Uncle Remus

I can only imagine how you felt in that moment. I hope she was tossed out

Kamikaze

Sure, any attraction that has been cloned from DL where Walt personally assisted in its creation. The list is short now.

I would go with a great many rides over PPF as the 'signature' attraction of MK. iasw, Dumbo, Splash, Space, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, CoP are all clearly before PPF.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom