Unmagicial Moments

SyracuseDisneyFan

In 2011, we were at Animal Kingdom and my Mom was asking where we could find coffee mugs. The CM gave my Mom a dirty look and said in a snarky tone 'Mugs?".

HollyAD

Not to take up for the CM's, but having worked as a Loss Prevention officer in several establishments I can tell you that many companies train their staff to not apologize. Act concerned, but do not apologize. In this litigious society that we live in a company can get sued for the most minor of things. Saying that you are sorry is about as bad as admitting fault. The CM's should have done more. Maybe offer to replace the shirt with a Disney shirt or something, but I can understand why they did not say "Sorry". Although, as you stated, they could have asked if he was okay.

There was no concern at all. I semi understand the no "im sorry." The water went directly into his face and all down his body. I would have been happy to borrow a towel. But they did say "that happens." So it was a known mechanical problem that wasn't getting fixed. I am sure that it was not their fault it wasn't getting fixed it was all still unmagical. However, I bet we will ride it again soon. Just not near the front just in case!

G00fyDad

There was no concern at all. I semi understand the no "im sorry." The water went directly into his face and all down his body. I would have been happy to borrow a towel. But they did say "that happens." So it was a known mechanical problem that wasn't getting fixed. I am sure that it was not their fault it wasn't getting fixed it was all still unmagical. However, I bet we will ride it again soon. Just not near the front just in case!

My son used to freak out if he got even a spot of water on him when he was 2. It was kind of hilarious.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Dining at Artist Point, where the six kids at the table next to ours ran around the restaurant banging into chairs making noise and disturbing everyone while their 4 parents sat there and ate oblivious to it all. A very similar thing happens at Hollywood and Vine, where the parents sat at one table and four kids sat at another having a food fight. The manager at Hollywood and Vine put a stop to it, at Artist Point they didn’t.

That's when I put on my "I don't give a **** what those inept parents think about me" hat, saunter over and ask innocently if they know who the parents of those horrible children are...because I'm going to smack each one of them on their posterior (kids, not parents) if they don't stop misbehaving. :rolleyes:

LAKid53

Premium Member
But it's DISNEY WORLD! Kids are going to be kids. That little special snowflake just has some boundary issues and it's not their fault. What are you expecting, a child free meal with decorum and civility? That's never going to happen in the land of the mouse.

So? That doesn't mean you let your children run wild, especially in a restaurant where they can be injured. I am SOOOOO tired of people making excuses for misbehaving children "but it's Disney!". Artists Pointe isn't your typical fast food Disney restaurant, either. And yes, why cannot adults expect to have a pleasant dining experience at a signature restaurant? My god, if we had been those children, (1) that would be the last time we'd go to Disney or eat out at a nice restaurant before we turned 30 and (2) we'd have a hard time sitting down for a week. Just because it's Disney doesn't mean you check your manners at the entrance gate....

psukardi

So? That doesn't mean you let your children run wild, especially in a restaurant where they can be injured. I am SOOOOO tired of people making excuses for misbehaving children "but it's Disney!". Artists Pointe isn't your typical fast food Disney restaurant, either. And yes, why cannot adults expect to have a pleasant dining experience at a signature restaurant? My god, if we had been those children, (1) that would be the last time we'd go to Disney or eat out at a nice restaurant before we turned 30 and (2) we'd have a hard time sitting down for a week. Just because it's Disney doesn't mean you check your manners at the entrance gate....

I agree 100% I'm just replying with the snarky responses I've been given in the past when making the same inquires. It's why several restaurants are no longer visited while there and I'm starting to expand my dining off property more - for instance the 4 seasons will be getting some of my money.

LAKid53

Premium Member
I agree 100% I'm just replying with the snarky responses I've been given in the past when making the same inquires. It's why several restaurants are no longer visited while there and I'm starting to expand my dining off property more - for instance the 4 seasons will be getting some of my money.

Ah, I missed the sarcasm. I too am tired of the "but it's Disney" excuse for rudeness....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom