Unmagicial Moments

G8rchamps

Whenever I see a CM with a "Mickey Hand", I put up four fingers and give them a high four. As I was walking out of the MK I tried doing that and the CM told me high fives/fours are only for kids. What a dingus.
My DS9 and I both have our own high 4 gloves, although we usually just wear 1 each for rope drop because 2 sets is a lot to carry around. High 4's are for everyone!

Foltzy

10 years ago on POC my uncle was getting in when the op closed the gates on him. He got wedged in between the gates and lost his glasses into the water (free 1 day pass)

This year my dad got the Frozen fireworks at MGM (i don't care what it is now. Always will be MGM to me) Required an ER trip and the cabbie couldn't accept the cab card from Disney. I had to go argue at the front desk at 230 AM for them to pay it. I eventually had to pay the Driver and give him and bigger tip for waiting. (Still don't know what were gonna try and get from GR). Oh yeah. 3 other people were at the ER the same night because of the fireworks.

Then last year was the best/worst. A mom and teenage daughter tried to run up to the front of HM line right before the stretch room. I decided I wouldn't let them through (I eternally hate line jumpers). They asked if they could just pass me and my fam but I said no. They replied begging but I told them to go to the back. They said their party had been waiting for 30 mins so I said I did too. The family comes back and the dad was telling me how they were his family. I reply with my smart-a** comment saying my family Is right there. And they're part of my family too. Woah we both have families what a shock. They just ask why I wouldn't let them through. I said they were line jumpers and it's wrong. I added how the people behind me were too nice to stop them but I'm a jerk so they needed to get to the back of the line. A CM eventually comes and sends them back. I recieve high fives from the people behind me. The girl who was stopped yells "I HATE YOU!!" I just smile back at her laughing. A group of teenagers behind us flip her off. I stand with my mouth open in shock and I was holding my laughter. I reached back as gave them all high fives

ninjaprincesst

Going to Disney World in 2005 during Thanksgiving vacation, the last trip was in1977. Only to return in 2009 and realize that everyone discovered that Thanksgiving is the best time to go. It was so crowded we couldn't move.
It must have been a bad year because we have gone for Thanksgiving the last five years and it was crowded but no worse than a typical summer crowd. I have even done the unthinkable and gone to MK on Thanksgiving day and it was fine.

Goofyernmost

Worst meal we have had at WDW. It was 2005 and my daughter was 4 and son was 6. We went to the breakfast at the Polynesian. It was our splurge because we all know how much character meals cost but my parents always took me to a character meal so I did the same for my kids. Upon arrival there was a huge line to check in. It was no surprise that after 20 minutes in their line I was late checking in and the CM made sure I knew. Of course I explained that if I did not have to wait in their line I would not have been late. Then she proceeded to tell me they were running late. 5 minutes later our buzzer went off only to find out it was a mistake. The waiter was horrible. We waited forever on everything including syrup four our waffles. Not fun when your husband only eats hot food. The funny part though is when they set the food in front of us, my four year old daughter sat up on her knees and exclaimed "maccioni and cheese" (wish you could actually hear how she said it). She grabbed the spoon and took a full scoop for her plate. Needless to say it was undercooked scrambled eggs which gross me out to the point of gagging. She took a bite and wrinkled her nose and said "this isn't maccioni and cheese". We laughed so hard and will remember it forever.

That reminded me of an incident at Sci-Fi one time. I was traveling alone (as usual) and I went in for lunch. They seated me and honestly I waited for about a half hour and no one took my order. I finally was able to get someones attention and told her that no one had taken my order yet. She took it and as she was leaving the meal for the group in front of me arrived at their table. (they got there after I did) Anyway, I finally got my order and by then the group in the booth in front were just about finished. Just then the waitress brought me my bill. It was over $100.00 and all I had was a hamburger and ice tea. I called her back, as soon as I could get her attention again, and asked why I was being charged that much for a hamburger. She said that she assumed that I was paying for the 'table up front'. I couldn't help myself, I had to ask why. I was sitting way behind them, I hadn't spoken a single word to them in the form of conversation. As it turned out, they hadn't brought me any ketchup for my fries and I had asked them if they were done with their bottle. The waitress apparently saw that, and assumed that I was with them and that, for some reason, I was paying for everyone.

Except for the wait, it wasn't a terrible experience, just very strange. It got straightened out eventually, but, wasted a lot of my day to just have lunch. BTW, I hated those car themed booths. Way to small and uncomfortable.

COrunner

The only unmagical time I can think of has nothing to do with parks and everything with transportation and other guests.

We have all been there after the fireworks, midday parade, etc. You are tired, I'm tired, your kids, my kids, grandma, we all are going the same place. The bus/monorail arrives and suddenly it's the 1990's running of the bulls all over as you battering ram your stroller, yell for the bus driver that grandmas rascal HAS TO GET ON FIRST!

It just seems more and more rare that common sense takes over and people line up in the order they got there, knowing full well that sooner or later they will be back at their hotel. Instead it seems like once or twice a trip we get stuck with the people below.

tumblr_mxeplhIBwU1rlo1q2o1_250.gif

Tom

Beta Return
10 years ago on POC my uncle was getting in when the op closed the gates on him. He got wedged in between the gates and lost his glasses into the water (free 1 day pass)

This year my dad got the Frozen fireworks at MGM (i don't care what it is now. Always will be MGM to me) Required an ER trip and the cabbie couldn't accept the cab card from Disney. I had to go argue at the front desk at 230 AM for them to pay it. I eventually had to pay the Driver and give him and bigger tip for waiting. (Still don't know what were gonna try and get from GR). Oh yeah. 3 other people were at the ER the same night because of the fireworks.

Then last year was the best/worst. A mom and teenage daughter tried to run up to the front of HM line right before the stretch room. I decided I wouldn't let them through (I eternally hate line jumpers). They asked if they could just pass me and my fam but I said no. They replied begging but I told them to go to the back. They said their party had been waiting for 30 mins so I said I did too. The family comes back and the dad was telling me how they were his family. I reply with my smart-a** comment saying my family Is right there. And they're part of my family too. Woah we both have families what a shock. They just ask why I wouldn't let them through. I said they were line jumpers and it's wrong. I added how the people behind me were too nice to stop them but I'm a jerk so they needed to get to the back of the line. A CM eventually comes and sends them back. I recieve high fives from the people behind me. The girl who was stopped yells "I HATE YOU!!" I just smile back at her laughing. A group of teenagers behind us flip her off. I stand with my mouth open in shock and I was holding my laughter. I reached back as gave them all high fives

What happened at the fireworks?

MickeyisMyBestFriend

@ChimneySweep49 I can understand, last year......New Year's Eve.......able to eat 1 hour and a half after reservations at Crystal Palace.....phones dead.....Tangled charging station filled up by noon.....no where to walk. Still had a fun time though.:D

I would go with a great many rides over PPF as the 'signature' attraction of MK. iasw, Dumbo, Splash, Space, Jungle Cruise, Pirates, CoP are all clearly before PPF.
You forgot the Tiki Room. I respectfully disagree about Splash and Space. They are both great attractions, but they came after Walt's death. Peter Pan's Flight is pure sentimental joy, which is why I make it a priority to ride it at least twice during every trip. The point is that Disney should be assigning the cream of the crop cast members to work the Fantasyland rides, and not some grouchy *#@! who belongs on International Drive.

rt06

Found a spot nice and early for Wishes, left of the hub, next to the tracks, behind the tape, so no one can stand in front of us. Sat there for about 10 minutes while a CM right in front of us directed traffic along the designated pathways. Another CM comes by and tells us to move because we were within the pathway (designated by the line parallel to the rails). There was some discussion between the two CMs as to which was the actual boundary, the rail or the line parallel. Since that was the last "front" spot for that particular section, we had to move behind another group. After another half hour or so, the same CM changed the boundaries again to accommodate the swelling crowds which, of course, extended to our original spot and was promptly granted to another group. Not fair at all.

AintNoOtherMan

I feel like I've told this story on here before, but I'm not relevant enough for anyone to remember, so I'll tell it again. On my first trip in 2005, a few people (one on a scooter) were standing near Kali, getting their fastpasses out to use. They weren't ready to get on line. They were taking their time, which isn't bad, but don't keep others from getting in line. My family was ready, so we went to get in the fastpass line. Well, they didn't like that and started arguing with my parents (I was seven, so obviously I wasn't instigating anything, just standing there awkwardly haha) about our 'cutting them', even though they weren't in line, and were still getting ready.Well the woman in the scooter tried to run me over. My parents grabbed me out of the way, thankfully, because I didn't want to get run over by a scooter. What's funny is that those people still weren't ready after the argument, as we didn't wait near them or get on the same raft as them. Some people are just looking to start fights.

All that being said, this is being told from my memory from almost a decade ago, so I honestly have no clue what my parents said to them. I wouldn't be shocked if my parents did say something they shouldn't have, because they don't have the best filter in the world. (Don't worry. Now that I'm older, I make them be more polite, because I'm always afraid of looking like I'm a bad person because their actions reflect on me...) Nevertheless, it doesn't justify trying to injure a seven year old. Go for the offenders (joking).

Kamikaze

You forgot the Tiki Room. I respectfully disagree about Splash and Space. They are both great attractions, but they came after Walt's death. Peter Pan's Flight is pure sentimental joy, which is why I make it a priority to ride it at least twice during every trip. The point is that Disney should be assigning the cream of the crop cast members to work the Fantasyland rides, and not some grouchy *#@! who belongs on International Drive.

No, I didn't forget Tiki Room. I don't hold it in any type of esteem, despite its age. PPF is not a 'great' attraction. Splash is - regardless of whether or not Walt's hands laid on it. Is PPF a 'classic'? Of course. But I wouldn't even put it in the Top 10 attractions on property.

Takeitforgranite

It's funny how a place with so many rude and disrespectful people can still be special to so many. I can write a book about clueless parents, entitled scooter riders, and selfish jerks, but I still want to go back. I guess I just learn to accept it.

My unmagical moment came a couple years back when we decided to splurge and go for a moderate resort. We stayed in POFQ in late Feb. The bus stop consisted of two covered areas with each one serving multiple parks. Well, people would gather up in random areas not knowing what bus anyone else was waiting for until the bus rounded the corner. Then, it was a free-for-all. People who had just walked up would rush right up to the loading spot and force their way on. While I'm not afraid to voice my opinion, it got old having to speak up and tell these selfish jerks to wait their turns over the course of the week.

BEARSHOUSE4

....That time when my family and I arrived at DisneyQuest with prepaid tickets, and they let us in even though it was less than an hour till closing, didn't warn us that they were closing, and refused to do anything about my wasted money on those tickets!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom