Unmagicial Moments

psukardi

Still not sure if that post was a troll or serious. I still think they were serious because it was posted on a ton of sites & but if it was a troll it was the best I've seen in quite some time

Goofyernmost

Like I mentioned in my post earlier. DO NOT LET ANYONE in front of you. Just say No. If they try and go around just step in front of them. They don't like it and will usually go back if you put up a fight. If they ask why say that they are taking up a spot on the ride. And are making you wait longer.
Except that isn't necessarily true.

zurgandfriend

Dining at Artist Point, where the six kids at the table next to ours ran around the restaurant banging into chairs making noise and disturbing everyone while their 4 parents sat there and ate oblivious to it all. A very similar thing happens at Hollywood and Vine, where the parents sat at one table and four kids sat at another having a food fight. The manager at Hollywood and Vine put a stop to it, at Artist Point they didn’t.

Last edited:

psukardi

Dining at Artist Point, where the six kids at the table next to ours ran around the restaurant banging into chairs making noise and disturbing everyone while their 4 parents sat there at ate oblivious to it all. A very similar thing happens at Hollywood and Vine, where the parents sat at one table and four kids sat at another having a food fight. The manager at Hollywood and Vine put a stop to it, at Artist Point they didn’t.

But it's DISNEY WORLD! Kids are going to be kids. That little special snowflake just has some boundary issues and it's not their fault. What are you expecting, a child free meal with decorum and civility? That's never going to happen in the land of the mouse.

zurgandfriend

But it's DISNEY WORLD! Kids are going to be kids. That little special snowflake just has some boundary issues and it's not their fault. What are you expecting, a child free meal with decorum and civility? That's never going to happen in the land of the mouse.

And while all that was going on my own child ate his meal, behaved himself and said to me "Dad where are these kids parents?"

Capsin4

In my 8 trips, I've only had a very minor one. Last year my wife and 4 kids were there with my brother...walking into It's a Bug's Life my brother and his wife got about 10 feet ahead of us and went past the first cast member before the doors and of course the CM stopped us to wait for the next show. We asked if we could join them and he had a very mad attitude and said "Well I guess you should stick together then". Now, I dont expect things to revolve around me, but the place was less than 1/4 capacity, there was still plenty of time to go in (a good number of people were still waiting to go through the doors and nobody was behind us.

They came back to wait with us and it wasnt a big deal to wait for the next show, but the disgusted attitude from the CM was shocking. I'd heard about CMs like that but that was the first.

The only other thing that came close was when my brother refered to a female CM as "Sir". She was cutting it close to be honest, but we felt stupid and it was still awkwardly unmagical as she was running the carrousel and we probably passed that girl a dozen times as it went around. :in pain:

Tomi-Rocket

On my first buddy trip AND my first time going on Aladdin's Magic Carpets and the group of 3 or 4 of us turned into 14 or 15 after 11 (!) people joined their group in front of us. I was beyond ed off but am not a confrontational person. However, I may not be as accommodating on our next trip in a couple of months.

Dwarful

We have witnessed two unmagical moments...thankfully we were only witnesses not victims. lol

First, back in 1995 when my husband and I were on our honeymoon we were riding BTMR and a gentleman about 3 rows in front of us was yelling and screaming and having a great time....then we hear 'grab the teeth'....on a turn or hill he lost his dentures. So now every time we ride BTMR we yell "grab the teeth".

Christmas Day 2004 we were at the bus stop early staying at CSR. There are no formal bus lines at CSR (well, there weren't then). We were headed to MK that morning and planned accordingly arriving at the bus stop around 6:30. The bus pulled up close to 7 and this dad starts yelling at his family to start running. Dad proceeds to try to run to get on the MK bus before the 40 other people already waiting. Well Dad #2 decides this isn't going to happen. Before anyone really knew what was going on Dad 1 & 2 get into a fist fight. Driver called for help, neither family got on the bus. The wives looked ashamed and the kids were in tears...Merry Christmas to none in those families....really started the whole bus group on a very sad note.

Matt_Black

Christmas Day 2004 we were at the bus stop early staying at CSR. There are no formal bus lines at CSR (well, there weren't then). We were headed to MK that morning and planned accordingly arriving at the bus stop around 6:30. The bus pulled up close to 7 and this dad starts yelling at his family to start running. Dad proceeds to try to run to get on the MK bus before the 40 other people already waiting. Well Dad #2 decides this isn't going to happen. Before anyone really knew what was going on Dad 1 & 2 get into a fist fight. Driver called for help, neither family got on the bus. The wives looked ashamed and the kids were in tears...Merry Christmas to none in those families....really started the whole bus group on a very sad note.

Christmas? That sounds more like Boxing Day! (That's a bit of Yuletide humor.)

Capsin4

Still not sure if that post was a troll or serious. I still think they were serious because it was posted on a ton of sites & but if it was a troll it was the best I've seen in quite some time
There's a review of the GF on trip advisor by a lady who's going mental over the refurb. It's obviously real, but even more crazy than this one. Well worth the read.

steviej

During my Disney College Program in 2007 I was working Peter Pan's flight and was at the merge point were the FP line meets the standby line. At the time Disney had a 40/10 line ratio. After counting out 10 standby guests I had to stop the line to let FP's in. The woman I stopped the line at started yelling at me and called me racist. I was trying to explain the counting process to her hoping she would understand that it just happened to be her who got stopped. She was with a bunch of kids as well so it's not like I could sneak 8 extra people through you know. While I was explaining the situation to her she leaned back and spit right in my face. Before she could even wiggle her way through the line and back out of the attraction one of the other CMs called for a manager and security. Not my most magical moment as a CM lol. Luckily a bunch of guests in line defended me and explained what had happened to management.

Do you remember working with someone named Mike Eastland? That was my roommate during the cp. as well as his gf Mallory who I believe worked in the same location

Tom

Beta Return
We have been down to WDW almost every year since 2007 and have only had one unmagical moment. Took the grandkids down for their first trip to the ocean and the MK when they were 6, 8, and 11. We were staying offsite and had reservations for O'Hana. Being a Disney Geek I thought it would be fun to make it an adventure to get to the Poly. We parked at DD and took a bus, a monorail, and finally a boat to the remote island they would be dining on. Had a great time, even seated in front of the window so we could see the castle change colors. On the bus back, a woman sat in the back seat behind us. She started talking to the girls, and told them she was a CM and that she was Mickey and would see them in the park the next day. Then she asked where we were staying, then made a rude comment about offsite guests using Disney Transportation. Then told us she was going to get really drunk because she didn't enjoy her job. Luckily the kids didn't really pay any attention to her, but I was so upset. (This was in 2011 when parking was plentiful down by Cirque, would never do this now with the craziness at DD.) On the other hand, we have had tons of magical moments. Can't wait till my next visit!

My guess is that the woman wasn't really a CM....just a generally awful human being. Glad the kids were able to shrug her off.

ninjaprincesst

Just because your at Disney World does not mean kids should be allowed to misbehave, especially not to the extent this were. My daughter would never be allowed to act like that at Disney or anywhere else.

HRHPrincessAriel

I promise if you were sitting next to me it would. She's 3.5 and would hardly know she's there. Mine knows we will be walking outside at the drop of a hat if she's not behaving. She knows exactly what our expectations are not matter if we are at WDW, Taco Bell or some fancy place. It doesn't matter.

The person you quoted witnessed parents who just don't care and let their kids do whatever.

Last edited:

Bluewaves

No kids will be kids is not an excuse, discipline your children, if they can't sit through dinner don't take them there.

I don't care if you are Applebee's or having a signature dining at Disney World, teach your children to behave, the world should not bow to parents who do not care to teach their children how to behave and what is appropriate, do yourself and the world a favor and learn how to tell your kids no. I know my mom did, if me or my brother pulled any of that stuff we went back to the room and then there was no Disney, no mall , no toy store for us, those were privileges that were earned not just given.

Its about respect, that's why these kids think they can cut lines, because their parents never taught them to respect other people.

HollyAD

In Febuary of 2012 we went to wdw for a field hockey tournament. One night we headed to MK. It was slightly chilly but we brought sweatshirts. We noticed there was no line for jungle cruise so we went. It was dark out. As we were passing the elephant part of the ride the elephants sensor didn't work and sprayed my little 2 y/o son right in the upper body! I felt so terrible for him. He's super tiny and now he was drenched on a chilly night. The CMs were panicked but I heard one say " this happens sometimes when it's dark." No one really said sorry but they rushed over to some mechanical box. No sorry or no "is he okay?" was my problem with the situation. Also I was mad that it was a known problem after dark and they hadn't fixed it. Thankfully I had brought some clothes for him so we could stay in the park. But I still felt bad for the little guy.

G00fyDad

In Febuary of 2012 we went to wdw for a field hockey tournament. One night we headed to MK. It was slightly chilly but we brought sweatshirts. We noticed there was no line for jungle cruise so we went. It was dark out. As we were passing the elephant part of the ride the elephants sensor didn't work and sprayed my little 2 y/o son right in the upper body! I felt so terrible for him. He's super tiny and now he was drenched on a chilly night. The CMs were panicked but I heard one say " this happens sometimes when it's dark." No one really said sorry but they rushed over to some mechanical box. No sorry or no "is he okay?" was my problem with the situation. Also I was mad that it was a known problem after dark and they hadn't fixed it. Thankfully I had brought some clothes for him so we could stay in the park. But I still felt bad for the little guy.

Not to take up for the CM's, but having worked as a Loss Prevention officer in several establishments I can tell you that many companies train their staff to not apologize. Act concerned, but do not apologize. In this litigious society that we live in a company can get sued for the most minor of things. Saying that you are sorry is about as bad as admitting fault. The CM's should have done more. Maybe offer to replace the shirt with a Disney shirt or something, but I can understand why they did not say "Sorry". Although, as you stated, they could have asked if he was okay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom