Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
@Weather_Lady hit the nail on the head for me. How does the OP complain about food quality being bad yet wants "McDonalds fries"??? LOL. And the fact that she thought Cinderella is just sitting inside the castle???

Any reasonable person should understand why they "guard the doors and tables" at Pecos or Cosmic.

Hrudey3032

" I told my husband who was furious and complained to the manager, Sam. Sam did nothing. Sam did not apologize. Sam did not let me sit down. Sam did not give us vouchers for free dessert. Sam did nothing but stand in front of the door and treat us like second-class citizens."

The boldened part to me seems to be a telling sign. While it is just a small part of the letter I felt that clearly this is what they ultimately want.....free handouts because they were the only ones that mattered not the other thousands of people inconveinced by the same policy. Man if she got a free dessert then so to should everyone else!

Also this same quote reminds me of Dr. Suess Sam I am

mousehockey37

" I told my husband who was furious and complained to the manager, Sam. Sam did nothing. Sam did not apologize. Sam did not let me sit down. Sam did not give us vouchers for free dessert. Sam did nothing but stand in front of the door and treat us like second-class citizens."

The boldened part to me seems to be a telling sign. While it is just a small part of the letter I felt that clearly this is what they ultimately want.....free handouts because they were the only ones that mattered not the other thousands of people inconveinced by the same policy. Man if she got a free dessert then so to should everyone else!

Also this same quote reminds me of Dr. Suess Sam I am

Well, here's the OP's Disney Sam I Am:

We went to Disney on whim,
Went to park and couldn't get in.
Had to walk a distance far,
To ride a boat across the mar.

We were late to go dine,
So I had to start to whine.
They left us in, how late we were,
But no free stuff, how dare you sir.

So now we're home and I'm upset,
Here's my post in which I will vent.
Disney for me was bad from the start,
My husband shouldn't have added to cart.

TP2000

At this point, I was angry enough to ask for a manager to discuss all of these "new policies"... I told him that I took my two year old princess to the Magic Kingdom and she was unable to see Cinderella or Mickey Mouse. Apparently, he didn't care about that at all? Then he had the nerve to tell me that everyone is held to their high standard of policies, even Executive Vice Presidents! Really, well how does he know I'm not an Executive Vice President? He said he knew because an Executive Vice President would not cut off his sentences. Wow!

Of a fabulously funny post, this is actually my favorite part. It's a truly brilliant line from that manager.

I had no idea that WDW managers could have enough backbone to call out a rattling complainer like that. I'm impressed that they stood their ground and didn't cave in and offer "free desserts" like the OP expected.

It's just a shame that the OP doesn't realize how hilarious that interaction was, and how brilliant that manager she was talking with is.

GiveMeTheMusic

While the original post is one of the funniest things I've read in awhile, there are some legitimate complaints buried in the mire. WDW is no longer a place you can just go to, especially if you're paying for one day tickets. You HAVE to do your homework to have a good time, and that's kind of a shame. FP+, the inability to have table service without an ADR - there are going to be a lot of people like this poster as these policies solidify into place, especially on crowded days.

Now, the complaints about the parking situation are hilarious - homegirl clearly hasn't parked at MK ever, because it's been like that since October 1, 1971.

draybook

Okay, so you guys noticed that she hasn't been back, right? Kind of a waste to keep harping on her post and the subject.

mousehockey37

WDW is no longer a place you can just go to, especially if you're paying for one day tickets.

I think this is a key point right here. Disney is concentrating efforts on filling the resorts and having those people stay for at least a week at a time, if not more. I have friends that are locals down there and it'll be interesting to see how they visit the park now that these changes have been made. But once again, even for a day trip, a little planning will go a long way.

NiarrNDisney

Pet Peeve: Tardiness

I have always been told that when someone is continuously late it's a problem of entitlement because the person in question obviously feels that their time is more important than everyone else's.

Reserving a time slot in which to dine with a credit card ensures that the customer will show up for their reservation and not be charge for absents! This policy makes for efficiency and to protect from persons who abuse the system and make multiple reservations as well as not to waste the time of the establishment and other guests who would love to have the table that is being saved.

Becky

Okay, so you guys noticed that she hasn't been back, right? Kind of a waste to keep harping on her post and the subject.
Often an OP will not post a reply but will read replies to their post. Also there are many threads that are years old and suddenly someone will post a reply. These sites provide information but also entertainment. :)

If the OP is reading our replies I have only one question for them. How long have you worked for the marketing department of Universal? :rolleyes:

draybook

Often an OP will not post a reply but will read replies to their post. Also there are many threads that are years old and suddenly someone will post a reply. These sites provide information but also entertainment. :)

If the OP is reading our replies I have only one question for them. How long have you worked for the marketing department of Universal? :rolleyes:

In all fairness, if we look at the attendance numbers since the first Potter expansion opened I don't think Universal needs forum trolls to do any damage.......

Tomi-Rocket

Clearly the OP has too much time on her hands if she's posting the same exact message on several different boards. I think her time would be better served, if this whole story is indeed true, brushing up her travel agent skills because they are obviously out of date. Take a class, honey, and then GET some class.

mousehockey37

Clearly the OP has too much time on her hands if she's posting the same exact message on several different boards. I think her time would be better served, if this whole story is indeed true, brushing up her travel agent skills because they are obviously out of date. Take a class, honey, and then GET some class.

Well, as was found with her posts on the board that shalt not be named from about 10 years ago, she didn't have the travel agent skills then either!!! She was just as late and naive to the point that she thought she'd be royalty walking through the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom