Unmagical Day at the Magic Kingdom

MissingDisney

She's also at 9 pages of responses to her satire/parody. Well done! "

Truly, it's not a compliment to her, but rather a compliment to the faithful WDW Magic-ers who can keep things real. We call it like we see it and clearly, we are all viewing from different vantage points given the healthy debates that occur from time to time.

When I pay $100 per ticket to attend the local major-league baseball team game ending in a loss, do I send dumba$$ emails and posts about how I want my money back because my dream of seeing a win was shattered that day? No. The world does not revolve around any one human, regardless of what they may think. The earlier we learned this, the more fulfilled one's life will be.

However, one thing is certain. When you start talking absolute trash about our beloved, we will rise to defend against absurdity.

rob0519

There are now 2 more things I find hard to believe about this post.
1). It received 2 likes
2). How many people replied in so much detail and such length.

morningstar

Perhaps there is some legitimacy to some of her complaints.

Construction is inevitable, but maybe they should put up more barriers to hide it better.

I understand the policy of only letting guests with food sit at tables, but perhaps some flexibility could be allowed for families with small children. Or set up a seating area without tables specifically for †he purpose of waiting while one member of your party orders. I don't agree that children that young should not be brought to Disney World, although I think the OP had unreasonable expectations to be totally free of the challenges of parenting while doing so.

She could have avoided many of her issues by planning, and being a travel agent it is hard to understand why she didn't. Find out about construction before you go. If you want to sit down before you get your food, get ADRs to a table service. Not everyone is a good planner, though. It would be nice if everything could work so smoothly that with no planning you could have a trip to Disney World go off without a hitch, but in any enterprise of such scale that seems impossible. Still, if you are not a planner, and can accept the consequences that a few things will not go perfectly, you can have a happy vacation at Disney World.

It's the Magic Kingdom, not the Perfect Kingdom. It's the Happiest Place on Earth, even if not officially, but no one can make you happy, you have to have that attitude yourself. I imagine many families did have a happy and magical time that same day, because they didn't act like a few issues ruined everything. Shrug it off and have a good time. The OP wanted to have everything her way without planning anything. If you don't plan, then you will not get everything you planned, but you will still get some fun experiences.

Last edited:

mousehockey37

I'm sorry, but I can't believe someone like this is real and not just putting everybody on, even if it's on multiple boards and sites. Then again, I can't believe "Honey BooBoo" is a show. Maybe she's Momma June?

IMHO I think it's very real. I think there are many more like her out there and since she's a TA, she's got the internet as her playground to spew forth any nonsense she wants. This is why she's copy and pasted the same rant to about 6-7 different places.

It's scary that people exist that feel they are that entitled to things, especially in the way of her story. To degrade CMs the way she did, to act a fool in front of her children to try and get her way (only to still be calmly shot down as well as demonstrating 'wonderful' people skills), it just sickens me. Her trips from the early 2000s were a failure for her with breakfast ADRs due to her ignorance. Her trip just recently may not have been planned by her, but she still had time while in the car/walking the park, to try and throw a decent plan together, and she did not. She wanted it handed to her on a silver platter because, by golly, it was her 40th birthday.

Last edited:

loveofamouse

this woman is the perfect example of why customer service is a dying art. Everything and all things still doesn't make certain people happy. They expect full refunds for the smallest things. I spilled water in my cable box. You should give me a refund because I've been without service for a few hours. That's the mentality nowadays. The whole world owes me something. So customer service reps stop trying. They know they aren't going to satisfy you. Listen up, Princess. No one cares that it was your birthday. Guess what? You share your birthday with over a million other people, and, at any given time, possibly 3% of the people at the disney property (which includes Epcot and "MGM", BTW). You aren't going to get free dessert. This isn't applebees. Yes, it's disney world, the place of magic. It is also a company that listens to its guests. Why are the princesses "held up" in the hall? Because MANY people cited an issue with finding their locations for the day only for the princess to leave for a while for a break. People complained of waiting in the heat to see them and only getting a few seconds. Now, they are in the hall where they can rotate for breaks with guests not knowing it. They can spend more than a second with each child. Whenever we've gone, it was a good 5min with each in air conditioned comfort. Many people love knowing that they are in one consistent spot. The people that complain are people like you who think the princesses should be seeking you out, apparently. You aren't special. You are just a blip on this planet in a moment of time. Your kids are just like the other thousands of kids coming in the parks that day. No one will roll out the red carpet for you. If you were happier on previous trips, it was probably before your head blew up with the status you think you have. You sound like a terrible travel agent and am willing to bet you don't get much business which is why you think you should get the world with your one day ticket.

BTW I do believe this is a real post. I also think she's come back to read these comments but realized she gets no sympathy here. I also believe she's a local. No one comes from another state to do only one day and come back a week or so later for spring break. She knew better. She just thought she could put on a smile and some status and get what she wants.

morningstar

I don't see how being down on Disney will be good for her travel agent business. Suppose someone comes to her and wants her to plan a Disney World vacation for them. Is she going to say, "Oh no, the Disney World experience is horrible. You should go to Universal or Busch Gardens instead." Is that family going to say, "Hey, thanks for steering us clear of a big mistake"? No, they're going to say, "Umm, well, that's not what we asked for." What would be better for her travel agent business would be if she would figure out how to do Disney World right.

mousehockey37

You aren't going to get free dessert. This isn't applebees. Yes, it's disney world, the place of magic.

I got a birthday cupcake at one of my ADRs. You just have to know how to act and have someone in your party politely point it out when you are seated and having your order taken. Will you be guaranteed anything? No. But there's plenty of places that will do something small for you.

Figaro928

Truly, it's not a compliment to her, but rather a compliment to the faithful WDW Magic-ers who can keep things real. We call it like we see it and clearly, we are all viewing from different vantage points given the healthy debates that occur from time to time.

When I pay $100 per ticket to attend the local major-league baseball team game ending in a loss, do I send dumba$$ emails and posts about how I want my money back because my dream of seeing a win was shattered that day? No. The world does not revolve around any one human, regardless of what they may think. The earlier we learned this, the more fulfilled one's life will be.

However, one thing is certain. When you start talking absolute trash about our beloved, we will rise to defend against absurdity.

If your baseball complaint was parallel with her's, you'd insist on Derek Jeter handing you the game winning ball. And when that doesn't happen, you'll call the Met's to complain....

loveofamouse

I got a birthday cupcake at one of my ADRs. You just have to know how to act and have someone in your party politely point it out when you are seated and having your order taken. Will you be guaranteed anything? No. But there's plenty of places that will do something small for you.

True. Nothing hurts by asking, just don't expect it

morningstar

OMG some of the TripAdvisor reviews!!!

How should they hide a crane or a giant drained moat? :confused:

The crane is probably not possible to hide. A moat I would think would be easier. Put up walls around it maybe. Or stretch a tarp with a picture of water printed on it across it. It would fool nobody but with some suspension of disbelief such magic works. We know it's under construction but it still looks a little nicer.

Soarin2u

The thing that drives me the most crazy about her post, is that she spent all this time writing a rant to a fan forum. She took 30 minutes of her time thinking she would gain sympathy,but honestly showing her utter self-interest and ignorance. Who else besides an extreme egotistical person would sign up on a fan forum JUST to post her personal complaints Obviously someone who believes her complaints overcome those of others just because its her complaint.

lilclerk

The thing that drives me the most crazy about her post, is that she spent all this time writing a rant to a fan forum. She took 30 minutes of her time thinking she would gain sympathy,but honestly showing her utter self-interest and ignorance. Who else besides an extreme egotistical person would sign up on a fan forum JUST to post her personal complaints Obviously someone who believes her complaints overcome those of others just because its her complaint.
I think this is actually an email she wrote to guest relations, and she is keeping her threat to copy it all over the internet. It's easy to copy/paste an angry, bratty rant all over the place.

BigTxEars

This thread has legs! Now I only wish I was there the same day as that lovely family. I can only imagine the pure joy I would have encountered if I was standing behind them in lines. Talk about magical!

Customer service is huge part of my job. But some customers you just don't want....

lilclerk

This thread has legs! Now I only wish I was there the same day as that lovely family. I can only imagine the pure joy I would have encountered if I was standing behind them in lines. Talk about magical!

Customer service is huge part of my job. But some customers you just don't want....
Totally! But nice customers can make up for it. Be nice to your CSRs, they may have just talked to this lady!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom