Universals New Nighttime Show

TTA94

Original Poster
I wish I could justify an AP so I can check this show out in person,
Well I’m a local so I guess I could just get a one day ticket lol

I feel you, I’m not a big USO fan. Im trying to justify paying for a one day ticket to see a 20 minute show lol. Though it does look awesome and I want to see it. I guess I could do other things while I’m there lol.

TTA94

Original Poster
This show is probably the closest thing the east coast will ever get to DCAs WoC, sadly. I wish Disney would have brought it over. The only reason this show beats WoC is because it includes fireworks.

Disney Analyst

This show is probably the closest thing the east coast will ever get to DCAs WoC, sadly. I wish Disney would have brought it over. The only reason this show beats WoC is because it includes fireworks.

Even the fireworks don't help it beat WoC ;)

And when Disney does fireworks on New Years Eve with WoC tech it blows everything out of the water haha.

Tom Morrow

I also noticed an issue with the viewing area. The actual show only takes up around 1/2 to 2/3rds of the viewing area they created. People lined the entire thing, but a large portion of them see very little and no TM's were directing people to fill in the areas with a good view. It almost looks like there was supposed to be an entire additional section of the show that was cut or hasn't been installed yet.

matt9112

I wish I could justify an AP so I can check this show out in person, it seems fun based on the YouTube clips I've seen.

justify an AP? how about going to theme parks that "currently" have the most immerse theming in orlando and you dont have to wait 3 hours? jokes aside i have had both disney and universal passes and universals biggest strength is being able to just go visit...no fast pass no giant lines etc. compared to Disney its a breeze...truely refreshing to escape the sea of people in say the MK.

matt9112

WWoHP would be the only areas that meet or exceed Disney's level of immersion. Literally everywhere else in the resort, immersion is several steps lower, if it's even a priority at all.

everywhere? nah almost everywhere sure but the port of entry is my favorite entrance of any park in orlando. hopefully they begin to leverage what they learned with potter.

TTA94

Original Poster
Haven’t had a chance to catch this in person yet. I did finally get to see Ignite at Sea World and I have to say I was impressed. The obvious highlight was their flame throwers. For those that have seen both, how do they compare?

JT3000

It's a pretty good show. It has flaws, like the clarity of the water screens from some angles, the choice of movies represented, and the fact that it's a long show that has already shown most of its hand within the first minute, but it's much better than their previous efforts. Is it a poor man's World of Color? Maybe, but it's much closer than I expected (I've seen both in person.)

TTA94

Original Poster
Based on the high crowd levels how far in advance should someone arrive to get a front and center spot?

Tom Morrow

Based on the high crowd levels how far in advance should someone arrive to get a front and center spot?
I went on a busy night about 15 minutes ahead of time and had no issue getting a center spot. It seems that a lot of people don't realize that it is intended to be viewed from the one specific viewing area. Another issue is that the show itself does not fill up the entire viewing area, only about 1/2 to 2/3rds of it. It isn't exactly clear where the center of the show will be. For example, if you are directly across from the Ghiradeli sign, you are too far to the right. There are no signs to indicate anything, so unfortunately a lot of people end up waiting around in a spot with a bad view.

TTA94

Original Poster
Any updates yet on the last day of Cinematic Celebration? Or if it will return for the holidays? Hopefully a special holiday show! Though we likely won’t be hearing about that until after Halloween.

Rob562

Any updates yet on the last day of Cinematic Celebration? Or if it will return for the holidays? Hopefully a special holiday show! Though we likely won’t be hearing about that until after Halloween.

Are we anticipating it not playing on the non-HHN nights? (Is there a reason it wouldn't?)

-Rob

TTA94

Original Poster
It will not be run during HHN. Too many props around to let the people flow in and out. It would be a distraction to the Horrah!

Well we know it won’t run on HH nights, mostly October as they close at 5pm the whole month, but what about September? The hours for September seem all over the place though from closing at 9 some nights, 7 some nights, 6 some nights...

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Well we know it won’t run on HH nights, mostly October as they close at 5pm the whole month, but what about September? The hours for September seem all over the place though from closing at 9 some nights, 7 some nights, 6 some nights...
The hours are due to park buyouts and HHN. The show will run til HHN starts then the park closes to day guests at 5pm on those nights.

Not sure what you are looking for here, September 1st? Sure it will run, Sept. 7 Yes, it will run. After Sept 13 through Nov. 4 no, it will not run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom