Universal Studios Florida or Disney's Hollywood Studios?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You can`t compare.

What is accepted is USF has grown and added since it was opened. DHS has got confused and stagnated.

Skip

Universal is more of a Thrill ride place then HS even though it has rock n Roller coaster and ToT.

So USF

While I prefer USF, this statement is false - Revenge of the Mummy and Rockit are the only two real "thrill" rides in the park... Rock'n'Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror are the only two real "thrill" rides in DHS. Look at that, they both have the same amount of thrill rides to about the same degree... that said, Universal has for more immersive and expansive theming with an excellent collection of rides and shows that, at least to me, blow DHS's stale offerings out of the water.

agent86

Universal Studios, hands down! Not even a close contest.

The thing about DHS, is the layout is like a messy room. There's no flow from one "theme" to the next. Things are just plopped down wherever. Additionally, pretty much everything there is either a scaled back version of what it used to be, or it's old and run down, or it's new but relatively boring (LMA being a great example of this). In all honesty, DHS is at the bottom of the totem pole of all the Universal/Disney parks combined. If I've got limited time in Orlando to see both resorts, and I have to cut out a visit to one of the parks, DHS is ALWAYS the park that gets cut from the itinerary. On my last two visits to Orlando, I didn't even visit DHS once. The one thing that park has going for it is that it has the second best theme park attraction in all of Orlando... Tower of Terror (Spiderman is the best IMO). If you removed Tower of Terror from DHS, there would be no reason to ever bother visiting.

USF, on the other hand, is very well laid out. There is a logical and smooth transition from one section to the next (a great example of this is how they transition seamlessly from New York to San Francisco to Amity Island...brilliantly done). Another thing I love about USF is that there are sections that are there just for ambience and nothing else. In particular, in the NY section there are little nooks and alleyways to explore. In the Hollywood section, there are entire structures that are just there to add atmosphere and to make you feel as though you're really there. I have no doubt that if Disney owned this park, those areas would immediately be converted to souvenir stands and DVC booths. Also, the attractions at USF are far superior to those at DHS (except Tower of Terror).

The Empress Lilly

My heart goes out to DHS...

...but I can not in all honesty say that Disney manages to have the finest movie park in Orlando. Such a pity. DHS started out fine. Currently, it is a mess. There has been no Grand Plan, or it got lost along the way. DHS is disjointed, lacking in theme, lacking in cohesion.

The tragedy is, that even when DHS does something right, it gets it wrong. Fantasmic, for example. A great show. But just dumped down there, a two hour walk from the main park, in the middle of nowhere. It is akin to walking from the Magic Kingdom to the new DVC tower to watch wishes. The magic is simply absent.

JT3000

Universal. TOT is still one of my favorite rides, but it doesn't keep USF from blowing DHS out of the water as a whole. Better attractions, better theming, etc.

In all honesty, DHS is at the bottom of the totem pole of all the Universal/Disney parks combined.

Agreed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom