Universal Studios Florida or Disney's Hollywood Studios?

SirGoofy

That's why its an opinion. Jaws is one of my favorite attractions anywhere as long as you have a good skipper. I absolutely love it. I normally ride it at least 3 times when I visit.

Oh, I like the attraction, don't get me wrong.:wave:

I wish they still had the full fire effect on it, though.

Monsterfan99

Universal by a landslide for me.

I love DHS and find the park to be fun. It houses my favorite amusement/theme park ride in Tower of Terror and enjoy the shows in the park. The reason Universal Studios wins is the rides.

For the two parks, the shows are both good but better at DHS. T2:3D and Twister are good shows overall. After that, there is a drop off to the other shows. Universal also has the worst show this side of "college kids on break singing hit song" shows in U 360. DHS easily has a better line-up and not too many weak shows.

For rides DHS has Tower of Terror and Toy Story Mania on the amazing side. I did not like Rock-n-Roller Coaster that much (stupid Vekoma) and found the Great Movie Ride ok at best. The current Star Tours did not age well, but the makeover will solve that.

Universal on the other hand has Mummy, Hollywood RRR, Simpsons, MIB, Disaster and Jaws on the positive side. I do agree Shrek is awful (my least favorite attraction at either Universal or Disney,) but it does not bring the park down.

Either way, both parks are miles better then some other parks in the country.

captainkidd

DHS and it isn't even up for debate. Anyone saying USF over DHS must either work for Universal or have never been to DHS.

DHS, while light on attractions is filled with top notch attractions from iconic characters.

USF is filled with mediocre attractions to horrible attractions, many of which replaced great attractions and alot of them are from flash in the pan characters.

*Shrek is a terrible ride, show, and character and should have never replaced the WAY better Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera.

*Twister is boring and based off an even more boring film.

*The Simpsons is OK but grows stale after the first ride and replaced the much much better Back to the Future Ride.

*MIB, again cheap ride based off average movies.

I do love ET, Jaws, Terminator ...and I think the Mummy is ok but nothing at USF comes even close to touching the perfection of themeing, ride, story, etc of Tower of Terror ... or even RNRC, TSM, ST, or even VoTLM.

Wow - I don't think I could possibly disagree more with almost everything you said.

I don't work for Universal. I've been to DHS far more times than USF, and I think USF is a far superior park.

As someone else said, Simpsons is no worse than Star Tours.

MIB is cheap? Huh?

ToT is an amazing attraction, but the Mummy wipes the floor with RnRCoaster.

SirGoofy

They still use it at night. It was running full force at Halloween Horror Nights on Friday. Great to see. :wave:

Unfortunately I haven't been to Uni at night in a long, long time.

Hopefully if I'm living in Orlando this summer I'll be able to get there at night.

Mouse Man

DHS is a far better park then Universal Studios. Universal always seems to be down beat, boring and is missing something that I can't put my finger on. Now DHS is fun, lively, colorful and has a lot of nice shows, rides and resteraunts. I always love being in that park and love Fantasmic for the end of the evening. The park is always clean and the people are exactly what I expect and want "DISNEY".

kcnole

I do agree that DHS does a better job of evoking an emotional response on entering it. It used to be even better before the stupid hat. But there's just something about the energy of the Welcome to Hollywood song as you enter the park. Universal made a major mistake by theming their entrance as a studio and then having other streets off of it. Had they created the entrance directly into Hollywood or New York and then just had the sound stage section in the back I guarantee it would make a huge difference in the park from an emotional perspective.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Phony advertising about magic and pixie dust?

sigcow1.jpg

Mouse Man

Say what you want but Universal is a drag compared to DHS, Yes there is something missing, wait I got it fun and after Harry Potter is over People. Must of been the cow bell that enlightened me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom