Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

disneygeek90

For anyone curious, I went to Universal this evening. The low waits on the app and the empty pictures I saw online were enough to entice me.

5:30 arrival into Universal Studios. Grabbed a Gringotts virtual queue at 5:25 good beginning at 5:40. Walked right into Gringotts with no line whatsoever, we skipped both preshows. I sat in row 1 and another single rider sat in row 3, that was the entire car.

Walked straight into ET, I sat in row 3 while two others sat in row 1. There were 2 entering behind me and that was it.

Used my Express Pass for Mummy, which wasn't really needed but hey. I was the only one in the Express queue and had my own personal Mummy ride. Finished it off a few minutes before close with my own personal ride of MiB.

It was raining pretty good the last hour which likely contributed to the low crowds, but it wasn't even close to the level I saw for the AP days. I'm interested to see how the weekend goes but it was so good to be back and get my theme park fix.

Giss Neric

I was wondering why they allow taking off the mask in Jurassic Park River Adventure but not in other rides. So water rides are an exemption?

Giss Neric

For anyone curious, I went to Universal this evening. The low waits on the app and the empty pictures I saw online were enough to entice me.

5:30 arrival into Universal Studios. Grabbed a Gringotts virtual queue at 5:25 good beginning at 5:40. Walked right into Gringotts with no line whatsoever, we skipped both preshows. I sat in row 1 and another single rider sat in row 3, that was the entire car.

Walked straight into ET, I sat in row 3 while two others sat in row 1. There were 2 entering behind me and that was it.

Used my Express Pass for Mummy, which wasn't really needed but hey. I was the only one in the Express queue and had my own personal Mummy ride. Finished it off a few minutes before close with my own personal ride of MiB.

It was raining pretty good the last hour which likely contributed to the low crowds, but it wasn't even close to the level I saw for the AP days. I'm interested to see how the weekend goes but it was so good to be back and get my theme park fix.
The app was a struggle for the virtual queue. All rides are running 1/4 of normal plus they clean it every cycle. Some rides with virtual queues just went back to normal wait times. I guess they are still figuring it out cause it's hard to grasp accurate wait times with all the spacing out of riders and stuff. The rain contributed to it as well. When I went on Hulk I still waited 30 minutes. Hagrids was still a pain in the behind to ride as usual.

Getachew

More/longer previews than Universal. Start on July 10 for the last day of MK and AK previews and work it back by however many days they decide they want. I’ve heard everything from late June to July 6 for the days that previews will start, largely dependent on what needs tested.

I imagine the EC and DHS previews would be later than MK and AK ones since they are opening up later?

Tori

I was wondering why they allow taking off the mask in Jurassic Park River Adventure but not in other rides. So water rides are an exemption?
WRONG. Go back to their initial release of why they would have water effects turned off. And your argument makes no sense because they don't have to wear masks on water rides so why would they turn off water effects in fear of a mask getting wet you do not have wear on water rides? You didn't pay attention.

You can take your masks off on rides that get you drenched. Masks become ineffective if soaked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom