Universal Puts Disney's Reopening on Defensive

rowrbazzle

Copper Creek I think is half of Wilderness, but when you add BRV it gets a little higher. I don't know how any of it would work either, so I was asking for clarification. It just seems like DVC makes it impossible to open up half of the "deluxe" hotels as they are more than half of the ones at WDW.

Essentially whether you have 500 or 1000 people using the same elevator every day, it's too many to sanitize in between. So given the doors are more than 6 feet apart I don't see limiting the number of guests in a hotel making a huge difference in risk. So in going back to the idea of closing resorts rather than limiting capacity at resorts, I think that could make sense. It's just ugly picking which people's vacations you cancel

Yeah, I dunno either. I'm interested to see what they do also.

As for the rest, I figured they'd be moving people rather than outright canceling on them. I guess it depends on how many reservations they have on the books right now. Hopefully it's not "too many."

Amused to Death

I think when you get to the 90s a few thousand more would be neither here nor there! Rather you than me :)
Oh, it was awful. But I was only 18, visiting with my girlfriend (who's now my wife), and our limited funds for ticket books meant we didn't have too many lines to stand in anyway. 😆 All in all we still managed to have a great time.

There again “New Years eve 1980” can be taken as 4 months before your visit.
Yup. As @tirian suggested, perhaps it was being touted as a record for Easter week.

brianstl

I heard somewhere that one of the All Stars might be used for one of the sports leagues. Not sure if it is the NBA, maybe MLS or support people for either of those leagues.

JoeCamel

Universal only continued paying their full time employees 80%. Disney has thousands of more employees than UO, so its much harder for them to do what UO did. Also, UO is much smaller, and all of their resorts are third party owned, so that also makes it easier for them to open before WDW

A note, the Uni resorts are third party operated not owned.

New Year’s Day 1980 held the record with 93,000.

Holds up hand and says "present".

WDW Pro

Original Poster
I heard somewhere that one of the All Stars might be used for one of the sports leagues. Not sure if it is the NBA, maybe MLS or support people for either of those leagues.

Extremely doubtful, although I'm sure these rumors are circulating. The only thing I've heard for the NBA is (if it happens) Carribean Beach or Port Orleans. Pro athletes would need a secure resort with amenities (ie a degree of luxury).

pdude81

I'm hearing that cast from Pop Century are getting called back, so you may get your wish. My best GUESS at this point is the MK resorts plus Pop.

Aside from DVC, right? They seem to be indicating all of those resorts will be open on 6/22. And they are all over the place

lewisc

Extremely doubtful, although I'm sure these rumors are circulating. The only thing I've heard for the NBA is (if it happens) Carribean Beach or Port Orleans. Pro athletes would need a secure resort with amenities (ie a degree of luxury).
I thought Coronado Springs Resort was the rumored NBA resort.

GoneViral

All DVC open 6/22. Just got email from DVC.

I swear I'm not trying to be a pedant. I just want everyone to have the most accurate information.

So, to be clear, all WDW DVC resorts will reopen, and Vero Beach/Hilton Head will come back even sooner. Aulani and Grand Californian still don't have return dates yet.

(And yes, WDW properties are the ones most of us care about.)

nickys

Premium Member
Umm I think if anyone isn't getting enough credit it is @Magic Feather who refuted the opening timeline/dates of OP and literally told us the exact week the parks would begin to reopen... and was correct.
Not to mention @marni1971 has posted the week beginning July 5th several times over the last few weeks. In his casual, throw-away remark style.

And yet neither started a thread proclaiming it to the world. Maybe there is a lesson to be learned there. 🤔

Sir_Cliff

Pro athletes would need a secure resort with amenities (ie a degree of luxury).
Not trying to be funny, but do Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans really fall into that category? I would think Coronado would be a cut above on amenities with the new tower and everything that comes with being a convention hotel. For example, I know they're not exactly going to be doing their training there, but surely a resort with two fitness centres and a spa would be more appealing to athletes than one with none of that?

WDW Pro

Original Poster
Not trying to be funny, but do Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans really fall into that category? I would think Coronado would be a cut above on amenities with the new tower and everything that comes with being a convention hotel. For example, I know they're not exactly going to be doing their training there, but surely a resort with two fitness centres and a spa would be more appealing to athletes than one with none of that?

No, but if GF, Contemp, and Poly are in use, that leaves you AKL and WL.

ToTBellHop

I swear I'm not trying to be a pedant. I just want everyone to have the most accurate information.

So, to be clear, all WDW DVC resorts will reopen, and Vero Beach/Hilton Head will come back even sooner. Aulani and Grand Californian still don't have return dates yet.

(And yes, WDW properties are the ones most of us care about.)
Yes. Opening 6/15: Vero and Hilton Head
Opening 6/22: Fort Wilderness, AKL, Kidani, Bay Lake (requiring Contemporary), Poly, GF, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club (and likely Yacht), BoardWalk, Riviera, OKW, SSR. OP suggests Pop.

Mikeshch

Opening 6/22: Fort Wilderness, AKL, Kidani, Bay Lake (requiring Contemporary), Poly, GF, Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club (and likely Yacht), BoardWalk, Riviera, OKW, SSR. OP suggests Pop.

So if the resort I’m supposed to stay at doesent open Disney will move me correct?

nickys

Premium Member

I agree, Coronado is the only real option on the table.

They almost certainly don’t want other people around which would rule out any of the Deluxes because of the DVC parts of the resorts which share amenities. And even Yacht Club because of the Beach Club next door.

WDW Pro

Original Poster

DVC is separate from what I was discussing. DVC has to be offered whereas filling hotel rooms to non-DVC withot any parks open will be extremely difficult.

WDW Pro

Original Poster
I agree, Coronado is the only real option on the table.

They almost certainly don’t want other people around which would rule out any of the Deluxes because of the DVC parts of the resorts which share amenities. And even Yacht Club because of the Beach Club next door.

You're correct.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom